PDA

View Full Version : FO - Another My So Called Scarf, in same color!

CindyH
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello hello!

Here's another MSCS (http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/archives/000079.html) in the same color as the original pattern. What a coincidence that someone posted the same FO in the same colorway yesterday!

Anyhow, I loved the colorway in the pattern. What was a total bummer though, was that one of the hanks I got had a lot more green in it, and not much of the burgundy-ish color. I ended up alternating yarn from the 2 balls.

I love how this pattern shows off multiple colors! I'm tempted to do this scarf in Malabrigo again (first MSCS was in Malabrigo Little Lovely and gifted), but that might be a little bit overkill.

Jan in CA
02-08-2007, 02:34 PM
It's beautiful!

loveswildflowers
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Very nice! Love the yarn and the stitch work on that scarf.

landolphe
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Beautiful colors!

Great job, chere. :cheering:

Lando

Jaxhil
02-08-2007, 03:50 PM
That is *GORGEOUS*!! Is it a hard stitch to do? I have some brooks farm yarn I bought at a yarn festival last fall that would be perfect for this, I think.

CindyH
02-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Thank you! :muah:

Hilary, I found the stitch pretty easy to do, although I did forget to knit into the back after a psso once. I think after you get a few inches in, the motions get committed to memory. Give it a try!

Skyrimir
02-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I love this scarf pattern! Yours looks great. I have been wanting to try it for awhile, but I dont understand the instructions.

Row 1 I kind of get, but row 2 I don't understand at all!

*P2tog, do not slip stitches off the needle, purl the first stitch again, slip both stitches off needle*

How is that possible?

Andrea
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I love it, Cindy!!!!!!!!!!!1 I need that yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 :cheering:

CindyH
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok, let me see if I can explain this through words...

(I'm explaining this under the assumption that you're an English knitter, even though I'm a conti knitter, so excuse me if it sounds awkward!)

So when you do normal knit and purl stitches, it's kind of 2 steps, step 1 being wrapping the yarn around the needle, and step 2 being bringing the yarn under and "transferring" the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right needle. So you do the 2nd purl before you transfer the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right.

So you'll be sticking the right needle into 2 stitches on the left needle, purling them together; and with the 2 stitches you just purled together still on the left needle, you purl into just the first stitch.

To put it another way, you're doing an incomplete p2tog, and doing a regular purl into the first stitch.

I hope this isn't too confusing!

Mama Bear
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Love the colors and the stitch!

Mama Bear

Cristy
02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
beautiful!!!! One of these days I'm going to get around to that scarf...

Chrissie
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
:thud: :heart: :heart:

that is SO beautiful......must get some Manos and cast on immediately.....

Jaxhil
02-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the explanation, very helpful! I will have to try this...but I have 3 scarves on the needles already-maybe I should finish them first? :shrug: :?? Maybe not :teehee:

merryknitter
02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi Cindy,
I'm a new knitter...and was wondering if the Manos del Uruguay is soft? Sorry for the dumb question! I love the colors! I'd like one for myself!
Thanks,
Merry

CindyH
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone!

Merry, I would say that the yarn is in the middle of the softness spectrum. As I said in the other My So Called Scarf post, I would say it's not as soft as Malabrigo (100% merino), but it's not as rough as Noro Kureyon (some sort of crunchy, irritating wool). :ick:

I'm ok with wearing the Manos next to my skin, but if you're hyposensitive, you might want to try something a little bit softer.

jamadian75
02-08-2007, 11:32 PM
:heart: :heart:

And I really like the way that first picture is modeled - you go girl!

Ingrid
02-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Those colors are wonderful!!

I'm working on my third one of these, and an easier way to do the first row is to k1 *sl, k1, yo, psso the k and the yo* to last stitch, k1.

It's easier to get a good rhythm going, I think, and it's the exact same result.

wends
02-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Beautiful! It's funny because I'm making one with those exact colours lol.

Skyrimir
02-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, let me see if I can explain this through words...

(I'm explaining this under the assumption that you're an English knitter, even though I'm a conti knitter, so excuse me if it sounds awkward!)

So when you do normal knit and purl stitches, it's kind of 2 steps, step 1 being wrapping the yarn around the needle, and step 2 being bringing the yarn under and "transferring" the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right needle. So you do the 2nd purl before you transfer the knit-into stitch from the left needle to the right.

So you'll be sticking the right needle into 2 stitches on the left needle, purling them together; and with the 2 stitches you just purled together still on the left needle, you purl into just the first stitch.

To put it another way, you're doing an incomplete p2tog, and doing a regular purl into the first stitch.

I hope this isn't too confusing!

Its starting to make more sense. Thanks!

aineepooh1
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
it's beautiful~!! I love the multiple colors in there~! :cheering: