PDA

View Full Version : OT: I don't usually do this: movie recommendation

psammeadred
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I don't usually recommend any movies, but this time I'll make an exception: Go see Amazing Grace! It's one of the best films I've seen. I tend to dislike movies that I'm "supposed to like," but this is one that really is worth seeing.

For those of you who haven't heard, Amazing Grace is the story of William Wilberforce, one of the main English abolitionists. It's a well-told story; even though we all know what happens, the passion of a few people to change a national dogma is beyond inspiring.

When you think about what one man accomplished...wow. It really challenged me to think about how many people I could help and what I could change with my life.

brendajos
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
I am a big fan of movies and go to just about anything that isn't a comedy and doesn't have certain actors in it. So the fact that I went to this movie wasn't that surprising and the fact that it is just the type of movie that i almost always love completely isn't that surprising to people who really know me.

That being said, I saw this movie the weekend it came out and I have seriously considered seeing it again, even in the theatre. I LOVED IT. And something happened in the movie that I have NEVER seen happen before in a movie. It got to the end, the credits were rolling, and NOBODY moved out of their seats. Usually people are running to the door as soon as the credits start like there is a fire and NOBODY got up from their seat at all. When it was over everybody in the theatre applauded. Now of course I have been there when that happened but I was completely taken back by the fact that people sat through the beginning credits all the way through (yeah they didn't stick around for the camera men and all that) It really is worth seeing! :heart:

Rennagayle
03-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I have heard nothing but good reports about this movie. You guys have heightened my desire to see that movie!

Vendie
03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
My husband and I saw previews for that and wondered what it was about. Looks very interesting! Thanks for the good review.

Arielluria
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
:hug: Thanks for the review! I find so FEW movies I want to shell out big bucks to see anymore!!!!!!!!!!!