PDA

View Full Version : Three finished objects.

newamy
02-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Here are some things I have finished recently.

The first are mittens made with Lambs pride worsted, this was left over yarn from my booga bag I made last summer. I had worn these around for about a month before I took the photo, they are holding up well.

The scarf is based on the Baby Genius Burp Cloth in the Mason Dixon book. Kay Gardiner posted similar ones she made on her Mason Dixon Blog and I copied her. www.masondixonknitting.com. I used Wild Lilac in the Lambs Pride Worsted 1 skein, and 2 skeins Noro Silk Garden #224. In the pattern you alternate colors every two rows. With the Noro's color changes it made lovely combinations and was fun to knit.

And last is a hat from the book Knitting For Peace. The green is Lambs Pride and the Brown is Mission Falls. I'm going to send this to afghans for Afghans. They say on their site that green is a much appreciated color.

Thanks for looking, Amy

IrishKnitter
02-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Wow newamy, those look GREAT!!! The mittens and scarf are SO gorgeous, and the hat is SUCH a unique design!! Great job!!! :cheering:

Jan in CA
02-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Those are beautiful!

landolphe
02-13-2007, 03:28 AM
WOW, Amy! :cheering: All three are fantastic, chere. :notworthy:

I might have to give that scarf a try. What stitch is that?

Landolphe

nonny2t
02-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I love the hat. It looks like a dairy queen ice cream cone!

Jeep_Girl
02-13-2007, 09:51 AM
GREAT Job!

aineepooh1
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Lovin' the charity hat~ awesome~~!!

Stonington
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm loving those mittens :heart:. Everything looks great! :cheering:

anne

YouCantBuyThisMovement
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Wonderful job on everything unfortunately I must have that hat lol

steff
02-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Agree with you on the hat
its a must have!

MoniDew
02-14-2007, 12:11 AM
:cheering: :cheering: ooh, oooohh! DIBS on the scarf! GORGEOUS!!
________
TOP PENNY STOCKS (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Aquaria
02-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Ohhh :noway: The hat! The hat is simply GORGEOUS!! :inlove:
I wish I were able to knit a hat like that :pout: ..... but I don't even know how it's done, besides I'm not that good to knit something as good as amy's! :notworthy:

newamy
02-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments.

For those coveting the hat, the one I made fits a toddler sized head. There is a larger size but I think it would fit an older child. It would be easy to adapt the pattern for an adult head.

The stripes are knitted flat where increases are made on one side and decreases on the other. Then you end up with a trapezoid, attach a brim to one side and seam up. It really isn't that hard but knowing how to pick up stitches and seam is helpful. The pom pom is pretty much required because the edge at the top when it's made into a hat looks kind of funky after it's drawn together; the pom pom hides the flaws.The pattern is in Knitting For Peace, which is quite a nice little book.

Cristy
02-18-2007, 01:09 AM
those are great--I love the knitting for peace book!