PDA

View Full Version : Yarn p0rn :)

kristinw
03-07-2007, 04:41 PM
I am no stashie! My name is Kristin, and I'm a yarn addict :teehee: Proud of it too!!

I wanted to share my new purchases with people that will appreciate it. God bless DH, but he just doesn't get it!

I got some superwash sock yarn from Fearless Fibers (on Etsy), some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, some Austermann Step, some Tofutsies, and some mmmmmm chunky. The mmmm is fabulous and dreamy!! Can you tell sock yarn is my new fascination?? :cheering: I bought KellyK's sock pattern and some yarn to go with it. No picture of that yet though.

Lisa Kay
03-07-2007, 04:45 PM
:heart: Yummy yarn! :heart:

nadja la claire
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Mmm Good!! That is yummy!!! :drool: :inlove:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

rebecca
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh my, I'm having Yarn Hot Flashes over your SWTC sock yarn, I've not yet gotten any...I MUST HAVE SOME....SOOON!!!! Now that i'm feeling better I must catch up on my yarn purchases!

Ingrid
03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
OooOOoooOoooOoo!!!!!!! :heart:

Dangles
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Great purchase! Now, I'm jealous.

Mulderknitter
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I had no idea that Malabrigo came in chunky until the other day when I was in my LYS. What, pray tell, are you going to use it for? I almost :roflhard: bought some but couldn't think of something fast to make with it so I had to leave.... rapidly... running.. out door.... :waah:

Arielluria
03-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Beautiful. As a relative newbie, what's the difference between "sock yarn" and just plain old say Paton's which is what I'm using for my first socks?

mks22300
03-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Ooooh! :heart:

Arielluria
03-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Soooooooo............can someone explain the TITLE of this thread for me? I've seen people mention "yarn p0rn" here before. I figured it was a freudian slip........undoubtedly it has a meaning I have yet to discover. :happydance:

Jan in CA
03-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow..those are gorgeous! :inlove:

auburnchick
03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow! That yarn is so pretty! I'm surprised your camera didn't go into cardiac arrest!

:passedout:

wildforyarn
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Do you have a link for the fearless fiber that you purchased? I love it! And the mmmmm chunky! Wow, I have to find me some of that!!!

kristinw
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
mulder - I'm not really sure what I will knit with the mmm. I got 3 skeins (I think it is only about 120 yds per). Probably a lovely scarf for me!

Lu - well I don't want to write p0rn so it comes up in searches. You know what I mean?

Sara - Here (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=32548) is the link for Fearless Fibers. They have a shop on Etsy. I got the superwash merino in Sublime. She has some beautiful colors and super fast shipping!

I'm so glad everyone here appreciates my yarn! No one IRL "gets" it! :roflhard: :shrug:

psammeadred
03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Beautiful. As a relative newbie, what's the difference between "sock yarn" and just plain old say Paton's which is what I'm using for my first socks?

Sock yarn is usually:

Lightweight (fingering to sportweight)
Superwash wool, sometimes with nylon for durability
Plied (several strands spun together) and non-fuzzy

I'm especially loving the Fearless Fibers...yum yum!

wildforyarn
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I got sucked in by Fearless Fibers. I purchased a skein of sock yarn. 550 yards. Great prices too! Love the colors! Can't wait to receive it.

Aquaria
03-08-2007, 01:48 AM
:drool:
What do they wanna be when they grow up? :teehee:

GinnyG
03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I think I've "officially" joined the yarn addict catagory. I'm taking a half day vacation today to hit a yarn sale at my LYS. But the worst part is, I told DH that I was taking a hlaf day to get a jump on the weekend laundry. My hope is to get my purchses in the house and squirreled away in my stash rack before he gets home :flirt:

Is that a BAD SIGN????????????

Braden
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
woah, nice yarn.

aineepooh1
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I am :heart: the Malabrigo Chunky~ what is the color name pray tell~!!
I :heart: chunky yarns~! :cheering: :cheering:

aineepooh1
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I am :heart: the Malabrigo Chunky~ what is the color name pray tell~!!
I :heart: chunky yarns~! :cheering: :cheering:

aineepooh1
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I did it again~!! DOUBLE POST :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sorry Ya'll :doh:

feministmama
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Soooooooo............can someone explain the TITLE of this thread for me? I've seen people mention "yarn p0rn" here before. I figured it was a freudian slip........undoubtedly it has a meaning I have yet to discover. :happydance:

its an expression we use to say "I just got some new yarn, come look at it and drool" and using the number 0 for the letter o helps cut down on people searching for pictures of nekkid people.

feministmama
03-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Oops, kristinw already answered this question. I didn't see the next page :oops:

KathyinCali
03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
It's all so beautiful! :)

Arielluria
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I think I've "officially" joined the yarn addict catagory. I'm taking a half day vacation today to hit a yarn sale at my LYS. But the worst part is, I told DH that I was taking a hlaf day to get a jump on the weekend laundry. My hope is to get my purchses in the house and squirreled away in my stash rack before he gets home :flirt:

Is that a BAD SIGN????????????Very bad..........veeeeeeeery bad! But for a slight fee, I promise not to tell your DH! ;)

Arielluria
03-08-2007, 12:08 PM

its an expression we use to say "I just got some new yarn, come look at it and drool" and using the number 0 for the letter o helps cut down on people searching for pictures of nekkid people.Thanks for the explanation. I knew why the "0" was used instead of "o"...........but am still not clear on the meaning. I guess it means you are addicted to it and lust for it. :) I know I do!

aineepooh1
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Arielluria

You go the right idea.. also only yarn lovers can undestand what it means to have a

~~~YARNGASM~~!!!!

It feels so good to be so bad~!!! :roflhard:

Arielluria
03-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Arielluria

You go the right idea.. also only yarn lovers can undestand what it means to have a

~~~YARNGASM~~!!!!

It feels so good to be so bad~!!! :roflhard:Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

So what constitutes foreplay?.............Teasing someone with a good buy on yarn?!?

I want to hear some more good Knitting puns. I posted Yarn Puns & Jokes (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=401588#401588). I want to hear more!

IrishKnitter
03-09-2007, 12:09 AM
kristinw,

what colorway is the malabrigo? I'm just curious...I :heart: :heart: :heart: the chunky malabrigo too! I think I might even like it better than the worsted weight...

kristinw
03-09-2007, 09:17 AM
THe malabrigo colorway is called Brisa #244. I don't even see it listed on their site. It is seriously one of the prettiest pink/purple colors I've ever seen! :drool: :drool: :heart:

Here is another picture of just the mmmmmm.

hydeemarie
03-09-2007, 02:29 PM
gasp :noway: and moan :eyes: :teehee: