PDA

View Full Version : FO: Cabled Footies

jdee
02-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I just finished making myself a pair of the Cabled Footies from the book, "One Skein." They're a little too big, I guess because I used chunky, instead of worsted weight yarn, but they're sooooo warm.

Mariblue
02-03-2007, 01:05 AM
I really like those! :heart: the color too. What's the yarn?
I've been wondering about that book, do you like it?
Oh, you're cats are cuties. The black one looks exactly like a cat I used to have... brings back memories!
Mariblue

jdee
02-03-2007, 01:14 AM
It's just some Woolease Chunky weight, from Lion Brand. I like it because it's inexpensive, and machine washable. :teehee:

Yes, I LOVE "One Skein." I just have to warn you that it took a little more than one skein of this particular yarn. I guess because there is less yardage in a skein of chunky.

My cats thank you for your compliment. The longhaired black cat's name is Fuzzy. He was a stray, so he sometimes is easily spooked, but when he gets comfortable with someone, he's very sweet. Munroe, also a stray, is the gray and white one in the picture with him, and Merlin is the one in the first picture. We got him at the shelter.

Yes, I'm a big softie.

Edited, because I forgot to tell you that the color of the socks is called "willow"

Jillle
02-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Your socks look sooo cozy! Great job. :cheering:

sara_jayne
02-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Those do look super warm! Great job!

Jeep_Girl
02-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Those look great! And the kitties are cute too~

auburnchick
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Love the color and the pattern! B-eautiful!! :heart:

becjo
02-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I have that book also and I think they are made not to really be socks to wear but more of slipper socks - if I'm remembering right. I do love that book though! I think they looks beautiful and definately cozy!

becjo
02-05-2007, 03:33 PM
I have that book also and I think they are made not to really be socks to wear but more of slipper socks - if I'm remembering right. I do love that book though! I think they looks beautiful and definately cozy!

jdee
02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
That's why I used the chunky yarn. I wanted some house socks to keep my feet warm at night. They work really well for that. :happydance:

IrishKnitter
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Those are gorgeous!!! I :heart: :heart: anything cabled. So pretty!!

Cristy
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
great socks--I have that book and have been thinking about making those....

jdee
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
great socks--I have that book and have been thinking about making those....

They're easy. Much easier than I first thought they'd be. You should go for it. :D