PDA

View Full Version : Finally done!!!

phisch
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/152/384214339_05e7c00a0a.jpg

Details: knit in the smallest size with the yarn and needle size the pattern calls for (Classic Elite Classic Silk, size 6 needles). The pattern is from Knitscene Spring 2006. I only changed the pattern when I added garter rows at the neckline in the back to better match the front.

The knitty gritty: I loved the yarn when it was wrapped in neat little balls. Knitting with it was ok but it's not very sproingy so my ribbing isn't as nice and neat as I'd like. Who cares though because the back, where it shows problems, is fine.

My only complaint: the single crochet along the neck line caused it to stretch. I have no idea how. It stretched so much that I couldn't wear it at all because it completely flopped open in the front and back. I fixed it by inserting a bit of yarn behind the single crochet stitches then pulling it taut and then making sure it stayed firmly fastened on the right and left. It worked fine for a while but the one in the back has broken on me twice. I will have to replace it because it's not wearable if it's not pulled tight in the back as well as the front. I have no idea what I'll replace it with though since the yarn isnt' strong enough.

I was wrong to worry about this being too small because the opposite is certainly true!

EFIT: Fixed picture. I finally figured out the URL. Sorry about that!

Jan in CA
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Can you you post a photo so we don't have to log in or click a link?

Jeep_Girl
02-09-2007, 11:52 AM
It looks great! I hope you can fix it to wear soon!

aineepooh1
02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
I like it~! I like the ribibing is it K2P2.. it is very pretty.. ~!

hunterjenn
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Have you thought about elastic instead of yarn for your fix? They have elastic that is a tiny little round tube, about the same width as DK weight yarn...if you can find a good way to secure it, it definitely won't break!

Ooh--or grosgrain ribbon. It would be easier to sew in, and you can color-match it.

phisch
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I did think of elastic, but I haven't found a blue version that would work. Maybe white would work? I'd have to see if Joann's has it.

Cristy
02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
That looks great!!!

callmesusan
02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
very cute!

Mystery_Gyrl
02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Hi phisch:
The top looks lovely, the color works well with the pattern. I really like the "ruching" done at the top and on the sleeves. Maybe you could try some elastic thread along the back. I hope you are able to fix it.
Katrina

phisch
02-11-2007, 12:26 AM
aineepooh1: the ribbing is k3p1.

Thanks for the elastic idea. I'm thinking I'll look for some this weekend.

lestrella
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
It looks awesome! I love it!! :cheering: :cheering:

momwolf
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!That is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!NICE JOB :yay: