PDA

View Full Version : My first REAL finished project ~ X'mas hot pad :)

Aquaria
01-28-2007, 01:57 AM
This is what I did for Christmas last year, and it is also one of my first finished project since I began to knit. :D I'm totally a newbie, so please if anybody have any suggestions or comments, be my guest, feel free to post it! Thanks a billion :notworthy: (I think I still have to work on the edges)

I had a limited amount of yarn colour and selection cuz that was all my mom could get me from a second hand store, but I am still happy :cheering:

This is done in double knitting. Special thanks to Amy for her awsome videos! :heart: Even though I've invented the pattern by myself, I couldn't have done this without the videos! :hug:

MiaZilla
01-28-2007, 01:59 AM
That is adorable :) Maybe you could even post the pattern, I'm sure other would love to knitt that cute lill tree :hug:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
01-28-2007, 02:13 AM
love it!!!

Aquaria
01-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Wow thanks guys :heart: Now I'm all excited to start a new project :hug:

Here is the pattern I drew :) , for anybody who might just want to take a look.

Jan in CA
01-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Great job on it!

sara_jayne
01-28-2007, 10:20 AM
What a great idea! It looks wonderful!

Belphoebe
01-28-2007, 12:14 PM
Very pretty! :cheering:

madametj
01-28-2007, 03:35 PM
ooh, how did you make the little graph-thingy. i've been trying to make one, w/ no success :doh:

Aquaria
01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
ooh, how did you make the little graph-thingy. i've been trying to make one, w/ no success :doh:

I drew this pattern in mspaint.exe, yes, that means the common drawing program that almost every computer has :teehee: I just drew the graph first and then use the bucket icon thing to put colours in square by square, unless it's a big area of the same colour then I'll use another quicker way just to save time :)

It was not too complicated, just takes a little time, I know you can do it too! :heart: :cheering:

SandraEllen
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I love it! The colors are right up my alley too!

madametj
01-29-2007, 09:02 PM

I drew this pattern in mspaint.exe, yes, that means the common drawing program that almost every computer has :teehee: I just drew the graph first and then use the bucket icon thing to put colours in square by square, unless it's a big area of the same colour then I'll use another quicker way just to save time :)

It was not too complicated, just takes a little time, I know you can do it too! :heart: :cheering:

:?? but how'd u get all the squares so perfect??

Aquaria
01-30-2007, 01:39 AM

:?? but how'd u get all the squares so perfect??

Actually it is much simpler than u might have thought :teehee:
First I drew a single square, and then I just keep on copying a pasting it until I've got enough squares for my pattern, and that's it! :)

SandraEllen
01-30-2007, 09:00 AM
you could always try using excel for making the pattern too. the grid lines are already there. you just have to hilight the cells and color them.