PDA

View Full Version : Finished Projects Tally Sheet

HeatherFeather
03-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey all....I was barely in the "knit off"...before I got so frustrated with how poorly it was run. (VERY poor communication). (ETA....this was NOT a KH thing...something "out there on the web" thing)

So, I thought...shoot, I'd like to have a competiton, to either put my money where my mouth is and really SEE how difficult it is.....and then I'll be forever quiet, or do it, and learn and have fun with it...lol....

So....for the Stashies I created a spreadsheet, but ANYBODY can participate.

It's basically your name (nothing identifying) and then you update the spreadsheet with your completed projects for the month. I'm toying with prizes (fun ones).....

either email me or PM me with YOUR email and I can send you an invite to the spreadsheet. It is a google spreadsheet, and I'm a google member so if you need an invite to gmail or google, let me know...(try and sign up without it first, but if you need one I've got pleanty.)

This is for all completed projects, big or small, stash yarn or purchased yarn. Equal opportunity. :) lol....

you can click on the link below to take a look see of the format.

Answers to Questions:
1. The spreadsheet starts in January, but for prizes and such we'll "officially start" in March.
2. You MUST email me or PM me WITH your email so I can send you the link. I need to put you in as a "collaborator"
3. You do all the updating and such...
Proceedure:
You email(PM) me with your info
I email you an invite
You go to spreadsheet and enter your info
when you finish a project you update the website.
4. Once I send you the invite, when you click on the link in MY signature (when you forget to put a bookmark on your puter), there is an "edit" button on the far bottom right of the screen....and then you'll be in.
5. Sometimes you need to give it a few minutes to accept you. So, wait for your confirmation letter to come to you!!
6. If you have gmail, there is a Documents link in the top left corner of your gmail screen, click on that and you'll see it there!!
7. DON"T FORGET TO SAVE 1) the spreadsheet in your favorites, and 2) when all done working on the spreadsheet, click the save and close button, JUST to be sure everything has been updated.
8. If you can, but I understand if you don't wanna...could you put your KH screen name by your name...that will help a bit with identification. :)

kemp
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Cool idea, Heather!

lucky_alf2
03-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Sounds like fun! I'll play -- especially as I am working on reducing my stash of baby yarns. Is there an official start date?? (I just finished off a small project today...... :) )

ArtLady1981
03-06-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm in! Sign me up as Dollyce AKA TheArtLady!

And thank you for your efforts HeatherFeather! I know how much time it takes to create and tweak something like this!

KUDOS! :cheering:

Jan in CA
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
This looks like fun if for nothing else than seeing how much you really knit! It's also cool because I can just go about my normal knitting and not have to knit something special. ;)

HeatherFeather
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

My "love language" is Words of Affirmation....so...lol...yall are making me feel VERY well loved!!!!!!!!!

OCCASIONALLY I have a good idear....lol.....

and don't forget ANYBODY can play!!! We are just keeping track of completed projects (and maybe other challenges)...NOT just for the Stashies!!!!!!

Jan in CA
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
I added my name (Jan in CA), but I'll have to figure out what I finished in January and February. :teehee:

madametj
03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
i added myself :happydance:

if the numbers for past months go up, i'm not cheating, i'm just remembering to add other things :teehee:

HeatherFeather
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I wanted to put January so we could have a full idea :)

And already, 5 people, 25 projects completed...:) and not everyone's entered their data yet!!!!!!!!!! :)

DreamWeaver
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
This sounds like lots of fun! True, I'm a really bad stashie, but I want to do better ^_^;;

Cristy
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
My "love language" is Words of Affirmation....so...lol...yall are making me feel VERY well loved!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that book wonderful--my language is acts of service followed by words of affirmation as a close second!

I think I'll participate...I'm doing it as a way to get myself to finish some projects b/c I'm super guilty of starting a lot but only finishing a few....so don't expect me to be getting any of those prizes unless you offer one for "least performing" :teehee:

HeatherFeather
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I do have that one up my sleeve!!!!!! don't want ANYONE to feel left out!!!! :)

syndactylus
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I want to play! but I don't think I'll be finishing very much.
Unless I switch to socks...

HeatherFeather
03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
49 projects ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

heykaren
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Do dishclothes count? Karen

ArtLady1981
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM
HeyKaren! Hi! I think dishcloths count. I knit a set of 8...and didn't know if I should count them as 8 finished items...or ONE set of 8. Well, I sent an email to Heather...and asked her if we could add an extra line below our totals...for a BRIEF description of the items finished. She said yes, we can add anything we want...but just don't delete anything. She also said we may expand the Tally to include the "number of stitches" per project.

My finished dishcloth(s) is clearly less than the Yellow Basketweave Baby Blanket! (photos and pattern posted in Year of the Stash thread)

I am in the last few inches of my Red Aran Afghan. Got bored with it yesterday...so I knit (and attached) the ruffle to the cast-on edge. The ruffle pattern is in "Knitting On the Edge"...but it only gives the pattern repeat (12st +3)...so...for an afgan...you have to compute backwards. If you want to end up up 183 stitches to fit the end width of the afghan...the number of cast on stitches is HUGE. Worked out to be cast on 543 stitches. Rows 3,5,7,9 of the ruffle lose 2 stitches per repeat...or 90 per decrease row. Well, won't bore you with further details...suffice it to say...the ruffle was very difficult to manage on my circs. Aaargh. Attached the ruffle with a 3 needle bindoff after first picking up 183 stitches off the end of the afghan. Could have used mattress stitch...but, the afghan is so difficult to manage...the 3 needle bindoff seam worked the first try. My main concern was getting them to "fit" widthwise. Will post a photo of the finished afghan in our thread Year Of the Stash 2007 in KnitAlongs category.
Should be done by Monday. Will have to block the 3 needle ruffle-to-afghan seams to flatten them out. Will use wet terrycloth handtowel rolls.
Won't post photos til that is done. Hope it works. Maybe I will put a some little paperweights on the terrycloth rolls to press them down.

HeatherFeather
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
ANYTHING counts!!! A finished project is a finished project!!!

We are going to have lots of different contests

Least preformer
Greatest preformer
most number of stitches in the month
most number of projects in a month

those are off the top of my head....:) plus any others that anybody can think of !!!

ArtLady1981
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
HeatherFeather!

PS: our Tally thread should be in KnitAlongs, don't you think? It is as much a KnitAlong as our Year of the Stash...and by being located in Knitalongs...it will more likely stay on page 1.

A lot of miscellaneous stuff gets posted in General Knitting. It is difficult to filter through all of it! Especially If you are looking for the Tally via your IE browser as opposed to the email notification.

In General Knitting, there are so many "off topics" (OT's) posts..lots of personal stuff, tv talk, etc.

I am glad now that mod squad tossed us into KnitAlongs. But, it should have done it earlier...before we had 50+ members! It was very difficult for us to notify all of our Stash Sisters when we discovered the "move".

HeatherFeather
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
sounds like a plan...MODS????? can ya move us over??? :)

heykaren
03-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Geez Art Lady, I only knit one silly little dishcloth, I feel kinda guilty counting it.

Ohhh, this "how many stitches" bit is going to mess me up - I have no idea how many stitches in my projects.....

Just found a sleeveless tank that I had started last summer and never finished - how stupid is that!!!!!! :doh: I think it only needs to have one shoulder and the side seams stitched together - so I should have my first completed March item done soon!

ArtLady - took your advice on the HOmespun and skipped the sweater and started an afghan - I should be able to finish that in the next week ( itīs not as complicated or as beautiful as your red one, but itīll do :teehee: )

Karen

ArtLady1981
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey there Karen!

Would love to see your finished Homespun afghan! Please post a photo of it in our Year of the Stash thread when you're done!

Counting the stitches for blankets and other flat work shouldn't be too hard. The number of cast on stitches multiplied that by the number of rows. A pattern with vertical repeats will make row counting easier!

For example...my Red Aran Afghan is 242 stitches wide...the vertical pattern repeat is 30 rows tall...when I get done...I will ultiply the number of full vertical repeats by 30...and multiply that vertical stitch total by 242.
(do I really want to know??? well, if I ever thought about selling my afghans...I could impress the buyer with the stitch count, couldn't I?? I know this: each two rows rs/ws...takes me 23 minutes...IF I don't have to stop and tink an error on the row!) When I post the photo of the finished afghan, I will confess the total number of stitches, and the total knitting hours spent on the blanket. :pout:

For garments with decreases, etc...I think we could guesstimate the number of stitches, couldn't we?

But I agree with you...counting stitches will not be easy with garments that include shaping, etc.

heykaren
03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
ArtLady, will be sure to post a pic when my camera is out of the shop... :pout: Do you have to have your pix on photobucket or something like that, or can you add them directly from your camera program?

Karen

ArtLady1981
03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi there Karen!
My computer has Microsoft Office 2003. That package has a neat little thing called Microsoft Office Picture Manager (MOPM). When you right click on a certain photo, you can "OPEN WITH" the MOPM program Once the photo is opened with MOPM...you can "EDIT" and "re-size" the pixels of the photo. Then "Save" the edited photo. Then you can put it straight into your KnittingHelp Post. Just below where you are typing your Post, there is a FILENAME...and Browse option. Click on Browse, and you can go to your MY PICTURES folder on your computer, locate the resized photo you want to Post, add a File Comment if you wish, then click Add Attachment and VOILA...the picture will load into your Post! You can load several. Just remember...the first one you load will visibly be Posted last, or farthest down.

So to answer your question quickly: No, I don't use Photobucket for to my photos. But some folks do. I can load straight from my computer MY PICTURES maybe because I have re-sized them myself. It wouldn't work for me until I started resizing. I think anyone could load straight from their computer MY PICTURES if they have re-sized the pixels. It is a learning curve for sure, and many of the very talented techie knitters from this forum have helped me greatly! Such a very generous bunch! This Forum is the BEST!

No matter how or where you store and retrieve your photos...they need to be no more than 500 pixels wide, I believe. My unedited photos are usually 1656 pixels wide...and if I reduce them by 30% using MOPM...that does it ok. Just below 500 pixels wide.

I think some folks store their photos in different types of programs...but no matter what you do...you need to resize the photo to 500 pixels or lower. Many photo programs/software have the capability of editing and resizing the pixels.

dustinac
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
ok I got it to work :rofl: Thank you Heather!!

:cheering: all my FO I had track of in the stashie thread so I just counted them up there....
Jan~Danica & DH socks
Feb~Baby socks, Hat, 2 coin purses, 2 Gnomes, 5 Dish Rags, bath mitt...

HeatherFeather
03-08-2007, 10:36 PM
don't worry, there will be PLEANTY of notice for all the competitions....:)

right now, I just want us to practice remembering to update the spreadsheet as we complete a project. :) OOO I just finished one today!!! :)

Secksiebrat
03-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I sent you a PM to include me in this spreadsheet. I went and registered with google. Just let me know what I need to do, thanks!

~danielle~

hunterjenn
03-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I'll join, mostly just because I have knitting ADD and I want to know how much I actually get accomplished! I'll PM you now. :)

Cristy
03-09-2007, 02:54 AM
I joined in and logged my measley 1 completed project so far....

HeatherFeather
03-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Cristy, Cristy, Cristy, Cristy...

having that baby...I should ADD a couple projects!!!!!!!!! Give yourself time sweetie!!! :)

HeatherFeather
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

104 projects completed already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now....what do we want for our first months prize????? :)

madametj
03-13-2007, 06:11 PM
stupid question: a pair of gloves, socks, etc., only counts as 1 FO, right?

dustinac
03-13-2007, 06:34 PM
:cheering: baby afghan done so I marked it... I did finish 2 mini socks but I didn't include them.. they may take an hour to do if that long so didn't feel right.. :teehee:

ohh the first month award :shrug: :teehee:

madametj~ I think they count as 1 :?? :teehee:

madametj
03-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Now....what do we want for our first months prize????? :)

REWARD YARN! :happydance:

madametj~ I think they count as 1 :?? :teehee:

i figured :doh: . i'm not trying to cheat, honest :teehee: , i just tend to think into things too much. :roll:

HeatherFeather
03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
they count
they count
they count
they count
they count
they count
they count
they count

if it is taking mental energy to do them, it might take up as much space mentally as something that you think is a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!

jamadian75
03-14-2007, 12:00 PM
This is FABULOUS - I love how everyone is getting charged up about getting yarn out of their stash and knits off their needles!! :cheering: :heart: :cheering:

I'm totally in, I've PM'd Heather already and I'll start my tally soon!

HeatherFeather
03-15-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm SOOO tickled that this has taken off so well!!!!!!!!! :)

Yall make my heart sing...:)

You CAN invite anybody else to join. :) Just use the collaborate button on the top right, and until it gets spammed somehow, we'll leave it as it is. I think we might be safe, because you have to be INVITED to join, and as long as you just invite people that you know we should be OK!!!

If you do invite someone outside of KH, just link them to this list for the "chatter" portion. I went back and forth of having an email group, but this is working just fine!!! I know I don't need any more email!!! :)

Cristy
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, I for one am still moving slowly but hopefully I can post some more items soon...I did finish one that I haven't posted...

HeatherFeather
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
wHOOHOO...:)

I'm working on the sheet now to add links...SOO...if you see something funky, it's me...dont' worry!!!

madametj
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
i just bound off a scarf today. just got about 50 million ends to weave in :doh:

HeatherFeather
03-15-2007, 10:15 PM
OK, I did it, and now...I'm off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the spreadsheet
Page 1: Participants
Page 2: Stashie Commanments plus ideas I've seen along the way!!!
Page 3: I've put all the links yall have graciously shared in columns based on the type of project. (all 51 pages of them!!!) If I've missed something that you've suggested, you can go ahead and put the link in. I had to do this inbetween dinner, dh to airport, vet apt, scout meeting, and pick ds up from scouts...it was an oversight, not a direct ommission!!! lol....

ArtLady1981
03-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Also closely related to our Year of the Stash 2007 thread is Madametj's thread called StashBuster Ideas...located in Pattern Central!

I think the three threads are a great relationship! Year of the Stash...StashBuster Ideas...Completed Projects List!

However, Year of the Stash and Completed Projects are under KnitAlongs...and StashBuster Ideas is in Pattern Central.

Way to go Stash Sisters Madametj and HeatherFeather! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

HeatherFeather
03-17-2007, 06:48 AM
I've updated the first page a couple times, so if you havn't read it lately there are a couple additions.

I was speed reading...but I think for this case, each item is ONE item. :) Even tho they SHOULD be a pair...you DID finish one item!!!

Ok, the first half of the month is over, and we've got some pretty good things going on here!!!

By the 15th of the month, we will chat on What next month's challenge is, so we all have time to get our heads wraped around it. This month is different as we are going to talk about this months challenge AND next months challenge.

And, do you want me to make an ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY email list for special notices? I know that a couple people don't do email, so I don't want to clog the emails.

So Question 1

Is number of completed projects good for this month?

Question 2

What contest do you want to do for April?

Question 3

If I make pretty stitch markers for this month's prize, is that something that would apeal to you?

BTW, here's a list of "winners" I was thinking about:
Winner send loser a prize
Loser send Winner a prize
We all buy our OWN prize
Occasioally I'll send YOU a prize if you are the winner
Dump all that participated in the challenge for the month into a hat and THEY are the winner for the month.

dustinac
03-17-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm ok with however you guys decide to do it.. I am still confused though on how you know what we finished and if its equal or not.. do we write it some where what the objects were or I remeber seeing something about sts and skeins it took.. :teehee: I'm prolly having a duh moment and you have already explained this to us :teehee:

Jan in CA
03-17-2007, 01:20 PM
This is all becoming more complicated than I really want so I'm rethinking this. I am NOT going to count stitches. :doh:

HeatherFeather
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Don't worry, this will be a consensus vote!!!! I was trying to keep it as fair as possible. (meaning not just MY ideas)!!!

For right now, just put in your completed projects!!! no complications!!!

ArtLady1981
03-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Me thinks that in keeping this Completed Projects thing a FUN THING to participate in..we should just count projects, period.

To me, if I lose a challenge because I only completed one project for March (the Red Aran Afghan)...and someone else wins because they knit 2 dishcloths...that's okay with me.

Really, it may take more effort for some gals who have ultra busy lives with 40 hr jobs, kids at home, a 'high maintenance husband'...etc. to knit two small projects than for me to knit an afghan!

I am able to knit an huge afghan in two weeks because I am self employed, all my kids are out of the house, and my husband is completely ok with my incessant knitting! No credit to me! Just life! It wasn't always that way...I remember "back in the day" I had a 40 hrs day job, 5 kids at home, and the hubby was a baby. It was all I could do to find time to knit, sew or crosstitch! Things change! Changed my career, the kids grew up, married and left home...and the hubby finally grew up, too!! He's a "keeper"!! :teehee:

So, IMHO, let's just keep it fun and easy!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

nadja la claire
03-17-2007, 05:24 PM
I doubt I'll be winning anything too soon. I don't do a lot of little things and I just can't work on one thing at a time but it should be motivation to try to finish my scarf at least and maybe sock one. I have completed one thing this month.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jan in CA
03-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks for saying that, Artlady. I tend to get a lot done because I have the time, but I'm not really interested in competitions as it creates too much stress and pressure. The whole point of knitting is supposed to be relaxing. Counting just the projects works better for me. I also have questions about all ths commandments though. Good grief. If those had appeared in the beginning I wouldn't have joined. Too many rules spoil the fun. I don't want to be a spoil sport though and would rather quit than ruin it for anyone else.
:shrug:

dustinac
03-17-2007, 07:46 PM
:teehee: I agree.. I think it should be just for fun.. I was getting confused by it all and not sure what to do.. lol

on your prize question #3 as to to make it simplier since you mentioned doing March's "gift" then could the winner of March do something small for the winner of April and so on.. and just not do anything for the loser? so no one is kinda singled out that way? although some might not be able to gift... :shrug:
I just think it would be simplier to just have a winner...

for Question #2 I think it would be easier with no challenges.. some already do the monthly KAL and have a full plate.. I'm working around 2 kids and a dh so my knitting time differs from day to day.. today I had a lot.. but its not always like that.. I don't want to be a spoil sport either and I'm feeling that way with this post :verysad:

I'm one having second thoughts too... :pout:

:teehee:

madametj
03-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I've updated the first page a couple times, so if you havn't read it lately there are a couple additions.

I was speed reading...but I think for this case, each item is ONE item. :) Even tho they SHOULD be a pair...you DID finish one item!!!

works 4 me! :happydance:

HeatherFeather
03-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Ok....

So....after a bit of sleeplessness last night.

This will be a tally sheet only.

Post your completed projects.

If you are the winner, this gives you permission to buy "reward" yarn.

Simple. :)

ETA: I will of COURSE send stitch markers to the person that completed the most tho!!!

Jan in CA
03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok....

So....after a bit of sleeplessness last night.

This will be a tally sheet only.

Post your completed projects.

If you are the winner, this gives you permission to buy "reward" yarn.

Simple. :)

ETA: I will of COURSE send stitch markers to the person that completed the most tho!!!

Heather! You don't need to change the whole thing just for me. If everyone else is happy with the plan then by all means stick to it! I'm sorry I said anything. :pout:

dustinac
03-18-2007, 04:01 PM
:verysad: I feel bad too I don't want to ruin it for the others if they are up for the previous :hug:

HeatherFeather
03-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys!!!

I guess right now, it was a bit more than I could handle. My FIL is in hospice care, and my dh is spending a few of his last days with him. According to the hospice paper, FIL is showing signs of being with us for a week or two only. He is also showing signs of things when someone is a day or two away from death. As those "day or two's" show up more, the "week or two's" will go by the wayside. We are in MD, and dh's family is in Michigan. So it is doubly tough. And we are reeling from a discovery of his parents faith walk.

When all that blows over, I'll have it more "together" to handle constructive suggestions. :)

I just know that some people enjoy a good competition. And since the last two I was in were run so horribly, I wanted to make sure there was at least ONE well run compitition "out there". Or see really how hard it is and be quiet about it all.

I put out there different ways we could compete to keep it fun, fair and interesting. You always have the option to "sit out".

I was going to add a different spreadsheet for each of the competitions, so the "tally sheet" of completed projects would remain a constant.

And for those that are afraid of the number of stitches, I look at it as a math problem. I knit this many stitches in this row, and I knit this many rows. For that it would be a week competition, not the whole month. I know I didn't explain myself, but THAT would make sure everyone is on the same playing field.

So...again, this month, just practice keeping track of the projects, and updating the spreadsheet. The winner (most completed projects) this month will get stitchmarkers made by me sent to you.

Oh, another contest I thought of was, make a goal for yourself how many projects you hope to complete, and those that meet or exceed that are the "winners".

dustinac
03-18-2007, 07:28 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug:

I'm sorry to read about your FIL.. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...you are doing great don't worry about it..

:hug: :heart: :hug:

ArtLady1981
03-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Hi everyone!

It is gratifying to fill in my monthly FO's on the Completed Projects Tally...and I love to see the names of fellow knitters busily clicking away! That being said, I will continue to put in my number of FO's!

Heather, here is a big ole :hug: HUG :hug: from all of us for taking the time to develop this thread for us. Please don't be discouraged!

I agree with Jan and others: our knitting should be fun and relaxing to us all...and we should enjoy supporting one another! Some of us have more time to knit, as I said in an earlier post...but, regardless, I have been greatly encouraged by the Posts in this particular thread, and, in our Year of the Stash thread! (BTW: those "commandments of stash" are only guidelines to help us get started in modifying our yarn stashing behavior! Really, we only answer to ourselves! No one is taking our inventory! Our "Stash Sisters" community is for the purpose of supporting one another in whatever goals we have personally for de-stashing and using all the beautiful yarn hiding away in our closets, cupboards, baskets, bins, bags, crates, luggage and totes! :teehee: )

It is truly rewarding to meet so many wonderful women all over the world! We have so many differences: our State or Country, our language, our community customs, age, marital status, secular work, homelife, health...the list goes on...yet we are brought together here by ONE COMMON BOND: the love of knitting and creativity! And a BIG :heart: HEART to share our time and energy with other like-minded women (and men)!

I say BRAVO to us all! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

ArtLady1981
03-20-2007, 07:10 PM
I got a little hat done! It is part of a 4 piece set! The jacket pieces are all done and await seaming, etc.

So far, I got the afghan done for March, and the little hat! :cheering:

I had a hard time making the Google Spreadsheet change my 1 to a 2.
If you save the page in My Favorites, it seems to take you to the page as it was when you originally saved it. Hmmm. Will have to re-think what I am doing. I finally clicked on SAVE AND CLOSE at the top right of the Spreadsheet, per Heather's directions. It seemed to work.

Here is one photo of the little hat...but I have 3 photos posted in our Year of the Stash thread!

HeatherFeather
03-21-2007, 07:09 AM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :)

That hat is SOOOOOOOOO CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!

ArtLady1981
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Well, I now have a total of 3 FO's for March! The red aran afghan, the Choux Jacket, the Choux Hat! I am posting one photo of the Choux set here, but posted more photos of them on our Year of the Stash thread, page 55.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

HeatherFeather
03-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Happy SPRING!!! it is just darling!!!

ArtLady1981
03-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Whilst languishing in doctor's offices today...I made a Sugar 'n' Cream basketweave dishcloth, pattern of which is on our Year of the Stash thread...forget what page.

So, that is now 4 for me! No guilt whatsoever in counting it...since the RED ARAN AFGHAN was counted as 1 FO, too. Kinda offsets things! :teehee:

HeatherFeather
03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Ok, FIL is in hospice, so I'm sure that it won't be long now for him.

Also, my mom was in the hospital with heart issues, but she's OK. So, I've got a bit more mental energy to deal with this.

I've got a little surprise for all our winners!!! I'm excited about it.

But..in the mean time...we are going to have a 500th project completed!!! If you notice at the bottom right hand corner of the tally sheet, there is a grand running total. If you are the 500th project completed (honor system), email me, PM me or notify me somehow (other than on the board)....:) That way, I can send one of the little surprises!!! We are at about 150 now....wonder when it will happen!!!

And I made a button!!! :) not exactly what I had in mind, but I thought shoot rather than reinvent the wheel....I'll just use what tools are out there.

ArtLady1981
03-23-2007, 08:36 PM
One more dishcloth :thumbsup: ...an inch wider and taller this time. I cast on 30 instead of 25...and each "block" is 6 stitches, not 5...and the garter stitch border is 5 rows tall...not 4.

HeatherFeather
03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Dear Friends,

I will be leaving home today to return to be with my FIL for his last days and the funeral. I will return on April 2-3 or so. I will be checking my mail infrequently.

So, PLEASE be patient, if I do not respond right away. I will get back to you.

But for now, getting laundry taken care of.

ArtLady1981
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
HeatherFeather, thanks for sharing with us. Our condolences and prayers are with you and your family! Be well and safe travels!

HeatherFeather
04-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm home.

And I'm HOME...does that make sense...there is NOTHING in MI, that is familiar any more...save the church I grew up in...and even that is different....

We drove the PA turnpike, and when we came out of the tunnel.....it was like...ahhhh....we are HOME.

So....I'm going to give a "last call" for you all to enter your final totals for March. I'll give to Friday for all tally's to be entered...and then we'll announce a winner...however, that Michelle!!!!!!!!! She did AWSOME!!!!

So, tally up your projects up until March 31 at 12 midnight...and go post...there are a lot of posters, but no totals....go get to it!!! lol.....

ArtLady1981
04-03-2007, 03:56 PM
WELCOME HOME HEATHER! WE MISSED YOU!

:cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah: :cheering: :muah: :cheering:

HeatherFeather
04-03-2007, 04:00 PM
awwwwwww :oops: :muah: :oops: :muah:
THANKS!!!!!!!

HeatherFeather
04-07-2007, 12:09 PM
And our winner is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE!!!!!!!
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Michelle, please PM me with your home addy so I can get your stitch markers out to you!!!

misha rf
04-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Awwww....thanks!! It's nice to know unemployment has *some* benefits!! :oops: :happydance: :muah:

PMing you now... :out:

MamaKnits
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Heather, I'm going to PM you in just a second about joining this group. I could use some motivation to knit from the stash. I'm fighting the urge to place a KP order and start Thermal!

Thanks for organizing this!

Gina

dustinac
04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
:cheering: Welcome Home Heather!!

:happydance: Congrats misha rf!!

misha rf
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks, dustinac! :teehee:

ArtLady1981
04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Although I posted this recent FINISHED STASH PROJECT on our Year of the Stash thread, I also want to show it off here, too! If you want more details about it, go to page 67 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24933&start=792) of our Year of the Stash thread! It is called the KNITCUSHION, pattern purchased from www.patternworks.com

Jill A.
04-21-2007, 11:32 PM
My great grandmother had one of those knit cushions. The minute I saw your picture I remembered the exact colors of hers, and playing with it, taking the rings apart and putting them back together.

I would love to make one, but I can't find the pattern on the site you posted. Can you give me the exact name or product number?

Thanks!

ArtLady1981
04-22-2007, 01:29 AM
If you go to www.patternworks.com and type in the work KNITCUSHION in the search bar at the top right...click...it will take you to the knitcushion page. Or, here is the item #800395 for it. Either the word or the item number should bring you to it. I tried both. They both work, however, by putting in the word KNITCUSHION in the top right box...it will take you to the photo first. Putting the item number in the top left box will take you straight to the purchase page.

MommaG
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Just finished this shrug. It has been on the Needles for a while now as it was boring to knit back and forth and not really see any progress. I am so glad it is finally done.

ArtLady1981
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
WHAT A BEAUUUUUUTIFUL BLUE! Thanks for sharing!! :muah:

HeatherFeather
04-30-2007, 08:59 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry I've been MIA.....getting ready for my 13 YO'S confirmation party....and a MOTHER visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

all your work is beautiful!!!

and Michelle, I've not forgotten about you...I PROMISE!!!!!!!!

ArtLady1981
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Ohhhh, I wish I was getting ready for a MOTHER visit! I'd have to travel a lonnnnnng ways to see her. She died in 1978 at the age of 46. :pout:

My advice: don't smoke. If you do...quit.

Be around years from now...so that your daughter will be preparing for your MOTHER visit! :cheering:

Enjoy your MOTHER visit! :muah:

misha rf
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
No worries! I'll pm you with my new addy...we moved last week. And thanks! :muah:

misha rf
04-30-2007, 11:13 PM
MommaG, that shrug is lovely! :cheering:

MommaG
05-02-2007, 01:01 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry I've been MIA.....getting ready for my 13 YO'S confirmation party....and a MOTHER visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

all your work is beautiful!!!

and Michelle, I've not forgotten about you...I PROMISE!!!!!!!!

When I read the bolded the first time I read it as 13 yarn overs :doh: :doh:
I think I have been doing to much knitting lately.

HeatherFeather
05-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I have a funny story about abreviations.......

When I got newly preg with my daughter, I was on a message board, and it first was a TTC (Trying to Concieve)....and if you got preg. you stayed on the board, if not you moved to the next due date. So there was LOTS of fertility talk.....and one of which was CM (Cervical Mucus)...so that stuck with me....for a long time.....THEN...I started going to the Scrapbooking Message boards...and they were talking about CM this and CM that...I'm thinking....gee...that's a friendly bunch of gals...lol....come to find out...it was not THAT....it was CREATIVE MEMORIES.....lol.....OY....I laughed about that for a LONG time!!!

and SHAME on me....my son is 14!!!!! NOT 13...glad HE didn't see it....lol...

and I SOOOOOOO get it about mom. We have (read me with her) some very serious issues. She absolutly refuses to look at me beyond 16-18 years old. I have finally decided to just plain meet her where she is. Have no expectations for her to even TRY and see where I am coming from. She doesn't "get" that I have needs, or things that I wish that OUR relationships could be. It really hurts that the woman I feel closest to, is unable to even hear the words I am speaking. And if I say undestand the words...it means that she HEARD them in the first place, which she doesn't. She clinically lives in her own reality (not mental illness), but if something isn't "right" she ignores it, or tries to make it someone elses problem or fault. She is like a dog with a bone when she gets her head wrapped around something, and then we all pay the price. I keep reminding myself...."not my problem to own".

How I deal now with it, is to just see her for the hurt grown up she is. TRY my hardest to not get my feelings hurt when she refuses to call me on major holidays, even tho I AM her only one, and for pitty sake, what would it take to pick up the phone and say "hey". AND I've told her how important it is to me. When she DOES say something hurtful, or is neglectful, I call her on it if I feel it is important, but I do NOT sit and stew about it anymore. Not worth it.

ANd now to add to the mix, my dad is living in town. They've been divorced for 14 years. I used to stress about them "seeing each other", but no more. You guys are grown up...deal with it, don't get me involved, don't get the kids involved.

ArtLady1981
05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Heather, I understand what you are saying! I hear ya! I think you are right!
You said:"I have finally decided to just plain meet her where she is"

Between any two people that are not quite on the same page...one is more capable of 'walking over to the neighbor's yard to say hi'. Visualize it as that. The important thing is: the more capable one is launching the dialogue necessary to keep a relationship going. If YOU KNOW that YOU ARE the capable one (and you are!), then IT IS 'on you' to initiate...dialogue, contact, love, patience, respect, etc.

If she was a co-worker, or a boss...you could just quit the job and move on. However, being permanently bound by DNA...and history, love, tears, family, etc...you can't just quit the job without also hurting yourself and your children...her grandchildren.

You mentioned that she sees you as 16-17 years old! That is because her love for you began when you were inside her...and her strongest memories of you would be from ages 1-18...or whenever you left her house. You've grown up and matured outside of her home and presence, and she hasn't "seen" you become a woman. She "saw" you begin to talk, begin to walk, skip, run, jump, read, etc. But the "into a woman" growing up occurred outside of her home and presence. Give her time...and give her your time. Be patient.

I think you are a wonderful daughter. Some women of her generation are ill-equipped for this century. They feel at a loss to keep up. Miscommunications are the staple of their day, especially with their children. You are of the New Generation. Help her keep up. You can do it! Your children are observing. By your good example in love and patience, they are learning how to treat you, now and years down the line.

Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself with us, Heather. You are a wonderful, capable young woman. :muah:

I will share this about myself: My mom and I went through similar struggles. I married and left home when I was 17. A real blow to her I think, since I was her only daughter, and my brother was not 'tuned into her'. She was such an emotional fiesty llittle Swede! All love, but lacking in the ability to think things through. Momma reacted...then kissed, cried and made up! Her life revolved around her children, me mostly, and Daddy. No job, no career. A pure homemaker...and a great one! That said, I am the mother of 5...three girls, two boys...ages 41, 36, 34, 30, 28. One of my daughters might feel (and say) about me like you feel about your Mom. I try to step outside of my own skin, and see myself as my daughter may see me. It is really hard. Especially since she refuses to communicate. She handles her issues (whatever they are is a mystery) by "voting me off the Island" at her personal Tribal Counsel, to which she is the only one voting. Me and one of her sisters are both "voted off" right now!

So, I am in the middle of both generations...looking to the past...and looking forward at my children's generation...and try to piece the quilt together! It is the tapesty of life. :pout:

HeatherFeather
05-03-2007, 06:47 AM
first off you called me YOUNG...:) you my new best friend!!!! :)

ya, I know it's all relative...how young/old we feel...

thanks so very much for sharing YOU with us...I'm actually PRINTING this....yes, I am more capable....only the Good Lord knows how. With the BAD modeling of how to do it...I guess I knew in my heart of hearts that THAT was not the way I was going to do it!!!

And you really hit the nail on the head....first tho there must BE communication for miscommunication to happen, but when it does....she just can't say what she means for fear of what?....rejection? So, she'll pussy foot around something, and then when it REALLY gets to the point where she must say what she means, I tell her ...wouldn't it have been easier to just say that in the first place?

Having dad here these last 7 mos. has also really opened my eyes to lots of things. What's important, we did talk about some of the issues that we had growing up, skirting some, but some head on. I was FORCED to eat every scrap of my meals, and I FINALLY was able to tell him WHY I didn't like certain things, and the words tha were said to me by his family that just didn't make sense. I grew up a LOT in that time frame, just being able to talk about these things. Mom can't handle that...that there were problems caused by her. But I guess when she moves here in a couple years, I'll have the same conversations with her......maybe. If not, it's OK.

Well...to add to the crazy mix of life....I picked up 2 kittens last night!!! Ya, like I've got TIME to deal with the babies...lol. One is for dad's birthday which is next week, and we are trying to keep it a secret for him. NOT terribly sure how that is going to work out. My GF offered to keep his baby for him, but she has a black hole for kittens....if I give her to my friend, we'll never get her back!!!!!!!! lol....

So...in the theme of the thread of FInished products...:) How'yall doin??? :)

I've not updated mine in a bit, and need to get over there as the month is marching on!!!

ArtLady1981
05-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi Heather!

Well, back to the topic! I am chugging along on a big project again...a cardigan that is windowpane check. I have the BACK done...and the second piece, the left front, is about halfway. I started participating in another KAL with a few of our Stashie Sisters...BostonBecca started the thread, called 1st Sweater KAL. Everyone participating is knitting a different E-Z pattern, their first-time sweater...previously, all had knit flat pieces like scarves, etc. or hats maybe. Nadja, for example, is an absolutely fabulous accomplished knitter...ever see her work on Year of the Stash....WOW...it is gorgeous...however, she is (was) intimidated by the thought of an actual garment.

Anyhoo, I told someone I would help them walk through their first sweater. So, BostonBecca got the ball rolling...and here we are! I am knitting on something for the KAL as well, and it is 1/3 done. I am using STASH for it. Gift for my daughter for a June event she is attending.

So...my 'finished projects' count isn't increasing greatly...maybe I should do up a dishcloth really fast :teehee: .....no, just joking!

I should have 2 finished projects for May. I got some REWARD yarn from Carodan Farms, a white cotton, for another summer cardigan for myself, for that same June event. It is horribly air-conditioned, and when you have to sit there all day...you absolutely need a sweater! I was super impressed when I peeked in on a BLOGknitalong for that Dollar-and-a-Half cardigan I finished in April. A lady had made her "buck fifty" in fresh white cotton! I liked the look so much, I decided I wanted a classic white sweater, too. My pattern is called MERRY...it is an Elsebeth Lavold design, and pretty easy, although not plain. My yarn is in transit...so...I can begin swatching next week probably. BUT, I must make myself finish these other two projects!

I have one full week of vacation coming May 20-28...up in the mountains with DH. And another full week in June. Should get a lot of knitting done. It is just the two of us, and the dogs...so I can knit like a fool without appearing nutty. Besides, the only friends we have ever invited up...the wife is a knitter like me...two peas in a pod. Both husbands are resigned to the clickety-clicks.

:eyebrow:

ArtLady1981
05-17-2007, 05:28 AM
I'm trying my hardest to get another project done for May!
Unfortunately, my projects are usually 17 skein-ers worth...a cardigan, blanket...etc. So, just a quick hello to tell y'all that I am
a New York Minute from being done with OPAL...an Elsebeth Lavold design! A darling windowpane check cardigan with a lacy collar and lapels and cuffs.

To see it, click HERE (http://www.ingenkonst.se/sjc4_e.htm)
It is a darling little cardigan. I made mine longer than the pattern.

Mine is soft beigy-pink called nude. Will post photos soon. Am on the homestretch. Have BACK, FRONTS, SLEEVES and 35 of the "lace leaves" of the collar done...and then will do the lace cuffs. Got the 10 buttons today. An exact match! Wonderful! Buttons are 'my thing'. Very fussy about good buttons.

So, til later! :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I finished 20 out of 63-7"x7" Squares for a "Crazy Quilt" granddaughter's afghan using Stash Yarn!

Darn. :pout: I wish the 20 completed squares could count for 20 Finished Projects...kinda like dishcloths of a similar size count!

Well, I will be working on this afghan all summer. It is my PLAN B vacation project.

I will seam OPAL after Memorial Day. I am still decompressing from our weeklong vacation in the wilds of Washington State. Takes a day to decompress when we get there...and a day to decompress after we get home. What does that say? :think:

Here is where we were for the week! You can see why the afghan squares are a perfect vacation project. We go here to Nighthawk Summit for one full week in May, June, July, August and October.

madametj
06-17-2007, 05:21 PM
i finally got to add some FOs cause my swapper got me hooked on cotton and i'm knitting dishcloths like crazy!

ArtLady1981
06-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Well...I sure wish that the 37 squares for my granddaughter's Crazy Quilt Afghan counted as 37 FO's! Alas...I must wait and post ONE FINISHED PROJECT after all 48 squares are done...and the seaming is finished! :eyes:

Here is a photo of the 21 squares that I left on the blocking board last week...and the other 16 are getting the 'treatment' tomorrow! :thumbsup:

madametj
06-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Well...I sure wish that the 37 squares for my granddaughter's Crazy Quilt Afghan counted as 37 FO's! Alas...I must wait and post ONE FINISHED PROJECT after all 48 squares are done...and the seaming is finished! :eyes:

Here is a photo of the 21 squares that I left on the blocking board last week...and the other 16 are getting the 'treatment' tomorrow! :thumbsup:

why can't they count? you had to CO and BO each one, didn't you? plus there's just as big as dishcloths.

btw, where did you get the pattern for the diagonal-striped one?

ArtLady1981
06-25-2007, 03:37 AM
WOW! I finally finished a project...all knit, seamed and buttons on!!!

Now I gotta remember how to update my tally!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1942.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_1939.jpg

ArtLady1981
07-04-2007, 09:32 PM
IT IS FINALLY DONE! More details in "Whatcha Knittin" title Laila's Crazy Quilt!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/LailasCrazyQuiltFinishedJuly4200700.jpg

ArtLady1981
07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
TWO MORE PROJECTS finished for July! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

Yeah yeah, so they are 0-3 months baby sweaters! They're done! :thumbsup:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2360.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2359.jpg

ArtLady1981
08-05-2007, 04:23 AM
I got another sweater done! yeah! I started it in June, but had to put it on the back burner until some other projects were done!

This is done with Stash Yarn, too! It is the pattern called TEMPTING. Some of us over in the KAL section are working on it together. 1st Sweater KAL is the thread!

It is a gift for my DD!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/ArtLadyDMB/100_2493.jpg