PDA

View Full Version : FO:Basketweave Baby Blanket

AnotherBecca
03-10-2007, 08:33 AM
My 2nd blanket! I really finished this just in time--it's a gift for a baby shower tomorrow, so it will go unblocked, oh well!

This is the Basketweave Blanket from the book Knit Baby Blankets, knit with 2 strands throughout--Lily Sugar n' Cream Rainbow and Red Heart (?--baby soft maybe?) white on the border, same white and Patons Astra hot green in the center.

I actually ran out of white when I got to the top border and had to pull out the glittery thread from a skein of white/iridescent!

nonny2t
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Becca, it is truly lovely!

zip
03-10-2007, 09:23 AM
So pretty! And nice work, too. :heart:

Nikita-amimono
03-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Wow!
Beautiful blanket :heart: :heart:

I like the stitch you used.
Looks really nice!
:blooby:

PS. I noticed you live in Okinawa!
Cool! Are you in Military, by any chance??

Niki

xxx

AnotherBecca
03-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank you, thank you!

Niki

xxx

My DH is in the military. Where in Italy are you? We used to be stationed at Aviano a few years ago (I loved it!!)

melissa.atkins
03-10-2007, 01:23 PM
It is so prettY!! How did you make the border? Did you make it while knitting the blanket or seamed it afterwards?

Jan in CA
03-10-2007, 02:26 PM
It's beautiful!

Nikita-amimono
03-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Thank you, thank you!

Niki

xxx

My DH is in the military. Where in Italy are you? We used to be stationed at Aviano a few years ago (I loved it!!)

Hi, Becca! :star:

I live in Cuneo, Piemonte.
Glad you loved Italy. I love here, too.

I'm Japanese, by the way. My DH is Italian and that's why I'm here. :inlove:

I visited your scrap booking site.
Hey, you are really good ! I loved the way you express yourself.

Niki

:waving:

AnotherBecca
03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
It is so prettY!! How did you make the border? Did you make it while knitting the blanket or seamed it afterwards?

I couldn't stand the thought of seaming the border afterwards, so I tried making it while knitting. I knitted the white yarn all the way across, and twisted the green with the multi-colored each time I got to the border. It looks right in most places... in some places though, the twisted part looks a bit loose. I was able to fix most of it with my yarn needle, just by pulling up the backside of each stitch. That was not fun, so I didn't do the whole thing!

VickyS456
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
awesome job! I love the border, what a great idea (I'm not one for seaming, either!)

sara_jayne
03-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Fabulous! I love the border, such a great contrast to the lovely green!

chee7e
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
how fun! way to avoid standard "baby" colors.

melissa.atkins
03-12-2007, 11:57 PM

I couldn't stand the thought of seaming the border afterwards, so I tried making it while knitting. I knitted the white yarn all the way across, and twisted the green with the multi-colored each time I got to the border. It looks right in most places... in some places though, the twisted part looks a bit loose. I was able to fix most of it with my yarn needle, just by pulling up the backside of each stitch. That was not fun, so I didn't do the whole thing!

I think it looks great... was it hard to work with three balls of yarn hanging? :??

AnotherBecca
03-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Yes it was hard to have the three balls hanging. The white was content to sit in a basket next to me, but the green & multi-color were a bit of a pain. As long as I took the time to untwist them as I went along, things were fine. If I didn't...well, let's just say the blanket would have been finished a lot sooner had I not had to untangle a few times!

YouCantBuyThisMovement
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I love love love the stitch! So does my mom lol I may have to make her one to lounge around with.

mari_13
03-16-2007, 08:17 PM
That came out so nice! That's the best use of basketweave I've seen yet! Great job!