PDA

View Full Version : WONDERFUL WALLABY

GinnyG
03-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I just purchased the pattern, yarn and signed up for a class (starts April 2) to make a Wallaby. I have never taken an official "knitting class" and hope to unlearn some of my self taugh bad habits.

Wondered if anyone else has made this pattern, if so how did it go?

ctmax
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I have made this pattern lots of times. It is a simple pattern. I find the pattern is made for skinny kids though, not that mine are overly big but they like things a little bagger than what the pattern did. All I did was go up one size than I was going to make and adjust the pattern length for the body and sleeves and they would come out perfect.

tarrentella
03-14-2007, 05:46 AM
oh i thought you where actually kntting a wallaby. i thought tht would be great -
:cheering: does anybody have a pattern for a cuddly little wallaby?

GinnyG
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

No, it's a sweater. I'm doing the Adult version.

Duckling326
03-16-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm not making this but I found this link of FAQ's http://home.earthlink.net/~adbatiste/WW_FAQ.html#def

she11y
03-16-2007, 08:45 AM
This was the first sweater that I made. I made it for my 7 year old daughter. I always shied away from sweaters because I didn't think I'd have the attention to finish them. The LYS suggested that I make the sweater out of Malabrigo yarn and she was so right. I enjoyed the yarn so much that I finished the sweater in a week. The pattern was a lot of fun. I agree that the sweater runs on the skinny side. Now I am hooked on sweaters. Have fun!

GinnyG
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks, I am making the Adult version....hope it doesn't run skinny cause I'M NOT :oops:

I gotta get me some malibrigo, I've heard just too much about it!!!!

Knitalia
03-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm knitting a Wallaby right now. I'll post a pic when I finish it. I have attached the sleeves & am just starting the yoke. I'm also taking a class at my LYS for this one. I found the pattern a little diff to follow. Maybe because this is my 1st sweater.