PDA

View Full Version : New sock tute is ONLINE!

Silver
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks

I really hope you enjoy it and find it easy to follow. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your comments. I'm always open to suggestions for tutorials, so if you have an idea, don't hesitate to PM me! :)

Special thanks to Auburnchick, MaryS, Kemp and SandraEllen for offering to proofread for me. Their help has been invaluable, and I SO appreciate the time you put into it for me.
:muah:

Chel
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
*happydance* :woot:

a tutorial AND an excuse to buy new addi's. :yay:

iza
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Silver, it looks AWESOME!!! :cheering: I have some yarn ready to try your tutorial, just have to buy some circulars! :happydance:

marykz
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
wow I am really impressed- I love all the detailed pictures and specific instructions. (but then, I'm a geek like that. never too many instructions!) That tutorial makes me think even I could try a sock. Thank you! MKZ

VickyS456
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
:cheering: Thank You! :cheering:

I'm totally pertified to try socks, but you made it look so easy! I'm going to give it a shot.

jeanius80
03-07-2007, 04:24 PM
i am so happy you have this up now!! i haven't made socks yet, but i am not one to be cautious..... :blooby:
as soon as my moms hat/scarf set & dd's dress and bss are done iam gonna do your socks for my hubby! :happydance:

Yarn Doc
03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
You are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

Dangles
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
:woot: :woot:

Thank you :hug: Thank you :cheering: Thank you :muah:

hunterjenn
03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
YAY YAY YAY :woot: !! Thank you, Silver! :notworthy:

losnana
03-07-2007, 07:27 PM
:muah: :muah: :cheering: :cheering: :heart: :heart:

I love toe-up socks, worsted weight socks and magic loop!!! Needless to say, I can't wait to start! Have to finish some cuff downs first. and they're not even worsted. :pout:

hunterjenn
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
:rofl: According to Silver, I'm "crazy adventurous sock newbie!" :happydance:

rebecca
03-07-2007, 07:47 PM
WTG, my friend!!! Absolutely PERFECT tutes! :muah: :muah:

madametj
03-07-2007, 07:54 PM
:cheering: :woot: :happydance: :woot: :cheering:

MERCI BEACOUP! THANK YOU SILVER!!! :muah:

Silver
03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
:oops:
You're very, very, very welcome everyone! I'm glad you're all so excited about it! :)

Jan in CA
03-07-2007, 08:27 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I have to admit that this is the first time I've had more than one project OTN. As soon as the tutorial was finished, I immediately cast on despite being in the middle of the mate for my third pair of socks.

...Go Silver, Go Silver, it's your birthday, it's your birthday...

Sorry...been around too many kids lately (uh...I work with them...DUH!).

Anyhow, THANKS! :muah:

kristinw
03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I am SO going to do this when I am done my Monkey socks!! :cheering: :happydance: Thanks Kristin (who spells her name right :thumbsup: )

DreamWeaver
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I feel kind of bad :oops: I got confused in the begining, with the casting on and toe stuff. Perhaps, for now, I should just do one sock at a time. Three new tecniques is just too much for me :teehee:

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I feel kind of bad :oops: I got confused in the begining, with the casting on and toe stuff. Perhaps, for now, I should just do one sock at a time. Three new tecniques is just too much for me :teehee:

Let me just tell you that I had to frog at least four or five times when I was starting mine. I never frog anything because I am so meticulous. I think that for me, the confusion came in because I didn't know how to switch the needles around. Once I got the hang of this, I started flying.

I'm currently working on turning the heel. I stopped in the middle and forgot where I was, so I frogged back to the beginning of the heel.

Hang in there Dreamweaver. You'll feel so good when you get it!

Orangeus
03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
This is wonderful!

I've been knitting on my first sock (which of course just HAD to be toe-up), in worsted weight, and once I got to the heel, I didn't know what to do, since all the instructions I had found were just patterns, and I didn't feel up to trying to convert them. So it's just been sitting on my desk, looking sadly at me for the past week. Now however....mawhahahha

Silver, you are completely amazing! :notworthy:

Secksiebrat
03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Let me first say I loved your first sock tutorial. That is what I used for my first pair of socks and I did them successfully, I might add :) I was curious to know if later you would be adding the instructions for finger weight yarn like you did on the first tutorial (since at first glance it looks as though you did it only in worsted weight).

I plan to try my first pair in worsted weight, but wanted to adapt it to fingering weight once I got the hang of it.

Thanks!

~danielle~

ChristinaKnits
03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
this is awesome!!! I never expected that you would get it done so quick!!!! woohoooo!!! Thank you, thank you!!!

SandraEllen
03-08-2007, 09:21 AM

You could always practice the toe a few times with just one sock. once you get it, you can start over and work with 2 socks!

The first time I tried this cast on, I had some major problems. It just took a bit of practice.

mwedzi
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Thank you! :cheering: I am so eager to try this. Argh, have to get a couple of things off the needles first. I don't like worsted weight socks, so I'll be making socks with the shortest possible leg and foot portions (perhaps not even wearable?) so I can learn the technique and get to my Yarn Pirate yarn waiting for me.

auburnchick
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Thank you! :cheering: I am so eager to try this. Argh, have to get a couple of things off the needles first. I don't like worsted weight socks, so I'll be making socks with the shortest possible leg and foot portions (perhaps not even wearable?) so I can learn the technique and get to my Yarn Pirate yarn waiting for me.

This is exactly what I'm doing. I'm going through the steps with two different colors of cotton yarn I bought for dishcloths. I made the feet way shorter just to save time. I plan on frogging the socks afterward and reusing the yarn.

Braden
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I started a pair last night. I just turned the heel, and they are going great.

lindakh
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
This is wonderful! I knit my first-ever pair of socks using your original tutorial - the directions are so clear and easy to follow that I had no problems whatsoever. Now I'm excited to try toe-up.

Keep it up!

1to1
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Kristen, I read your warning about not doing this without having made socks before but I'm going to live dangerously and give your tutorial a try.

I'm going to LYS on Friday to pick out yarn and will give it a try this weekend. So if you see someone going down the road to St. Louis doing this :wall: :?? :doh: :wall: on the window it will probably be me.

:muah: :muah: :muah: :happydance: :muah: :muah: :happydance: : :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :happydance: :muah: :muah: :happydance: :muah: :muah: :muah:

auburnchick
03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Kristen, I read your warning about not doing this without having made socks before but I'm going to live dangerously and give your tutorial a try.

I'm going to LYS on Friday to pick out yarn and will give it a try this weekend. So if you see someone going down the road to St. Louis doing this :wall: :?? :doh: :wall: on the window it will probably be me.

Ok...hopefully someone else will be driving, right? :teehee: