PDA

View Full Version : Sockettes Pattern Question?

trublnde
02-17-2007, 03:44 AM
I am doing these: http://www.members.shaw.ca/lisaknits/sockettes.html , and I have gotten to the part that says "Purl 15 stitches on needle, then go across the next 15 stitches." What exactly do they mean by "go across fifteen sticthes"?? Does that mean I just slip them onto the other needle? I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Thank you in advance.

Boogs
02-17-2007, 06:49 AM
This is for the start of your heel flap for which you will use half of your total stitches, 30, in this case.

At this point you have only knit 15 stitches. The pattern then asks you to turn the work and purl those 15 stitches. Where it says to go across the next 15 stitches, (to give you a total of 30 stitches on the needle) it would make sense to also purl those onto the same needle as the first 15.

Does that help?

trublnde
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank you, that helped a lot. Now I have one more question, When it says slip on, knit one, do they mean to slip as if to knit, or as if to purl? Thank you again!! :muah:

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a sock tutorial which has actually explained a lot. Thank you for all of your help though!!

hydeemarie
02-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes definitly purl those other 15 sts! :thumbsup: