PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious knitting v. crochet video

PCwombat
03-12-2007, 12:06 AM
I found a link to this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcUjYpjKZsthis) on youtube. It's a mockumentary about the social hardships crocheters go through.

Hilarious.

Braden
03-12-2007, 12:13 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jenelle
03-12-2007, 01:13 AM
:rofl: :roflhard:

cds11
03-12-2007, 01:21 AM
That's great! I passed it on to my friend that crochets...

callmesusan
03-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I can't find the video!!!!!! :wall:

cds11
03-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Try copying and pasting this into your web browser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcUjYpjKZs

HamaLee
03-12-2007, 02:56 AM
:roflhard: :rofl:
Ah, that was great--thanks!

I think my favorite part was the guy's retort about sweaters:

"Of course sweaters that you knit me--I don't wear other people's sweaters."

Hehe...just the indignation and injured tone to his voice made me laugh out loud.

Jessica Cobb
03-12-2007, 03:58 AM
That was so funny. So if people like t-shirts, people like knitting! ! :teehee:

HamaLee I love your avatar! Is that an American Pit Bull Terrier?

Quietheart
03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
lol Anyone notice it's a knit dishcloth in the beginning? lol
The exact dishcloth that made me learn to knit to be able to make! *giggle*
But I still crochet, too! :)

Kath

HamaLee
03-12-2007, 09:01 AM

Nope, he's the muttiest of mutts. He's pretty cute though, and devilishly smart!

I adopted him in July, he was a stray so the shelter's best guess was mostly shepard of some kind...possibly some Basenji. My family thinks there might be some Pit in there because he has a barrel chest--but people tend to think a vast array of breeds are "pit bulls." I like to use this "Find the Pit" test (http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html) to illustrate that. :thumbsup:

Personally--I got totally suckered by the one straight up ear and the one floppy ear. :teehee:

mwedzi
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh man, that was so worth waiting getting to work for (no dial up at home). That was priceless. The little waver in her voice as she says "and they just sent them back to me." The "it's not in the eyes, it's behind the eyes." :rofl: I share your pain, sister!

cathoo
03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Lettuce Knit (One of the stores in the video) is an awesome yarn store. It was cool that they let them film. I haven't been to the other one though :pout:

Yarn Doc
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG that is HILARIOUS!! I love it! I'm going to forward the link to my cousin, who is a crocheter. God I love it. Thank you for posting this! :D

carmabelle1191
03-12-2007, 05:54 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
I have to show this to my mom! She's a crocheter. Thanks for posting that, it just made my day.

iza
03-12-2007, 06:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh that is so funny! It's very well-acted.

nadja la claire
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Jessica Cobb
03-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Nope, he's the muttiest of mutts. He's pretty cute though, and devilishly smart!

I adopted him in July, he was a stray so the shelter's best guess was mostly shepard of some kind...possibly some Basenji. My family thinks there might be some Pit in there because he has a barrel chest--but people tend to think a vast array of breeds are "pit bulls." I like to use this "Find the Pit" test (http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html) to illustrate that. :thumbsup:

Personally--I got totally suckered by the one straight up ear and the one floppy ear. :teehee:

Well, in my opinion those cute little mutts are the best kind of dogs. I just love 'em. His head just looked like it had that APBT shape to it. I could see him having some Basenji in him also. And those ears! They're adorable!

I know what you mean about the "pit bull" label a good bit of dogs get. Some people don't seem to understand 'pit bull' isn't a breed, its a generalization of a good bit of breeds, buuut it happens. I'm a sucker for the bullies. :teehee:

Julie
03-12-2007, 10:02 PM
You know what's funny -- the guy knitter is the same guy in the hugging video -- you know, the one who went around hugging strangers and got everyone to hug each other? :rofl:

amy
03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
:roflhard: OMG, that was hilarious!

There's one LYS in my area that is just like the people in that video! Except that they don't save their wrath for crochetters, they're superior to everyone. :rollseyes:

Kath, I totally noticed the dishcloth. :teehee: