PDA

View Full Version : discountyarnsale.com?

jeanius80
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
anyone have experience buying yarn from here? (http://www.discountyarnsale.com/default.cfm)

the prices seem great...good or bad customer service? quality? thanks

Ingrid
03-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I've ordered from them before, especially when I buy a bag of something. They take a bit longer than other places, but they say that right out in their FAQ's, I believe. Some of their yarns are special-ordered and take weeks, but they also are up front about that, too.

Other than that, I've had very good luck with them.

sara_jayne
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
I ordered from them once because of their prices. Unfortunatley my yarn was on back order so I had to wait 8 weeks to get it, however, their customer service was excellent and I had personal e-mails during that time updating me to where my yarn was and I really appreciated that. Despite waiting that long for yarn last time I would order from them again.

Braden
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
They take longer to get it to you, but other than that, they're really good

Kirochka
03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I've ordered from them once, and had no problem with the order. I don't know what their customer service is like, but then again I had no need of them, which is a good thing... :shrug:

Abbily
03-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I actually just compared some of their prices to Joann (just on cheaper yarns, I don't need anything fancy right now) and their prices are only a few cents cheaper- and shipping is more! So I bought what I needed at Joann.

Just an observation- but like I said, I didn't compare fancier yarn prices, so...

anngellica
04-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I ordered from DiscountYarnSale.com and am finding it impossible to get a status update on my order. "Customer Service" doesn't reply to email requests for info and it is impossible to locate a phone number. I should have known better than to order from an online retailer that refuses to provide contact info.

My question is simple ~ I just need to know when the order will arrive, regardless of how long it will take, so that I can plan for upcoming classes accordingly. If I don't hear from them today I'll be contacting my bank to freeze my credit card account. DaRn!