PDA

View Full Version : International Scarf Exchange 4

SbutterAMfly
02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
There's a new scarf exchange! http://www.internationalscarfexchange.blogspot.com/

I just sent in my questionere this morning. They are only accepting 200 participants this time, so if you're interested, you might want to send them an e-mail ASAP.

Thought you'd all like to know.
Happy Knitting!

Friskums
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Oooh, thanks! I just signed up. :)

meearnol
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I signed up, too! This will be fun. I'm excited!! :happydance:

letah75
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I signed up too!!!!!

Quiltlady
02-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Do you have to have a blog to sign up? I'd love to do this but I don't have a blog. :shrug: :shrug:

Friskums
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't think so. I think you get added to their blog and you have to post on there at least three times for updates, it doesn't say anything about you needing to have your own blog.

letah75
02-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Just an update. I got an e-mail from them saying they are halfway to their goal or 200 people. So if you want to sign up, you'll want to do it soon!
Do you have to have a blog to sign up? I'd love to do this but I don't have a blog.

No, they will invite you to their blog!

Kaydee
02-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I just signed up...this sounds so fun!!

kristinw
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I just signed up! Like Letah said they are about half way to their goal!

Friskums
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I got an email saying they were 1/3 full... :?? :shrug:

kristinw
02-23-2007, 06:44 PM
I got an email saying they were 1/3 full... :?? :shrug:

I re-read my email and you're right! 1/3 full.

*KnitPixie*
02-23-2007, 06:46 PM
i sent the questionnare last night but I didnt get an email response :shrug:

kristinw
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm sure you'll get it soon. Mine was at least a day.

Knitting_Guy
02-23-2007, 10:39 PM
It looks like a lot of fun, but with my oddball schedule I wouldn't feel right committing to a deadline as I never know for sure when I'll get knitting time.

I was also just a tad put off by the fact that it doesn't seem to have occurred to them that some knitters are guys.

brendajos
02-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Ya know Mason I thought the same thing as I was reading it. Aweful lot of female-ish pronouns in them instructions! ;)

Knitting_Guy
02-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Ya know Mason I thought the same thing as I was reading it. Aweful lot of female-ish pronouns in them instructions! ;)

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. As there are far more female than male knitters I can kind of understand it, but it did seem a tad exclusionary to me.

MoniDew
02-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Just signed up. Thought I ought to start a blog, too, but have NO IDEA what to say...?
________
ACURA ARX-01 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Acura_ARX-01)

Knitting_Guy
02-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Just signed up. Thought I ought to start a blog, too, but have NO IDEA what to say...?

Do what I do and just keep hitting keys until something comes out. My blogs never say anything interesting but some people read it anyway. :rofl:

Kaydee
02-26-2007, 10:27 AM
When you'vee signed up for the scarf exchange and then they send the email to set up a google account...do you pick the advanced setup for the blog? And if so what is the FTP server and blog filename? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind...I figured it all out and made my first post!

Mrs. D.
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I just sent my questionnaire in. Hope its not too late. This will be my first. I am excited to join.

Chrissie
02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I signed up! I'm excited about this....I've been wanting to try some cool scarf patterns, and now I can!

Lieke
02-27-2007, 10:01 AM
sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I won't have enough time to knit the scarf. My last scarf took me forever, so I won't join, I don't want to dissapoint anyone.

doyvicios
02-28-2007, 10:35 PM
This is exciting, I just signed up, hopefully they are still accepting applications, I don't have a blog, but I blog on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/meidontcare), do you think that they would accept that?

Kaydee
03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
This is exciting, I just signed up, hopefully they are still accepting applications, I don't have a blog, but I blog on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/meidontcare), do you think that they would accept that?

you don't have to have a blog to sign up...i didn't, but then just decided to make one after i signed up

letah75
03-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I didn't have one either, so I started one too. You can link your blog to the KH blogger site here (http://khbloggers.blogspot.com/)

MoniDew
03-14-2007, 12:18 PM

Do what I do and just keep hitting keys until something comes out. My blogs never say anything interesting but some people read it anyway. :rofl:

ddkaoiohealidlgh when in the course of human events it becomes necessary.....
________
RHODE ISLAND DISPENSARY (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

MoniDew
03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I got my giftee's info yesterday, and was able to start knitting immediately, because she seems to like the same yarns that I do! Hurray!

I've got my blog link in my siggy now, too, and am going to post my class notes in it since they are what I am routinely writing.

Happy reading, and happy knitting, everybody!
________
350 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_350)

Friskums
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I got my partners info yesterday too. :happydance:

I may have to take a trip to the LYS once I figure out what pattern I'm going to do. I don't think I have any of the colors she likes.

Gee, what a shame, huh? ;)

:teehee:

:rofl: :rofl:

kristinw
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I think the hardest part will be choosing a pattern! Wouldn't it be neat if some of us got matched up?

redwitch
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
The default seems to be male pronouns even when talking about equal numbers, perhaps slightly less so now than over the past few centuries... so excuse us if we don't feel too sorry for you Mason that in a knitting where a huge majority of people are female those pronouns are used! :teehee: :teehee:
Sarah

bobi1218
03-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm deciding between 2 patterns. I have the yarn for both, maybe I'll just start them both and decide which one I'm feeling more as I go. Oh, decisions, decisions...

I'm looking at everyone's post on the blog, thinking "Are you knitting for me? Oh you, with the pretty yarn, are you knitting for me?" lol.

letah75
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I got my partner too. I have the pattern, and I have the yarn. I'm well on my way, now all I have to do is Cast-on!!!!

I went and bought the yarn today. Hope she likes it. I e-mailed her last night, haven't gotten a response yet, but it'll come. I also got an e-mail from my secret knitter.

REVS
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh, I signed up for this because I saw this forum post, but then never posted, here, so I just wanted to rectify that omission.

I am knitting on my scarf after ages of obsessing about patterns, yarns... for a scarf that should be useable in summer weather... I'm challenging myself by using some beads in my knitting!

There's so many bee-ooo-tee-ful scarves posted already. Maybe one is mine???

How are others faring with this, having fun?

Friskums
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm doing a lacy rib pattern. My pal wanted lace, but I don't think this is really what she had in mind. But, hopefully she won't be too upset or anything.

I'm using a wool/alpaca blend. Mmmmmm..... :heart: :heart: