PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I did it! Yay!!! (Knitty's Kureyon tea cozy)

cookworm
01-23-2007, 01:36 AM
I just finished my Knitty Kureyon tea cozy (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTkureyonkozy.html), and I'm so proud! :cheering: After having some problem with the pattern (because I wasn't reading it correctly) and frogging it, it's done! I may have to redo the i-cord because the pattern called for wool yarn and I used 100% which has less "give" than the wool, but that's no biggie. I can't wait to use it and proudly display it on my table! I can't believe what a great fit it is...I was so afraid I'd screw it up so badly that it wouldn't fit.

I used Lily's "Sugar 'N Cream" 100% cotton yarn in the color "jewel" ombre. Total yarn cost was only $2.00 (not quite two balls of yarn)!!!!! :woohoo:

So here are pictures of the finished product as well as a detail of the yarn color.

Lisa Kay
01-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Very nice! I :heart: the colors!

Toast King
01-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Beautiful colours & what a bargain! Really nice :cheering:

nonny2t
01-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Cute cute cute!

newamy
01-23-2007, 10:06 AM
I think it looks great!

I have been looking for a perfect tea cozy pattern, off and on. Of course I had seen the knitty version but didn't really like it, and who wants a hand wash only tea cozy??? But yours looks way better than the Knitty picture. Why didn't I think to actually substitute yarn??? I will have put this on my things to make list.

loveswildflowers
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
:cheering: I love what you did with this pattern. Beautiful and much more practical than the knitty version. You should definately be beaming with pride!

sara_jayne
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
So pretty - I love the colors!

AnreeAce
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Gorgeous! :cheering:

HamburgKnitter
01-23-2007, 01:28 PM
that's really pretty!

Kaydee
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
It looks great!!! I might just have to make one for myself...although I need to get myself a tea pot first :teehee:

feministmama
01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
I wanted to make this too. You have inspired me to go out and find some beeeyooteeful and much cheaper cotton yarn. Yours is fabulous! :notworthy:

ecb
01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
It looks great!!! I might just have to make one for myself...although I need to get myself a tea pot first :teehee:

Me too, to make teat at home
but consider getting the clear glass teapot so you can get THESE
http://www.teaposy.com/
I have become obsessed with getting these for my home
they taste wonderful
and are SO beautiful

ecb

losnana
01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
I love it!!! Too bad I only make tea one cup at a time. Maybe that will have to change. The idea of using cotton was brilliant! :cheering: :cheering:

luv2knit
01-24-2007, 12:21 AM
I :heart: the cozy! And it's good to know you can use inexpensive yarn and still can get very beautiful results! You did a great job! :cheering:

melissa.atkins
01-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Pretty!! I love it!! Cozy!!!

jdee
01-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Beautiful! :cheering:
I like to keep lots of the sugar n cream yarn on hand, for kitchen products. Quite often, they put in on sale for 99 cents a skein at Hobby Lobby, and I stock up. I plan to eventually have only hand knit dishcloths, pot holders, hot pads, etc. If I had a teapot, I'd add that cozy to my list. :rofl:

cookworm
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for all of the kind compliments, everybody! :aww: It's just that I'm a cheapskate, and I'm also a scaredy cat--I figured that I would probably screw up the pattern, but why would I care as much if I only used $1.00 yarn, right? :teehee: :oops: I picked out the cheeriest, prettiest cotton yarn I could because my teapot is kind of drabby. I imagine the Kureyon wool was probably a lot more insulating and would keep the teapot warmer longer, but it's not washable, and I'm not exactly a perfect lady when it comes to spills! :teehee: :oops: Once I got the hang of the pattern, it wasn't bad. There were a lot of new techniques for me there, so it was a little bit frustrating at first (something beyond my typical garter-stitch triangle and rectangle shawls :teehee: ) I may even make one for my sister now that I know how to do it nicely. And she'll think I spent a fortune on yarn! :twisted:

jodstr2
01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
:inlove: gorgeous! congratulations! :heart: