PDA

View Full Version : hello from Zurich :)

hellokitty165
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi all !

I am in Zurich, Switzerland now it snowing and not too cold though... this morning i bought a Addi-Turbo size 8 length 32" for guess how much

only US$7 !!! in US it about 14.95 ... too bad the owner left only size 8 i might buy another pair tomorrow since i use alot of size 8 on my lace knitting....

i just finished my DH's sock ...it knitted in alpaca and merino mix i think...cannot find the tag for the yarn...

i had not post my finished pieces here for a long time...hope everybody is doing fine...

here in Zurich is really expensive...i think this is the most expensive city i had ever been ... our US Kellog cornflakes cost around US$5 .... their mac-Donalds salad it about twice our price at home...golly .....

and their ice-cream is less than half of our amount and double price as usual.... your money go quick here ...thank god for one thing the yarn here are reasonable ...so i am happie on that .. :happydance:

grocery shopping here is $100 spent and you don't get much at all ... but one thing for sure is that Switzerland is beautiful ...we took the Glacier express train going around Switzerland it so beautiful !!! we went up to Zermatt and St. Moris (had alot of riches people around the world here) we spent our night at one of the chinese restaurant and we ordered 2 plates of fried rice and 2 vegges ...one small evian water ...and it US$60 !!! lol.... the people here in St.Moris are so snobbish.... alot of french here ...

well i am off knitting .... we are heading to Milan, Italy taking the train this weekend....so it would be fun .... will keep u posted then ...have a great day !

Heather Bassole
01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Hello, well the snow is finally here and very pretty. I am a beginner knitter and am searching for yarn shops in Zurich. I live in Gockhausen and have found a shop in Dubendorf but the yarn is so expensive. I have also found yarn at the COOP City at St Annahof and also the Manor but the selection isn't great. Any other shops in Zurich that I should visit?

mrs desert rain
01-24-2007, 11:54 AM
oh, how i love switzerland! i traveled there by train from verona, italy a few years ago, and the ride was so incredible, skirting through the alps. and i DO remember how expensive everything was. :pout: have fun!!!

Knitting_Guy
01-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Switzerland...that's near New Jersey, right?
:shrug:

Just kidding. That's one of the things that I love about the internet; being able to communicate with people from all over the world.

Glad you got a good deal on the turbos.

hellokitty165
01-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello, well the snow is finally here and very pretty. I am a beginner knitter and am searching for yarn shops in Zurich. I live in Gockhausen and have found a shop in Dubendorf but the yarn is so expensive. I have also found yarn at the COOP City at St Annahof and also the Manor but the selection isn't great. Any other shops in Zurich that I should visit?

Hi

Go to Bahnoff (Zurich HB Downtown) Coop city ...there is two there got alot of sales and alot of needles and selection...i went last weekend...

hellokitty165
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM

I am in Oerlikon...there is a store named...Passap...and coop city too...hit all the coop city and check their yarns out ....have a great day

Jan in CA
01-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Are you on vacation or did you move there?

It's always fun to hear about other places!

HamburgKnitter
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Switzerland is a very expensive country - but beautiful!

And enjoy Milano - I was there a few years ago. The shopping is amazing.

hellokitty165
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM

My DH had a project here for months so i just tag along so that i can cook for him... :heart:

hellokitty165
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Switzerland is a very expensive country - but beautiful!

And enjoy Milano - I was there a few years ago. The shopping is amazing.

Shopping sounds so good to me :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-24-2007, 04:31 PM

My DH had a project here for months so i just tag along so that i can cook for him... :heart:

Oooooo I wish my DH would have to go somewhere! I mean so I could go too...yeah, that's what I mean. :shifty:

:teehee:

aineepooh1
01-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Well hello our jest setting KH pal~!!
Thanks for checking in to say hi~! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

VickyS456
01-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Good morning from cold and sunny Holland :) I hope you're enjoying the snow. Switzerland is beautiful!

Great deal on the Addis! I got a pair of 9mm Addi Turbos last week for 5,95 euro because they were out of what I ordered and they subsituted with the Addis! :notworthy:

hellokitty165
01-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Good morning from cold and sunny Holland :) I hope you're enjoying the snow. Switzerland is beautiful!

Great deal on the Addis! I got a pair of 9mm Addi Turbos last week for 5,95 euro because they were out of what I ordered and they subsituted with the Addis! :notworthy:

that is so cool ! u got the deal :cheering:

hellokitty165
01-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi ....latest update... I went to Milan, Italy on Saturday and it amazing... my DH and i went to one of the biggest yarn store (four walls fulls of yarn from the bottom till the roof !) and finally i bought a wooden swifter (handmade) cost me only 16 Euros... bought a few corsets too ...all on 20 % sale...boy ...was i happy or what ...i bought some mohair yarns and lots of cotton yarn too ...i am a big fan of cotton yarns... bought some new virgin wool too ... their needles are nothing fancy so i skip that... we went to a pizza place call ok5 pizza ..that is the best pizza i ever had ! We went to the famous DUOMO cathedral church ... it took 400 yrs to built ..it magnificient !

this coming saturday we are heading to Paris, France to see the Effiel tower and Champs-Elysées ...hopefully can hit one yarn store at least...

u all have a great day ...will post some pics once DH are not so busie...

Jan in CA
01-29-2007, 01:17 PM
That sounds like a fabulous weekend! I'm confused about corset though... did you find one in the yarn store? :??

aineepooh1
01-30-2007, 12:56 AM
A YARN STORE WITH FOUR WALLS~!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS~!!
You get to jet set allover Europe~!!! :waah:

hellokitty165
01-30-2007, 09:23 AM
That sounds like a fabulous weekend! I'm confused about corset though... did you find one in the yarn store? :??

sorrie for the confusion ...i bought the lace corset at the fashion boutique... :heart:

hellokitty165
01-30-2007, 09:25 AM
[quote="aineepooh1"]A YARN STORE WITH FOUR WALLS~!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS~!!
You get to jet set allover Europe~!!! :waah:[/quote

My DH happened to get a project here in Switzerland and so we hit the Europe area during the weekend... dun be jealous ...i am burnt out without much sleep and now sick with cough .... all i can say it's all worth it ...

aineepooh1
01-30-2007, 11:39 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
Yay for Europe and Lots of Yarn~!!

hellokitty165
02-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I got really sick and was bed-ridden for 3 full days... aches all over the body ... alot of cough and running nose and high fever for 3 good days...of course this weekend paris trip is cancelled ! now DH is having the same virus now ...ohhh noooooo :grrr: ... we must have got it from our neighbour sitting opposite to us on the train to Milan, Italy last week...she was blowing her nose like an elephant thru out the 3 1/2 hours journey and coughing too ...we never pay much attention to her cos' we are so excited about the trip... we thought she just had an ordinary cold...boy we are so dead wrong !

this virus caused the fever to be really high for 3 days at least and attack your bone ...u cannot sit up for few days just laying on the bed all the times... my nose is running all the times and i used 2 (150 ply tissues per box) boxes in 3 days !!! this virus must be going on cos' my DH went to the pharmary to get me a thermometer ...the lady told him that this is going on thing now in Zurich... it will take about a week to fully recover... gooosh !

i did not get any knitting done at all ... i must have drank tens of gallon of water for the past few days... no mood eating at all...taste bud are all gone for vacation and everything taste blah !

too bad we did not get to paris this time but oh well it just not meant to be... hope next week will be better cos' we might be heading to Davos' with DH co-workers... DH might change his mind and head to Paris instead of Davos.. to me either one is fine....as long as i am with him... the venue is never an issue :heart:

this time i am all loaded with vitamin C !!!! so on the train ride we are all set to go !

how is things going on your side ? tell me about your weekend too !

nadja la claire
02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Jasmine,

It sounds like you guys are having a great, although expensive, time. From Zurich to Milan to Davos. Have I told you lately how lucky you are?

I'm sorry you were sick :hug: I hope you're feeling better. Too bad about Paris but it's cold and gray there at this time of year anyway, wait until June or even September when it's still warm but the tourist are gone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

hellokitty165
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Hi Nadja,

ya we are blessed to be able to travel that much and see the world... sometime is tough but it worth it though...

we are going this weekend to paris ...i just bought the train ticket... so that will be fun...i might try to hit one yarn store at least...

u take care too

hellokitty165
02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all

we finally went to paris on last weekend... we stayed at the hilton Art de Triomphe... we took the friday overnite train (7 hours ride) and got to paris at morning 7 am ...we had b'fast and head on to visit the ARt De Triomphe... we climbed up the 285 steps stair up and see the whole paris ... it was raining and we really worked out our butt by walking so much and climbing those stairs... next we went to the La Droquerie (the paris yarn store) i dun really care for that store at all ... the people there are rude and those yarn there you can get it at most of the place... i bought some needles there (the bambo kind).. sorry but i got to say this ...most of the french i come across in paris last weekend are really snobbish !!!! they are not friendly and seem to be out of patient all the time whether is to ask them about direction or when you say hello to them at the lift ...they just treat you like you are transparent and say nothing !!!!

oh well... that is my experience in paris... i do not mean to offend any french here ... we went to the effiel tower next and it was so windy and on the top was so scary... cos there is so many tourist and the top seems to be shaking a bit and we were abit terrified... lol... but we had to be there at least once in our life time... it beautiful up there and alot of children running around ...

then sunday we went to the queen flea market and oh boy is that the bigggest or what ... it went on and on rows and rows of store there..we had the crepes and it was so yummy... then the rain came and guess what we were running to the metro heading back to the hotel and hails was coming down hard on us ...we were running and laughing so hard about the weather ...that was so funny ! by the way i prefer to shop in Milan than Paris..

okie got to go ...