PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Cotton Pullover

Jillle
02-14-2007, 04:49 PM
I think this is a beautiful sweater. Perfect for spring. Anyone interested in joining me. I'm deciding on a color today. Beauty (http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=157024)

ReneeKnits
02-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey Jill,

I'm new here and have never been part of a knit-along. But I just viewed the pattern and it is lovely and I want in!

I was just digging through my stash a few days ago and found some Classic Elite Provence (I think it is discontinued) Now to see if I have enough to make the sweater or if I need to make a purchase - wouldn't that be just awful :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Have you started the sweater yet? What yarn are you using?

Renee

Jillle
02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Renee,
Yay! :cheering: Someone to join me. I haven't started yet. Still trying to finish up a couple of other things. But...since your are joining me, I think I'll order my yarn today! I still can't decide on the color. :?? I'm going to order the Gedifra Beauty Cotton. It looks pretty reasonable. Let me know what you decide.

ReneeKnits
02-22-2007, 05:28 PM
I found somehting in my stash that I am going to swatch up tonight - Berocco glace. I hope I can get gauge with that because it would be nice if the old stash actually did something oter than sit there!

The Gedifra Beauty yarn was quite tempting - especially with that great price. So...if I can't get gauge with the glace I'll be ordering some of it too.

Which colors have you narrowed it down to?

Renee

Jillle
02-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I was all over the place on the color choices. I really liked the white, but they don't seem to carry it. Coffee and Cream, Marmalade or Peony. I went with the Peony. I hope its ok, I hate too many choices. :doh:

ReneeKnits
02-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I got gauge!!! :cheering:

I ended up using Nashua Cilantro in white... I know, I'm boring and always end up doing the color in the photo. The peony color is very pretty and I'm sure I will wish I had just ordered some yarn before I finish this project. But at least I'm using up some of the stash - righr?

I'm so happy you found and posted this sweater - I would never have found it on my own and it is just the type of piece I like to knit and will actually wear. I am terrible about knitting something up and giving it to one of my sisters.

Thanks again for putting this one in the forum and I think you chose wisely with the peony.

Jillle
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I got gauge!!! :cheering:

:cheering:
I think it will be so pretty in white!
I'm going to Mexico tomorrow to go whale watching for a few days. I hope my yarn comes soon. :pray: I can't wait to start!

KellyK
02-22-2007, 10:05 PM
I dunno about the white, Renee.... I think you need to wear more pink. :teehee:

thischicknits
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Very cute pattern and SO tempting but I have to finish Wicked and the pinwheel sweater before totally comitting to another sweater.

ReneeKnits
02-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Kelly, thanks for the suggestion of the pink I'll have to keep that in mind :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

And Margaret, What's the pinwheel sweater? That sounds intriguing...

thischicknits
02-22-2007, 11:15 PM
There is a thread on the KAL's for it so you could check it out there - it has been fun to knit. There are so many options for different yarn and personalized details.

ReneeKnits
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Jillie,

Have a great time in Mexico...and whale watching!!! I've done that once off the coast of the northeast and it is just amazing. I remember it gave me a new appreciation for nature.

I began Beauty last night but I think I'm going to graph the entire pattern out. I was having trouble mentally reversing the pattern to work the other side. Or maybe I can head down to Kninko's and see if they have an easy way of mirroring the image and then I can just past them together. I'll let you know what I end up doing and I can send it to you.

Have a margarita for me :sun: :sun: and enjoy the sunshine!

Renee

thischicknits
02-23-2007, 04:30 PM
:cheering: So Renee IS the Renee I thought she might be...:cheering:

:waving: Hi there!

ReneeKnits
02-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Yep... it is me :hug: The Renee that loves the sunshine and the margaritas! Oh, and knitting too :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Jillle
02-27-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm back from my trip. The whales were amazing, 100's of gray whales and dolphins everywhere. The margaritas were great! The sun could have been a little warmer, but you can't have it all (I guess!).

I received my yarn today! :cheering: But, the color :shrug: ...hmmm. VERY PINK. :pout: When I saw the little swatch it looked cute. But 11 balls of it...well.... :doh: Well, we will see.

Renee: Did you end up charting out the pattern? I think I will need that also. I'm sure I will get confused trying to reverse it. If you were able to do it Kinkos, maybe I'll try that. Thanks!

ReneeKnits
03-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back before now but I have been under the weather with the flu - UGH...Next year I'm going to be first in line for a flu shot!

My husband helped me with the graph and hopefully it will help. I was only able to work about 15 rows of the graph and I think I frogged twice as many stitches as there are on my needles now! Hopefully the full graph will help us both.

Glad to hear you had fun in Mexico! Sounds like it was a great trip.

Are you still not liking the pink so much? It is knida funny for me to hear that you were concerned about the color since I am known as the pink queen around here (thus the reason for Kelly's comment about the pink) I :heart: pink and tend to knit with it all the time...too much in fact.

I'll email the graph to you now. Let me know if it helps.

Renee

Jillle
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Renee-Hope you're feeling better! I was sick with the flu at the end of the year and it was awful. :-x

That sounds great about the chart! I was on row 17, thinking everything was fine...and realized I had some mistakes. I spent yesterday ripping and trying to fix the stitches. I think I should have just frogged it and started over! :gah: I still might.

My 15 year old DD was giving me a hard time about the pink, but I'm liking it. I'm a pink person too! (You know--when you're 15, if its not black, its not cool!)

ReneeKnits
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
My oldest is 12 so I completely get it - we are just heading into those wonderful teen years around here - but at least we still have more good days than bad (so far)

I emailed the full chart to you today so hopefully it will save us both a lot of ripping.

Let me know how far along you are and post a picture - I know the pink looks great!

Renee

ReneeKnits
03-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell you I ordered a chart keeper from Knit Picks yesterday.

It looks like it will be a big help with this project. It is a magnetic thingy that keeps your place on the chart but it is flexible so you can fold it up to carry in your knitting bag. It was only $9 so I thought I would give it a try.

I usually just use sticky notes but then they lose their grip and I loose my place.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Jillle
03-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Renee,
Thanks so much for the chart! I don't know how you did that? :notworthy:
That magnetic chart holder looks like a great idea. I'm going to order one also. Very cool.
Well, here is the start of my sweater. How is your's going?

ReneeKnits
03-03-2007, 04:23 PM
WOW! It looks great! And I am :heart: loving :heart: the pink.

I'm up to a whoping 18 rows so no photo yet. Hopefully I can get some good knitting time in later this weekend. I have had an icky case of the flu this week - and I haven't even been up to knitting! And then to make matters worse I had an allergic reaction to the tamiflu I was taking. Between the Benadryl and prednizone and I don't feel like much of anything.

I am soooooo ready for spring!!! Thanks for listening to me complain and I really do love the pink!

Renee

KellyK
03-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Poor Renee.... :pout: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I just left Chix early and had to stop & hurl on the way home. :help: :ick: I hope I didnt catch what you had!

I have a chart keeper, Renee... I would have lent it to ya!

Jillle
03-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I just left Chix early and had to stop & hurl on the way home.Help! :help: :ick:

:roflhard: Those are the perfect icons for "stop & hurl"!

Renee-How are you feeling? I was watching TV last night (Desperate Housewives), you know...some very intellectually stimulating program...and I saw a commercial for Tamiflu. They were stating all the different allergic reactions you could have from it. Skin reactions and more. :pout:

Have you been working on the sweater? I've been doing better following the pattern. Then last night, I tried to fix a little error, which I turned into a huge mess. I think I it sorta fixed now. :!!!:

Played tennis today. Its warm here. :sun: How's the weather in your area?

ReneeKnits
03-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh the weather here stinks! It is really nice here about 2 - 3 weeks out of every year. I love the people here but I miss NC like crazy - especially the weather! And it didn't help any when my baby sister called to tell me she and her husband spent the weekend at the beach there!

And, to really stick it to me, she said the daffodils would be blooming soon!

The prednisone has helped alot, thank goodness! I really looked like a lobster there for a while and I thought I was going to sratch through my skin. I'm just ready for summer and flip-flops when there don't seem to be any germs around.

My Beauty sweater was put to the side until today when the Knit Picks chart holder arrived. Now I'm finally starting to work on it again. I would like to have it finished for spring break (we are going to FL) but I just don't think I'm going to make it.

Don't you think fixing mistakes in a lace pattern are the most difficult of all?!? I can never seem to get it back on the needles correctly. I'm sure yours looks great - you have been really cranking on it since you got back from Mexico.

And, btw, I love Desperate Housewives! It is just deliciously indulgent tv!

:wall: :wall: :wall:

ReneeKnits
03-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Last night I couldn't get to sleep so I worked on the sweater and almost made it to the point in your photo.

I've been bad lately and started (and finished!) a Maggi Knits tank for spring break. It was a quick knit and I really wanted to make it for the trip - it is from her new book Nautical Knits.

So now I'm just working on Beauty and Wicked that I also started recently. I'm beginnig to think I have ADD when it comes to knitting projects :teehee:

How's the progress on your Beauty? Please post another photo - it gives me a goal to work toward and I love seeing the pink!

Renee

Jillle
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I know what you mean about knitting ADD! I have two other things on the needles, they're not big things. I just can't seem to finish them. One is "My So Called Scarf". The other is the "Odessa" hat (it has beads, which I've never knit with before, so its taking me forever).

I want to see your tank! I've been looking for a cute tank pattern for a long time. I found a picture online last year, and searched for the pattern everywhere to no avail. :verysad:

I didn't work on Beauty yesterday. Still have to finish fixing that one area in the open work part. I "think" I have it figured out. (You're right about fixing mistakes in lace!)

I'm right around row 59. Right before it repeats. I'll post a pic later today.

Oh, also...I realized when I started the sweater, I just did eight rows of 1x1 ribbing. Not the ribbing pattern suggested. I didn't figure that at until now. Oh well... :shrug:

OK, off to tennis...

ReneeKnits
03-07-2007, 11:05 AM
"Off to tennis..." I'm so jealous!!! It snowed a little last night - GGRRRR and BBRRRRR! I am dying for spring!!!

At least knitting the tank and the Beauty pullover is making me think it will eventually get here - hey, I'll be ready for those 2 weeks of nice weather we will eventually get! :teehee: :teehee:

Have fun playing tennis and I hope you get the area worked out! I am off to work but will post a picture of the tank later this evening or tomorrow.

Jillle
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is my progress. There was more, but I decided to rip :frog: back. I was just making my mistake worse and worse. Oh well. :shrug: I'm actually really enjoying knitting this!

ReneeKnits
03-08-2007, 12:20 AM
It looks great! I'm only about half that far along but I'm still plugging away at it.

Long day at work today (it's only my second day back in almost 2 weeks so I have alot of catching up to do!) I'll post the Maggi Knits tank photo tomorrow - I'm off to bed now... no more knitting for me tonight :sleepy:

Jillle
03-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm almost at the armhole decreases. My goal is to have the back finished this weekend. This will be me... xxx xxx xxx :yay:

ReneeKnits
03-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Did you finish the back? Post a pic please!

I've been just terrible lately and started 2 Wicked sweaters and a really cool skirt out of Berroco Boho. Actually I think you would like that pattern also. I'll send the link in the email with the cupcake recipe (and I didn't forget the Maggi knits tank - I'll send that info too)

And I ordered the book Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel from Amazon and I'm just drooling over those designs. You've gotta check it out - very feminine desigs that look like boutique items.

Playing any tennis today? We are actually having a beautiful day here for the second day in a row! Today we may hit 70 :sun: And I've got a huge case of spring fever :happydance: Later in the week it will be cold and may snow. But hey, I'll take what I can get!

Jillle
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm close to finishing the back. Maybe today! I'll post a pic when I do. I had so many errands to do this weekend, it really cut into my knitting time!! (Well, Sunday I went to the beach, but still... :teehee:)

Our weather has been really nice too! I played tennis today (I lost though :pout: ). Glad you are having some nice weather. I haven't lived in the cold since I was 12. I grew up in New York, then my Dad retired to Costa Rica. I lived for a little while in Florida and then have been in San Diego for almost 30 years! Yikes!

I can't believe you have started 2 Wickeds and a skirt! :notworthy: I don't think I could keep up on all that.

Funny you mention Fitted Knits. I saw it on Amazon yesterday and was wondering if it was any good. I hate buying books and then never using any of the patterns. Okay, I'm going to put my order in!! :cheering:

I'm looking forward to the cupcake recipe. I have to bring a dessert to my tennis luncheon next week. Yummy cupcakes!!

Jillle
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Finally finished the back! :cheering:

ReneeKnits
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Started the front yet?

KellyK
03-16-2007, 11:23 AM
SO pretty!

Jillle
03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Thank you Kelly!

ReneeKnits
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm trying very hard to not be a total Beauty drop-out...I knit a few more rows yesterday but I'm still not finished with the back :verysad:

How's it going with your Beauty? For me, I think I'm gonna make this the longest knit along in KH history!

Also, I forgot to send you the linen tank pattern that I finished. If you are still interested I can send you the book and I have enough of the Maggie's Linen to make another! There was a goof in the editing - the yarn is supposed to be doubled and they must have doubled the yardage twice along the way.

Maggie's collection is so inspiring to me and she has this knitting trip to Spain every year that I am just dying to go on. You'll have to check it out at her web site. I've taken a class with her at Stitches Midwest a few years ago and a workshop she did at a LYS last year and she is just amazing!

Can you tell I have a hard time focusing on just one (or two or three) projects???

Jillle
04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Who knows? You may finish before me!

I'm almost at the "V" on the front. The problem is finding "quiet time", because its not something I can work on while talking to the D's (you know, DH, DS and DD!). :teehee:

That's so nice of you to send me the Maggie book! I'll PM you my address. I checked out her website and it IS very inspiring. The trip to Spain looks incredible. Spain is somewhere I've always wanted to go. So much history and beauty.

I went to Ireland last year for a wedding and went to the Aran Islands! I couldn't find yarn to buy, but I bought a fisherman's sweater. Its a tweedy pink (pink seems to be a theme!). Its way too warm for San Diego, but I was thinking of recycling the yarn and making something else. Maybe a felted or knit bag. Hmmm.

ReneeKnits
04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Ireland sounds like it was fun. And I've heard before that finding knitting shops/yarn in Europe can be difficult.

Recycling the yarn sounds like a good idea but I think I'd have to gulp a glass of wine before I could pull out all that work! But at least then you could enjoy the yarn!

I'm heading to the post office tomorrow to mail a gift to my niece in NC so I'll take the yarn and book to send for you. I hope you like it as much as I did - it's a quick and easy knit.

I'm with you about needing quiet time to work on Beauty! Mr B is home with me on Mon and Fri so I can'twork on it then and by the time everyone is in bed I'm just too tired to concentrate! Getting old is fun :pout:

This morning I picked up Lilly and Poppy from the vet where they were being borded. It was so great to get them back in the house and then the mailman brought all the mail and there was a yarn package in there!!! So, for a Monday morning it has been great! Poppy even learned how to go upstairs while we were away (she is a 6 month old Pomeranian that weighs 4 lbs so this is quite an accomplishment!) And now she can chase Lilly upstairs which is quite a bummer for her. She would always go up about 2 steps and look at Poppy with this "Ha-Ha!" look on her face.

Hope you get some time to work on Beauty today (and me too!)

ReneeKnits
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey Jill! Haven't posted ina while and just wanted to say hi and ask if you've made any progress on Beauty lately? Me, not so much. :pout:

It is still sitting beside my bed and I do look over at it and feel guilty...but that's about it. I've been bitten by the sock bug and I'm working on my second pair. Never ever saw myself as a sock knitter but just look at me now!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Renee

Jillle
04-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Renee,
Took a trip up to LA for a few days, just got back. I missed my pups when I was gone. I have three dogs, but one is a 3 1/2 pound chihuahua (she's our little baby!). I remember you said your little dog learned how to climb the stairs when you were gone and it was like missing your child's first steps. That is so true!!
I got your package...thank you so much! :cheering: I think I'll cast on for the tank today.
I finished the front of Beauty, but now she is sitting on a chair awaiting sleeves. :teehee:
Hope you're having a good weekend. I really want to get on the sock bandwagon. Everyone's having too much fun with them! (Have you figured out how to post pics yet? :fingerwag: I want to see some of your FO's.)
Jill