PDA

View Full Version : needed your honest opinions and suggestions

hellokitty165
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I wanted to make my mom a cardigan... she live in Singapore where is hot and humid ... this month till september is extremely humid... but due to her menopause ...she is cold at night... my family members are sweating like pigs ...she put on my very old sweater i used to wear in the office when i was working as a secretary...

what do you suggest for the type of yarn to be used ?? the pattern i picked is the top down raglan... any pattern suggestions is welcome too ..

i like the baby silk from Elann.com ... give me your ideas please.. i had wanted to do this for years ! gooshh.. i cannot wait to get this started

thank you so much for all your help

nadja la claire
03-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I think a light cotton may also be nice. Silk can sometimes be a little on the heavy side. Although I've never used the Baby Silk.

I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Silver
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
How about a twin set cardigan and sleeveless tank? Matching colors, but different fibers. Make the tank in a cotton, and the cardigan in a soft merino or merino/cotton blend. That way she can take it off when she's hot, and put it on when she's cold.

hellokitty165
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
she is not into tank too much... the sweater she wear at home (which is mine ) i think the material is fleece i believe ! it ridiculous so hot in singapore ...most of the time is around 90 degrees F but her menopause is creating the havoc here... i thought of merino wool but cannot decide whether to get baby merino ...extra fine merino or regular merino... hmmm SIGH !

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I recently bought a great button-down cabled sweater (clearance at the Gap). It's 50% cotton, 38% acrylic, and the rest polyester.

It is the SOFTEST sweater I have ever worn. I'm very cold natured, so I know about sweaters. This one is the BEST. I don't know if it's the blend or not. All I know is that I feel so good when I wear it.

If you would like, I can take a picture later.

hellokitty165
03-07-2007, 12:13 PM
yes i would like to see it ...thank you

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
yes i would like to see it ...thank you

I'll post it later this afternoon, after I get home (probably around 3:30 CST).

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Ok. Here's a picture of my sweater, as promised.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC01930.jpg

hellokitty165
03-08-2007, 03:03 AM
Ok. Here's a picture of my sweater, as promised.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/forauburn/DSC01930.jpg

wow ! very nice ... i like the colour too ! thanks for the pic