PDA

View Full Version : Circular Legwarmers?

niffer
01-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know of a legwarmer pattern done on Circular needles?

I Just got my first circulars and want to knit something for my cold legs, but I can only find patterns for straight needles and I hate hate hate seaming.

I've searched the usual haunts, any out of the way places I can look?

Any help appreciated.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

tilllie
01-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Niffer...if you have found a pattern you like you can just cast on the required number of stitches and join to knit in the round. Try Sock Knitters Homepage
I am pretty sure there are some leg warmer patterns on there if you have the patience to look through all of the very long list! Tillie

Jenelle
01-20-2007, 11:12 PM
How long are the circs?

If they are 32" or longer you could try magic looping them(find this technique in the 'Advanced Techniques' section up above).

If you want to get creative and just wing it, measure your leg circumference, find your gauge(preferably stitches to the inch), then times the circumference by the stitches to the inch, and cast that many on.

If you are feeling even more creative you can do a fancy lace pattern or color changes. :teehee:

HTH! :hug:

niffer
01-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I have a set of Boyes, I was thinking of making it up as I go along - just see which set of cables fits best around my leg and knitting it up on that, with ribbing at the top, then some prettyness around the ankle.

I might have a go and see what happens.

:hug: :hug:

BrittKnits
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
When I moved to Montana, a friend gave me a legwarmer knitting kit that came from circulars. It came with all the yarn and everything. If it weren't in storage in Wyoming (long story), I'd tell you the brand. BUT I can tell you that, knowing my friend, the kit was inexpensive (the yarn was a mohairish blend, I think; pretty and soft) and was bought locally in Fort Myers. Fort Myers is not known for exotic stores -- the kit probably came from Joann's or Michael's.

debb
01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
I made the ones from LAST MINUTE KNITTED GIFTS. I think it was just a K1P1 rib done on circs

sjr
01-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I just made two pair of leg warmers on size 7 circs using Kathmandu Aran yarn. I just cast on 50 sts and did k2p2 rib for about 3" ( pretty tight for the first couple of rows, but then it is fine). I knit LONGGGGG leg warmers because I like them to scrunch up...then I decreased 2 sts and knit another ribbing for the bottom. They are great!

sjr
01-22-2007, 07:42 PM
I just made two pair of leg warmers on size 7 circs using Kathmandu Aran yarn. I just cast on 50 sts and did k2p2 rib for about 3" ( pretty tight for the first couple of rows, but then it is fine). I knit LONGGGGG leg warmers because I like them to scrunch up...then I decreased 2 sts and knit another ribbing for the bottom. I love them and so does my friend I gifted with a pair!