PDA

View Full Version : eBay blunder

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 12:00 AM
So I'm a total jerk now when it comes to buying stuff on ebay in a fit of excitement. Somehow I managed to win auctions on TWO Namaste Jetsetter bags. ummm, yea... I only need one. I can only afford one. I sent a message to the seller as soon as I realized my error asking to retract the bid. She sent me an invoice for both purses but still hasn't respond to my msgs! :wall: I want to know what she is willing to do! I want my pretty new knitting bag... Wahhhh!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-26-2007, 12:01 AM
what's the item number?? maybe she'll let one of us take it off her hands?

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 12:14 AM
The item number for the one I wanted and bid on first is: 120076407706 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&viewitem=&item=120076407706&rd=1&rd=1

I thought I lost the auction because the amount appeared in red, so I scurried over to the next auction that was ending in less than a minute to try and win the other. and I won both. :doh:

This other one I won. tem number: 120076408223 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&viewitem=&item=120076408223&rd=1&rd=1

The only dilemma I have now is if I have to pay for both, which color would I actually keep?? :teehee:

madametj
01-26-2007, 12:19 AM
:psst: keep the brown one

:teehee:

janelanespaintbrush
01-26-2007, 12:25 AM
I vote for the brown one too. ;) As for the extra bag, the seller should be able to make a second chance offer (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html) to the next highest bidder.

SabrinaJL
01-26-2007, 01:35 AM
A few days ago I bid on 2 auctions, because I figured I'd only get one. I got both of them. Ooops. I knew it was a possibility so I made sure there were no duplicate books in the lots (it was 2 different lots of Terry Pratchett books). My husband read a book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and asked me to pick him up a couple of Pratchett books. I got him 15. He'll be busy for a while. :teehee:

I personally like the black bag.

HamburgKnitter
01-26-2007, 07:42 AM
There was another bidder on the black one that actually bid as much as you did - but you were obviously faster. So maybe you can contact that bidder and ask her if she would take it off your hands? She was willing to pay the same amount, so the seller wouldn't be losing a penny on the deal.

Good luck! Ebay is great but can be a pain sometimes too.

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
I think I'm going to keep the brown one too. It's also the cheaper of the two! :teehee:

I contacted the seller again. Hopefully she gets back to me soon!

Stiney
01-26-2007, 10:43 AM
A few days ago I bid on 2 auctions, because I figured I'd only get one. I got both of them. Ooops. I knew it was a possibility so I made sure there were no duplicate books in the lots (it was 2 different lots of Terry Pratchett books). My husband read a book by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett and asked me to pick him up a couple of Pratchett books. I got him 15. He'll be busy for a while. :teehee:

I personally like the black bag.

I loooove Good Omens! And everything by Neil Gaiman. And everything by Terry Pratchett. Your DH has good taste! (Well, he picked you, didn't he?) :thumbsup:

CarmenIbanez
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I love ebay. This same thing is how I ended up with a bunch of styrofoam heads. Don't ask.

spinnknit
01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
ummmm.........

Styrofoam....... heads?

You planning on making reenactor hats?

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
I was actually looking at styrofoam heads on ebay today! :teehee: I didn't bid on any however. I want to let this ebay storm calm first! Still no answer from the seller (it's been 3 days since my first msg) so I'll wait until tomorrow. If there's no answer then I guess if will have to cough up the money for both and resell one. :shrug:

Sara
01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I have a brown Namaste bag. It's beautiful! :heart:

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, the seller said the Second Chance Offer is only available once I've paid? :shrug: So now I have to cough up the money and hope I can find someone to buy it.

So, uhhh.... anyone interested in a new Namaste Jetsetter bag in black? :teehee:

letah75
01-26-2007, 05:48 PM
I loooove Good Omens! :thumbsup:

OMGosh, I just finished that book last night!!!! I loved it!

VictoiseC
01-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Geez, you're buying one bag isn't that enough for the seller? What if you just don't pay? It couldn't be that big of a black mark. Usually sellers are more understanding, I've had that.

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 07:18 PM
you would think it would be enough! ugh. I just don't want her filing a claim or whatever trying to get the money anyways. Such a huge pain!!

Mommy22alyns
01-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Those are so cute!! What do they hold, needles and one skein of yarn? Hmmmm... :teehee: I love bags.

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I think they hold a lot. My friend has one and she fits multiple projects in hers. Usually a sweater and a shawl it seems. I bought it because I needed something bigger than my Lexie Barnes Flo bag!

XbelovedXoneX
01-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, the black bag is up for sale now: Check It Out! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25371)

aylaanne
01-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I would LOVE that black bag. I posted on the sale thread.

SabrinaJL
01-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I loooove Good Omens! And everything by Neil Gaiman. And everything by Terry Pratchett. Your DH has good taste! (Well, he picked you, didn't he?) :thumbsup:

I've been a Neil Gaiman fan since I read the Sandman series. Not so much for Terry Pratchett. A friend of mine loved him and was going on about his books so I picked some up from the library and just couldn't get into them.

I was dropping DH off at the airport last month (he's going to be deployed soon so me and DD are staying with my family). He's NOT a reader. Only reads maybe one book a year. But I decided to pick up 2 copies of the same book at one of the airport gift shops. That way we could read it together and talk about it over the phone. When I saw the Neil Gaiman book, that was the one I had to pick. DH read it quicker than I did. That really shocked us both. So I figured since he was so into it, I would try to encourage his reading. I think 15 books should be enough encouragement.

Now if only he'd let me teach him to knit. :teehee:

Stiney
01-27-2007, 11:56 AM

I've been a Neil Gaiman fan since I read the Sandman series. Not so much for Terry Pratchett. A friend of mine loved him and was going on about his books so I picked some up from the library and just couldn't get into them.

I was dropping DH off at the airport last month (he's going to be deployed soon so me and DD are staying with my family). He's NOT a reader. Only reads maybe one book a year. But I decided to pick up 2 copies of the same book at one of the airport gift shops. That way we could read it together and talk about it over the phone. When I saw the Neil Gaiman book, that was the one I had to pick. DH read it quicker than I did. That really shocked us both. So I figured since he was so into it, I would try to encourage his reading. I think 15 books should be enough encouragement.

Now if only he'd let me teach him to knit. :teehee:

:teehee: I like Terry Pratchett because he's funny. And I love how he pokes fun at modern society. He lampoons affirmative action by making the Ankh-Morpork Watch hire a dwarf, a troll, and a woman. It's wonderful. But it's not for everyone.

I also love Neil Gaiman, so Good Omens was just wonderful for me. I have all but one of the Sandman trades, and I got the Absolute Sandman vol 1 this past fall. :happydance: It's so beautiful. I have almost all his books, but I haven't picked up Fragile Things yet (his new short story collection.) I lent the last one, Smoke & Mirrors out to a camp friend from England, who took it with him at the end of camp on a road-trip of the US, then gave it to another camp friend, from Australia, who was on the road-trip with him. Then she came up to visit me at school in Boston after and returned it to me. They both loved it, and my copy has been to more states than I have. :rofl: