PDA

View Full Version : FO: Tubey! --- My FIRST Sweater!! EDIT: (fixed the pics)

Krystal
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My sweater is FINALLY done!

Pattern: Tubey (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtubey.html) in medium size. (I wear an XL store clothes... it runs a bit big)

Yarn: 3.1 balls of Red Heart Soft Touch in colour 4603 A nice dusty - country blue

I had purchased a total of 5 balls of yarn, since the pattern called for 12 balls of Debbie Bliss. I only ended up using 3 full balls and knitted the last inch (barely) with the 4th ball. I was hoping to skip the 4th, but it was just the one inch too short... So now I have pretty much 2 full balls for my stash!

I loved this pattern. A really easy quick knit with lots of room for individuality. My only changes were the sleeves, and the solid colour. It fits like a dream, and the back didn't bunch up... Tho the ribbing and the light colour tends to show off any back fat rolls pretty well... but I can deal. Anyhoo... time for some pics!!

edit:
my host seems to be down all of a sudden... boo. I will upload the pics!

gimmesanity
02-10-2007, 11:36 PM
That sweater looks so perfect on you!
I love what you did with the sleeves, too. Very cool!
:cheering: :cheering:

DreamWeaver
02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Great job, it looks amazing! :cheering:

auburnchick
02-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Love the color! Great job! :cheering:

candicane
02-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Beautiful! I made a Tubey last year and am not wild about the sleeves on mine. I like yours much better!

candice

Ronda
02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
:cheering:

lestrella
02-11-2007, 11:20 AM
I love it!! Excellent job! :cheering: :cheering:

landolphe
02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Beautiful!

Great job, Krystal. :cheering:

Landolphe

YouCantBuyThisMovement
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Very nice you look so pretty in it. I have not finished my tubey lol I got angry at it and it hit the back of the pile but yours looks so good I may get mine back out and try to finish it.

you have created perfection babe!

Lazy_Susan
02-11-2007, 12:18 PM
Your sweater looks great!! I'm beginning my very first sweater. I hope it turns out as nicely as yours did :)

Lazy_Susan

Krystal
02-11-2007, 12:49 PM
:heart: :heart: Thanks for the wonderful comments!!

Beautiful! I made a Tubey last year and am not wild about the sleeves on mine. I like yours much better!

candice

Did you make the original sleeves that rolled? I didn't like the idea of the sleeves rolling, so I planned to do the ribbed cuff instead... but then I got so anxious to get the shrug part done, I just stopped at 3/4 length, which I like better anyways. You could always undo the sleeves from the bottom and re knit them to your liking?

Very nice you look so pretty in it. I have not finished my tubey lol I got angry at it and it hit the back of the pile but yours looks so good I may get mine back out and try to finish it.

Ah you must finish it. It's really worth it. How come you got angry with it? I hope you can make peace!! :heart: :heart:

wends
02-11-2007, 01:36 PM
That looks fantastic!! I love the 3/4 length sleeves. :cheering:

Jaxhil
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
:cheering: :muah: Really-you look BEAUTIFUL in your sweater!! Great job! I like your version (one color, shorter sleeves) Much better than the original-I may actually make it now!

You don't mind if I shamelessly copy yours, do you? :teehee:

Arielluria
02-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I think I will too!. Looks much better on someone with a bustline than it did on the model on the link you posted.

Krystal
02-11-2007, 04:16 PM
:cheering: :muah: Really-you look BEAUTIFUL in your sweater!! Great job! I like your version (one color, shorter sleeves) Much better than the original-I may actually make it now!

You don't mind if I shamelessly copy yours, do you? :teehee:

Ahh thank you!! :muah: You must make it and go right ahead and copy mine! My mom wants one in the same colour... just longer sleeves.

[quote=Arielluria]I think I will too!. Looks much better on someo

Agreed! It's a great boob top. makes the girls look their best! I am happy the ribbing didn't stretch too much for me. I saw pics with much much bustier girls (mind you they were much tinier every where else...) and the ribbing stretched alot and showed off the bra underneath. You can only sorta see the red from mine if you are really close to my chest. lol.

:roflhard:

CarmenIbanez
02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
You are rockin' that sweater, girl! Beautiful!

loveswildflowers
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Fahbulous! Really, that is such a great look for you! That is a great looking sweater. Congrats!

Mariblue
02-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Such a beautiful sweater! :heart: the color, :heart: the 3/4 sleeves! Great job!

momwolf
02-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Beautiful sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!and color too :cheering:

JLC
02-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Great job! The sweater is beautiful and the color is gorgeous!!!

Rennagayle
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Hmm... I may just have to knit my first sweater now. I love it! :heart:

Birdy
02-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree, that is one pretty sweater and it looks fantastic on you!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwedzi
02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
You look great in that sweater! Definitely nicer on someone with boobs *looking down at own itty-bitties. pouting*. I'm surprised it was a quick knit for you. I woulda thought with all that ribbing it would take forever. The color is so pretty, too.

Krystal
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
You look great in that sweater! Definitely nicer on someone with boobs *looking down at own itty-bitties. pouting*. I'm surprised it was a quick knit for you. I woulda thought with all that ribbing it would take forever. The color is so pretty, too.

I expected the ribbing to take a while too, but because it is knit in the round, it made it alot faster. Neverending knit knit knit purl, knit knit knit purl. haha. I could easily do it while watching tv for hours on end. The over all project can take a good weekw of looots of knitting.

Arielluria
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I surivived the great KH scare of 2007!! .Can you please explain?

Jenelle
02-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Krystal you've inspired me to finish the tubey I've been working on! :muah:

I love the color you made yours in too! :hug:

Krystal
02-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I surivived the great KH scare of 2007!! .Can you please explain?

haha, a few weeks ago Knitting Help was down and unavailable for aroujnd 24 hours and everyone here was frantically awaiting it to come back online.

When the boards were back there was a thread made where everyone was talking about how freaked out they were. So I decided to be funny and added this tag to my sig. (kinda like the ones you would find after a bad storm or accident... "I survived the Hurricane Tom! and All I got was this lousy T shirt)