PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with this yarn?

cds11
03-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I'm just cruising around ebay... and saw some yarn that might be nice... But I'm not sure what I would do with it... lol! But.. it could be fun.. I just don't know enough yet to know if this is something I would be able to use, and what for.. So, here's the info given:

100% cashmere wool yarn for machine or hand knitting
250yard skein, approx yarn weight 45g (1.5 oz)
Yarn count / thickness "fingering weight", 50/140Tex
This yarn is a 2 ply, one tight spun of 50 Tex (1/20NM) and one soft spun of 140Tex (1/7NM, and will knit similarly to the fingering weight yarns described here:
http://www.colourmart.com/cashmere/knitprops.htm

So, any ideas on what I could make... and how much of it I would need? (Keep in mind I'm fairly new to knitting...)

Thanks!

Cristy
03-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Socks came to mind first although they'd be rather delicate socks...the weight is good for socks but there isn't enough yardage...wool is great for socks but I don't know how well cashmere would hold up...

of troy
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
a cowl? in a lace?

what are your skills?

candicane
03-12-2007, 12:33 PM
There is a sweater pattern called "thermal" over on Knitty that uses fingering weight yarn. There is a knit along for it at Craftser. I was eyeing yarn from colourmart too. If I end up buying it, I will pay the extra $ to have them wash it.

candice

cds11
03-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Hmmmm... thanks for the ideas everyone...

I'll have to think about this a little more, and maybe hold off for awhile on it.. I've already got a few other project going on, and I thought this might be fun stuff to work with (for some reason cashmere sounds like fun...) but I think I should get a little better before giving this stuff a try (I'm almost finished my second dishcloth.. lol..)

Thansk again! :muah: