PDA

View Full Version : FO: Basic Stockinette Hat

IrishKnitter
02-08-2007, 01:27 AM
I posted this in the February KAL thread because it just so happens to be purple :teehee: (which is my FAVORITE color), but I thought I'd post it here too.

This is the first hat I've ever attempted. I started on circular needles, and I'll be switching to DPNs eventually. I'm hoping that it turns out so I can at least wear it! I'm praying it actually fits. :pray:

Jillle
02-08-2007, 01:52 AM
It looks great! I'm sure it will fit, ribbing is very forgiving. Hats are one of my favorite things to knit. You'll be hooked on knitting in the round! If you watch Amy's videos on dpn's you'll be fine! :cheering:

DreamWeaver
02-08-2007, 02:57 AM
Those colors are amazing! Don't worry, I'm sure it's going to fit perfectly :thumbsup:

aineepooh1
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Looks Good~!! I am going to keep up with your post~~ b/c I have made SEVERAL garter stitch hats and sewn together the CO and BO edges.. I like them but they can leave an ugly, bulky seam.. :zombie:

I am going to be watching you progress on this one!~ :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Cristy
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
It looks great so far--make sure to let us see the finished product!!

IrishKnitter
02-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Last night I switched my hat from circular needles to my double pointed needles. I've never used DPNs before, so after I got all the stitches onto the DPNs, I let out a huge breath I didn't even realize I'd been holding! It's a small accomplishment, but an exciting one for me. :)

Jillle
02-10-2007, 12:08 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay!
I know what you mean. The first time I used DPN's I felt like I was walking on the moon for the first time. :teehee: When I first started knitting, I thought "I could never knit in the round", then "I could never use dpn's", then "I could never do fair isle". It really is a great feeling when you learn a new skill!

IrishKnitter
02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Whoops, I forgot to post the picture! It's actually starting to look like a hat now. :cheering: Thanks, Jillie! Maybe I'll try fair isle next... :teehee:

Ronda
02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
:cheering:

Jenelle
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
That is some gorgeous yarn! :inlove:

What is it? :teehee:

IrishKnitter
02-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks Jenelle! It's Malabrigo Chunky in Indigo. Malabrigo is on the expensive side, but I'm this far from just part of one skein! I'm all about small projects in Malabrigo. :)

P.S. This is my 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

Rennagayle
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
The hat is beautiful. Myself, I abhor seaming, so I was thrilled to conquer dpn's. No more seaming hats! :cheering:

rorygilmore
02-10-2007, 09:20 PM
You are doing an awesome job! I was scared of db pointed needles at first too but you get used to them! The yarn is so beautiful! :cheering:

IrishKnitter
02-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Okay, I've really been giving everyone the play-by-play on this FO! :oops: I think I'm just so excited to have figured out a new knitting skill (DPNs) between my own guessing, Amy's videos, and ALL the help on the How-To? Forum!! Thanks all!!

Now I'm inspired to try something else new...fair isle? cables? socks? THe list is endless...*Sigh* It's too bad that work keeps getting in the way of all my fun. :teehee:

cds11
02-11-2007, 04:35 AM
That looks really nice! Good job! I love seeing all these projects coming out so well.. it just shows me what I have to look forward to as I get better.

Trilby
02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I just knit a hat for my daughter with blue yarn that looks just like yours. It was from Chile I believe. The hat is a floppy beret and I'm so pleased with it. It's only my second hat. I am going to take a picture and post it, as soon as I find my camera.

momwolf
02-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep on knitting :X:

Birdy
02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Way 2 Go!

I think it is going to feel soo much warmer because you made it :)

[the catch is to keep from getting a swelled head, :teehee: JK :hug:]