PDA

View Full Version : FOs: Jaywalker and broadripple socks

iza
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Here are two recent FOs! First, the famous Jaywalker socks from Magknits, with Zitron Trekking (XXL) yarn. I'm also posting the Broadripple socks (from Knitty) that I made in January. For this project I used On Line yarn. I really liked these two projects: Easy, pretty and quick!

I also made these socks http://www.poshyarn.co.uk/patterns.html for christmas for my SIL as well as the Fetching wristwarmers for a friend, but I forgot to take pictures. :grrr: I fear I'm not very good at documenting my projects. :teehee:

auburnchick
02-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Very cute socks! Love the Broadripple!

landolphe
02-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Beautiful socks! What ribbing pattern did you use in the Broadripple cuff?

Landolphe

psammeadred
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
:cheering: Great job!

DreamWeaver
02-27-2007, 11:15 PM
love both of them :thumbsup:

AnotherBecca
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Okay...you are totally inspiring me to try some socks!

nonny2t
02-28-2007, 09:25 AM
very nice socks and great colors too! One of these days I am going to do socks, I swear I am!

kemp
02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Really nice!

MiataMama
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Your socks look great! It's very inspiring!! :cheering:

I have had my first pair of socks on the needles for months and months, probably going on a year, actually. I think my next step is turning the heal. I need to get together with my knitting guru and get these things done. Even though my first pair is taking so long I'm quite inspired to try Silver's Tutorial for my next pair since I've read such good reviews here. I'm just hoping my first pair fits... I think they may be pretty tight. Hopefully they won't cut off my ciruclation and make me fall over from lack of feeling in my feet!

iza
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks everybody! Your comments are a great confidence booster :teehee:

These two patterns, Jaywalker and Broadripple, are really not difficult. I encourage everyone to try them!

Beautiful socks! What ribbing pattern did you use in the Broadripple cuff?

The pattern for the cuff is almost the same as for the rest, the only difference being that you purl Round 2 instead of knitting it:
Round 1: *K2, yo, k3, ssk, k2tog, k3, yo, k2; repeat from * around.
Round 2:Purl.
This cuff is not really as stretchy as a k2p2 ribbing, it's more decorative really.

I think my next step is turning the heal. I need to get together with my knitting guru and get these things done.
Really, don't be afraid! The heel is easier than it looks. Just do the pattern and it will work! :thumbsup: I can't say enough good things about Silver's tutorial. It's absolutely great, very clear and it helped me a lot when I did my first socks! :happydance: