PDA

View Full Version : Scarf Progress Pics

Knitting_Guy
01-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I measured my disaster in progress today and it's right at 36". I decided to go ahead and post a couple of pics of it at this stage even though it really is a horrible piece of work. It should be good for a chuckle or two. :rofl:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/mason61/00001-1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/mason61/00002-1.jpg

Stiney
01-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Looks great!!! :happydance:

And pink. :rofl:

I know, I know, it's the lighting. It looks waaaay better than my first scarf.

HamburgKnitter
01-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey, that looks really good! :cheering:

You should see my first scarf.

niffer
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Thats really good!
I love the colour!

Knitting_Guy
01-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks folks. I guess we're our own worst critics.

Yeah, the color didn't come through correctly in the pics. It's actually much more red than it looks in the pics.

brendajos
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
That scarf is perfect! It shows your progress in such a great way. You can see the uneven-ish stitches at the beginning and how neat the stitches are the further you got along. Very impressive. :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey that's not bad at all! Looks pretty darn good! All that ribbing.. :zombie:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-23-2007, 01:30 PM
fabulous!!! It shows what a learning experience you've had!!

nadja la claire
01-23-2007, 01:32 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance: :cheering: :balloons: :blooby: :yay: :woot: :woohoo: :clink:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

sara_jayne
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
It looks fabulous so far! Practice will only make your knitting better, but you should be super proud of this scarf! :thumbsup:

Knitting_Guy
01-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks. I am kinda proud of it, disaster that it is :roflhard:

It does reflect the progress I've made in learning the new skill, which is why I kinda like it. Once it's finally finished I'll be keeping it as a reminder and so I can pull it out every once in a while to have a good laugh.

zkimom
01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Very nice work -- I can see how nicely your stitches are progressing. :cheering:

It's fun, isn't it?

:woohoo:

Best,
Susan

dustinac
01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
:cheering: Looks good and you can see your progress!! :happydance:

iza
01-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself! This IS very good work. You should definitely be proud! :cheering:

The first project I made was also a scarf and my boyfriend still wears it, even though there are little mistakes. And you know what? People compliment this scarf all the time! We do tend to criticize our work way too much...

aylaanne
01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
I love that you're planning on keeping it to look at later. Nothing boosts your ego more than looking at how much progress you're making. And that scarf is ALL about progress. You're doing a great job! Keep us posted!

letah75
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
It looks GREAT!!! You are doing a great job!!

I'm making a baby blanket right now, and I've made 25 mistakes (yea, I'm keeping count.) I've had to frog, I've had to tink, and I see EVER imperfection, but I know the family I'm giving it to wont. Every time I pick it up I want to kick myself for the mistakes :shrug: . We are definately our own worst critic.

Mariblue
01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
That's really great! :cheering:
Mariblue

Kaydee
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I think it looks great...its neat to see how you're progressing. Keep up the good work!

syndactylus
01-23-2007, 08:04 PM
cool!
the parts that look like joints are Great.
(what is that you did there?)

lissalue
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
that scarf looks great! you are doing a wonderful job! my first scarf was all garter stitch, so the ribbing really impresses me! :cheering:

mks22300
01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
It's looking great! :thumbsup:

Knitting_Guy
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
cool!
the parts that look like joints are Great.
(what is that you did there?)

:roflhard: The parts that look like joints are major screw ups. I have no idea what I did there. The one up close to the top of the steering wheel is a single row I tried to knit after having a couple too many beers. I have no idea why it turned out that way but I quit after the one row. Friends shouldn't let friends knit drunk.

Forever more when I look at this scarf I will see that messed up row and remember that night in Indiana.

Kaydee
01-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Friends shouldn't let friends knit drunk.
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

letah75
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Knitting_Guy,

I have to tell you, I love :muah: that you are a trucker and you knit!!! I am not only addicted to knitting, but I am also addicted to this forum :teehee: . When I talk about this forum to other people (and I often do) I mention you, and your adventures in knitting, because lets face it, knitting is an adventure.

My co-workers have started lurking on the site, to see your posts, and all of the guys I know are now more interested in knitting because "if a trucker does it, then it can't be that bad" :teehee: In fact I've even had one of my guy friend 'break down' and wants to learn to knit.

Knitting_Guy
01-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Knitting_Guy,

I have to tell you, I love :muah: that you are a trucker and you knit!!! I am not only addicted to knitting, but I am also addicted to this forum :teehee: . When I talk about this forum to other people (and I often do) I mention you, and your adventures in knitting, because lets face it, knitting is an adventure.

My co-workers have started lurking on the site, to see your posts, and all of the guys I know are now more interested in knitting because "if a trucker does it, then it can't be that bad" :teehee: In fact I've even had one of my guy friend 'break down' and wants to learn to knit.

No kidding? Seriously?

Tell your friends that knitting is definitely not just a "girl" thing. I know a couple of guys in the military who also knit, as well as there being other truckers out there who do as well.

A man should never be afraid of doing something he is interesting in doing just because he's afraid of what someone else might think.

letah75
01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
No kidding? Seriously?

Tell your friends that knitting is definitely not just a "girl" thing.

:teehee: Now see I know that and all on this forum know that, we just have to educate the rest of the world. :rofl:

Braden
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Looks good. Is that 2x2 (knit 2, Purl 2) ribbing?

Knitting_Guy
01-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Looks good. Is that 2x2 (knit 2, Purl 2) ribbing?

Thanks. It's supposed to be 2x2 ribbing. I don't think there is a name for whatever it actually is. :rofl:

DotMom61
01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Way to go, Mason! I think it looks fantastic. If anyone questions that "one row," just tell them it's a Design Feature you wanted to try out. ;-)

Yvonne
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Whatever you do, don't rip it out. Keep it like you said, to show yourself the progress you've made and all you've learned.
I think your next project should be a never-ending scarf to show yourself the progress of learning new stitch patterns, color changes, you name it.

Also, I love to see this pink/red scarf on the needles laid across that big truck steering wheel. It's so great that you knit. I would wonder if you've noticed yourself becoming a less tense or more mellow driver now that you're a knitter? It's kind of meditative, and I would think that mood would leak over into the driving time.

stitchwitch
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey my first scarf was all garter stitch! I think it looks great!!! I'd wear it!!

ecb
01-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Mason
when I started knitting it was becasue I was Driving all over creation
and having LONG waits in between driving times
and it was portable, and satisfying, and productive
now I drive a lot less, and knit a LOT more

ecb

lauraknits
01-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Excellent job, Mason!! Your progress is inspiring. BE PROUD!

landolphe
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Way to go, Mason!

Your scarf looks great. :cheering:

Skyrimir
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
It looks amazing compared to my first scarf! And mine was all plain garter stitch too.

Excellent job sir. :P

msoebel
01-31-2007, 11:02 AM
At least you figured out that you should make your scarf in anything BUT stockinette...it took me my first TWO scarves to figure that out (And oh, how I hate those little rolling, tubey things!).

I think your scarf is great...the nice thing about scarves is that they don't have to be perfect to be cozy. And think of it this way...there will be no doubt that you didn't just pick one up at the Gap...No, a man of your sophisticated tastes must have hand-made items.

Seriously...it's looking good!

Misty

P.S.
I kind of like your drunk knitting!