PDA

View Full Version : Jan, HunterJenn, Cate--take notice!!!

Cristy
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Okay you guys--I have to do this since you guys gave me such a hard time about the "Mercenized" cotton....

Remember how I said I thought the pattern said it that way??? Well, the pattern actually says to use Tahki Cotton Classic and I went to their website a few minutes ago to look up the yardage of that yarn (to reply to you on the KAL, Jan) and when I looked at that yarn...guess what it says????

Take a look for yourself by clicking here (http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Yarns/yarns_detail.asp?CatID=1&New=False&pg=11).

I love you guys but I just HAD to redeem myself a little.... :oops:

Jan in CA
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
:passedout: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I looked it up on dictionary.com and google just to see what they said... Google asked if I really meant mercerized and dictionary.com said there is no such word. :teehee: However... there were a lot of links with the incorrect spelling so you are not alone. ;)

Now watch..someone will find a dictionary that says it IS a word. :roflhard:

Cristy
03-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I just couldn't resist pointing it out...I know I'm sleep deprived w/ the baby here and all but I didn't think I could be off by whole letters!!! :roflhard:

CateKnits
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey, I didn't doubt that you copied it correctly! It just said it wasn't right. :oops: :teehee: I guess they can call their product whatever they want anyway, right?

:muah: Thanks for pointing that out, though. I've never had my name in a topic like that before. :roflhard:

Cristy
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
No problem--someone once called me out too--it was kind of cool to find a whole thread just for me! LOL!

I know you guys were only picking at me and I'm sure they have it wrong--I just thought it was funny...

SandraEllen
03-07-2007, 10:24 AM
maybe the cotton isn't really mercerized. maybe they are trying to say that they hire mercenaries to harvest the cotton and make the yarn. :rofl:

Cristy
03-07-2007, 09:43 PM
That's funny Sandra...my dh said something similar!!!

hunterjenn
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Silly Christy! Oh, man, that is bad, though. Just more proof that the world needs better editors!! :roll: :teehee:

maybe the cotton isn't really mercerized. maybe they are trying to say that they hire mercenaries to harvest the cotton and make the yarn. :rofl:

:thumbsup: Nice. :teehee: :roflhard: