PDA

View Full Version : Death By Yarn Sale

DonnaS
01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Ok Michaels is having a $1 sale here... Not sure how long the sale will go on, but I'm waiting and watching to pounce on the Moda Dea Dream which is still at half price.. hmm.. if it's still there next week i'm going to call the manager and offer to buy it all if she'll drop it to $1 a roll as well :happydance:

After several trips to grab a few rolls here and there, and a final trip last night for 50 more rolls... final inventory this morning.. and I"m sure there's another bag around here somewhere LOL :??

23 Rolls - Bernat Matrix - $5.99
16 Rolls - Moda Dea Chichi - $8.99
17 Rolls - Moda Dea Prima - $10.99
11 Rolls - Moda Dea Kikx - $10.99
6 Rolls - Thick & Jiffy (for scarves) - $6.49

and 6 rolls of Fancy Fur just for fun but wasn't sure how much the retail was on those, so without those counted... *drumroll* the total tally unless I'm way way off base is $628.27 total Retail price that I got for $73!! :cheering:

Omigosh.. this is almost better than chocolate!!!! :heart:

*scurries off to hide the stash before hubby gets up... :rofl: *

auburnchick
01-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh my gosh! :zombie: You are going to be knitting forever!!!

Wow! :passedout:

dustinac
01-26-2007, 11:45 AM
:cheering: You did good!!! You should show dh and then show him what it would have cost... :thud: I'm kinda glad we don't have a Michaels close by during this sale... :rofl: :roflhard:

bip
01-26-2007, 12:11 PM
You are so cruel! I knew nothing about this, but I just checked the website and now my skin is crawling to get to Michaels!!! I have always wanted to make something out of Brilliant, and one can never have too much Fun Fur or Matrix on hand.

I wonder if my boss would believe that I am suddenly ill and have to go home, lol.

Oh, and I'm supposed to be a stashie too. Look away girls, I am going to do something I'm not proud of :)

CarmenIbanez
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your post was, "not such a bad way to go, really."

bailsmom
01-26-2007, 02:46 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw the title of your post was, "not such a bad way to go, really."

:roflhard: :roflhard:

DonnaS
01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
You are so cruel! I knew nothing about this, but I just checked the website and now my skin is crawling to get to Michaels!!! I have always wanted to make something out of Brilliant, and one can never have too much Fun Fur or Matrix on hand.

I wonder if my boss would believe that I am suddenly ill and have to go home, lol.

Oh, and I'm supposed to be a stashie too. Look away girls, I am going to do something I'm not proud of :)

hahaha!!! I know I've completely blown my yarn budget for this month.. BUT.. when you consider my check from Michaels for classes was $60... and I used that plus a little for yarn.. and the yarn retailed at over $600... then wouldn't it be rational to summarize that I got paid over $600 for about 6 hours work at Michaels? :rofl:

THERE! I knew I could make it make sense if I thunk hard enough about it! :eyebrow:

I agree!! :roflhard: Course suffocation when it all falls over on top of me might be another subject :teehee: I need to get it all together and take a pic .. it's a good big of yarn for sure :heart:

jjminarcik
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
You got a great deal!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Mama Bear
01-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Great deal!

My husband did a post office run yesterday and there were umm... *cough* a few boxes waiting for me.

Since I bought all the yarn for about half what it sells for on ebay, I figure it's and INVESTMENT... right?

Enjoy!

Mama Bear

aineepooh1
01-27-2007, 09:00 PM
YARNGASM~!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

DonnaS
01-27-2007, 11:24 PM
YARNGASM~!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

*spews drink and falls off of couch laughing*
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :eyebrow: