PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT UPDATE from Denise needles

landolphe
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Rec'd from Denise Cust Serv re new size 17 abd 19 needles:

Thanks for your message, and I'm sorry the #17 and #19 needles aren't quite fitting the bill for you! We debated long and hard about whether to make the tips as pointy as the #13 and #15 needles -- everybody has a different opinion, but the rounded tips won out in the final vote. However, the material the needles are made of IS amenable to shaping. I would recommend using a rough grade of sandpaper for the shaping, and 600-grit sandpaper for the final smoothing. You may even want to go to a fingernail buffing board to really smooth it out at the very end.

I hope this does the trick for you, and please let me know if you ever have other questions or feedback. Happy knitting to you!

All the best,
Emily McKeon
info@knitdenise.com
http://www.knitdenise.com
888-831-8042

Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles
1618 Miller School Rd.
Charlottesville, VA 22903

niffer
01-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Hmmmm... I don't own denise's, but I'd be inclined to check if this would void any warrentee on the product before sharpening them.

It's nice to know you can if you want to though.

Silver
01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
IMHO ALL Denises are better when sharpened. I've only sharpened my 5s though. I hate blunt tip needles! :!!!: (I :heart: Options)

aineepooh1
01-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I have been to their website but had forgotten the larger needles were now available~!!
thanks
:cheering: :cheering: