PDA

View Full Version : My First FO - a sock

knitpeachy
01-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok, so maybe it's not a true FO because it's not a pair but I couldn't be more proud of my little sock. I was following the pattern I found at http://www.royea.net/sock.html because it made socks seem not so intimidating.

It's too short, cuz I got impatient but I current have another sock in the works that I'm taking my time to do every single row. This next one is a k3p1 ribbing that is looking very nice.

The yarn is some $1 acrylic I found to learn with. I'm using metal 3mm dpns (I think, can't find my needle gauge at the moment). My main issue is to not knit too tightly where I lose all sproing.

Can't wait to finish this next test sock cuz I bought some yummy wool-blend to do some socks for DH :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Excellent! It looks great! :cheering:

callmesusan
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
WTG on the sock! It looks soft. :cheering:

losnana
01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
It looks FANTASTIC. Very impressive, especially for your first sock. Mine looked quite wonky-wobbly.

HamaLee
01-28-2007, 06:24 PM
That's awesome! :cheering:

knitpeachy
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks!!! You folks are awesome. Thanks for all the really nice compliments on my little sock....it definitely boosts my energy into finishing it's cousin (a little too different to be called a pair lol)

woo hoo!!!....off to knit some more! y'all rock! :cheering:

knitpeachy
01-28-2007, 10:56 PM
:cheering: Here's the first sock's cousin....the k3p1 done to the correct size. :happydance:

I had to model this one....for practice socks it's not too shabby. I've gotten much better at my grafting/kitchener stitch too! Now I get to do a matching pair in my pretty blue wool blend.

I can't wait to get some really fancy sock yarn....I LOVE SOCKS! :muah:

sara_jayne
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Both of them looks wonderful!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Socks are SO fun to knit (very addicting! :teehee: )

sara_jayne
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Wonderful job!!!