PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like you can't stop?

Kaydee
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Lately I've found myself unable to stop knitting....I'll be ready to go to sleep but I just don't want to stop. Its not like I'm working on anything that exciting, just a K2 P2 scarf but I'm just so into it. I'll say to myself that I'll do one more row, then I'll think ok two more rows. It just keeps going and the next thing I know, and hour has gone by! :teehee:

GinnyG
03-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I find myself daydreaming about knitting while at work!!

Ingrid
03-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I find that there a many, many nights I have to force myself to stop. I could probably continue until the wee hours except for that stoopid getting up for work thing. :!!!:

Krautie
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh yes I know it too!

I think it's a little bit like being in a state of trance :D

aineepooh1
03-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Yep~!! My other weakness is getting home late from work and posting on a certain knitting website... WAY past my bedtime~!! :eyebrow:

syndactylus
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes!

And after a couple of days with my eyes just killing me, I've found that I don't even blink while knitting lately - so I really need to get my glasses fixed so I can wear them instead of contacts. :wall:

GennyLynn1962
03-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Yep, I've done it too!

I'll knit until I get soooo tired that I start screwing up the knitting, then I stop, that is.... unless.... I talk myself into frogging and getting back to where I was at when I screwed up. :teehee:

Abbily
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Count me in! I find myself getting irritated when my dd's ballet lesson is over because that's one of my few knitting times!

Carey

Cristy
03-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I find that lately I groan when ds wakes from his nap b/c it usually means I have to put the needles down....lately, his daytime naps are the only time I get to knit.

Braden
03-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I find myself that way a lot, and most of the time, I knit for hours before I stop.

Kaydee
03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll knit until I get soooo tired that I start screwing up the knitting, then I stop, that is.... unless.... I talk myself into frogging and getting back to where I was at when I screwed up. :teehee:

I do that too...it gets late and I start messing up. I always seem to convince myself to frog and keep going though.

rebecca
03-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Sounds about normal to me :wink:

auburnchick
03-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I find that there a many, many nights I have to force myself to stop. I could probably continue until the wee hours except for that stoopid getting up for work thing. :!!!:

Oh, me too! That and my college classes! Aaarrrggghhh!!!

I LOVED my Christmas vacation. Two and a half weeks off...no classes, no work (I work @ a school)...nothing but the knitting. :)

I have discovered the point where I do need to stop knitting. If I make more than a couple of mistakes on an easy row (or round), then it's time to stop for the night. It's only going to get worse.

ecuzzacrea
03-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Absolutely! More so lately too because my knitting time is limited. I've started school again full time and I'm still working full time. My free time went out the door quicker than I care to think about. Free time = Knitting time :verysad:

newamy
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I find myself getting irritated when my dd's ballet lesson is over because that's one of my few knitting times!

I just got back from my ballet class knitting time! But the usual hour has recently been only 1/2 and hour because of needing to run an errand during class time. The problem is that the socks I'm working on usually only get worked on at ballet lately so I really need more time there...

I dream about knitting too. Last night I dreamed I was trying to go to someones house to knit. But then I had to leave and get my needles. Then on the way back I had to walk down a grassy path and was chased by dogs! I woke to escape the dogs and never got to knit.

misha rf
03-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Me too. Used to be that I'd read all the time. Now all it seems that I want to do is knit. And the book pile grooooooows. I really need to look into audiobooks!

Aquaria
03-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Ohhh! Me! Me! :happydance: I'm definitely the kind of person you are talking about! :teehee:
My mom gets mad at me when I don't go to sleep early because of knitting :rofl: But I just couldn't help it... Even though I had PROMISED to stop after one more row or so, I always seem to forget... or just don't want to stop :shrug:

It's good to know that I'm not the only one having this sort of problem! :teehee:

sarahlilly
03-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Oh yeah, that's me. I do that all the time.

Rennagayle
03-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Yep, count me in as an obsessed knitter. Anytime I'm not knitting, all I can think about is how I can't wait until I can be knitting again. I've even caught myself sitting in church listening to the preacher, thinking how I could easily listen to what he's saying and be doing some mindless knitting... :thinking: :oops: :mrgreen:

I have discovered the point where I do need to stop knitting. If I make more than a couple of mistakes on an easy row (or round), then it's time to stop for the night. It's only going to get worse.

Nathalie, I'm the same way. I've discovered it just isn't worth it to continue on past a certain point, as I end up spending more time unknitting than knitting. :frog:

Rorshach
03-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Yup, but then it's usually due to a project that I'm doing that absotively has to be done that minute.

Braden
03-10-2007, 11:59 PM
I just get so into a project, that I don't stop for at least an hour or so.

bip
03-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, and especially this last few months. Sometimes I will tell DH, "Honey, can you go to the bathroom for me? I have to finish this sweater so I can't get up."

Last weekend I had sooo much to do, but I couldn't stop knitting so I never even left the house!

Yarn Doc
03-11-2007, 01:32 PM
We are addicted.

One of the major signs of addiction (to anything) is that it interferes with our daily life and functioning. Staying up to the wee hours, neglecting our other duties, etc., are all signs of addiction.

I have caught myself knitting stockinette in the round while dozing off. My mind if asleep, but my fingers are still going around and around. It's usually WAY past my bedtime when this happens. :)