PDA

View Full Version : Fair Isle Skull hat and a couple WIP's

lauraknits
02-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, Here is the skull hat I have been working on for my husband. I "designed" it myself. Hardly designing, I hijacked the skull design from the let there be pirates hat. Anyway, I never knit with sport weight on size 2's before and i started my decreases too early. The hat is too short! I think I will have to frog back and make it longer. Anyone ever frogged frog tree alpaca before! It kind of felts up as you go, not sure if I will be able to get it apart and get ALL 128 STITCHES on a needle!

The other photos are of a sweater with sleeves that just keep not getting longer (knitting pure & simple pattern in KP Shine) and the beginning of Eris which I think is totally cool, in Karabella Aurora 8.

loveswildflowers
02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
That hat is so cool! And your other works in progress look great too! Wonderful work! :cheering:

debstein
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow, love the hat, very cool! And the sweater! :cheering: :cheering:

What is Eris going to be? The cables look gorgeous.

lauraknits
02-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks so much!

Eris is a sweater, found here:
http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/shop/index.php

I am making the pullover but might try the cardigan after if the pullover goes okay and I am not too afraid of a zipper!

There is a KAL, but unfortunately not a lot of participation. I may be the only one who has started, not sure.

aineepooh1
02-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Awesome~!! :notworthy:

Cristy
02-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Laura those are all very very awesome!!!

Emeraldcutie
02-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey Laura

Iam still knitting Eris, I thought the thread had died too.

Iam working on the body and its going very slow, just miles and miles of grey wool..lol

lauraknits
02-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh good, someone is still doing Eris! I am loving the cables and really proud of myself that I can actually do it! I have made some mistakes but I don't think they show too much - some of my make 1's left little holes as I think I forgot which loop to purl into. I am learning a ton from this project for sure.

I am dreading the miles of stockinette a little, too!

Emeraldcutie
02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
I really got through the cable fast, Then picked up the body. Be sure to mark those stiches it calls for with a good secure saftey pin or something, cause you really need them during the body part, I learned the hard way when my plastic split circle marker fell out....ugh..

Skyrimir
02-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I love the red sweater. What pattern did you use for it?

Jaxhil
02-09-2007, 02:42 PM
That hat is totally cool :heart: and the sweaters look really nice-where did you get the pattern for the blue one?

lauraknits
02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks!

The red sweater is a knitting pure and simple pattern - Pattern #257 at the bottom of this page:

http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/page2.html

The blue one is called eris and the link is in the thread above, girlfromauntie.com