PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

leexlee33
03-15-2007, 07:08 PM
hey! my name is elysia and i come on this website very often. i have a pattern that i have been so excited about and finally found one i loved- a chevron scarf. i started today, but i came across a problem! this is an emergency :pout: . the pattern link is http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/shimmer_chev_scarf.html . it is a
chevron scarf that i absolutely LOVE. i'm doing great, except for one
part- at the end, i keep ending up with 3 extra stiches (not including
the 2 reserved for the knit stich). the first row it happened i just thought it
was a mistake and i took them off the needles and knit them in with
the rest. but now, i keep ending off with those same extra stiches! i
don't know what to do :wall: - keep knitting it in? do what i did with the
first row? the rest of the scarf looks great and it is just the way i
want it. i would appreciate so much if someone could help me. thanks! -e :eyebrow:

Ingrid
03-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Row 1: K2, *inc 1 by knitting in back and front of next K st, K4, sl 1, k2 tog, psso, K4, inc in back and front of next st*, repeat between *'s twice more, end with K2.
Row 2: K2, P39, K2

Repeat these two rows for Chevron pattern.

Are you knitting 2 together when doing the sl, k2tog, psso? That's easy to miss.

Also, are you doing the increase as a knit in the front and back of the stitch? Sometimes people do a M1 increase instead, and that leaves them with extra stitches.

Those are the only things I can think of that would throw your pattern off.

leexlee33
03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Are you knitting 2 together when doing the sl, k2tog, psso? That's easy to miss.

Also, are you doing the increase as a knit in the front and back of the stitch? Sometimes people do a M1 increase instead, and that leaves them with extra stitches.

Those are the only things I can think of that would throw your pattern off.

i am doing the k2tog definitley. and i believe i am doing the increase as a knit stich but i am not positive. what is a m1 stich? thank you for your help!

Ingrid
03-15-2007, 09:54 PM
A M1 increase is done between stitches. A kfb (knit front and back) uses a stitch.

Row 1: K2, *inc 1 by knitting in back and front of next K st, K4, sl 1, k2 tog, psso, K4, inc in back and front of next st*, repeat between *'s twice more, end with K2.

k2 = 2

*inc = 1
k4 = 4
sl, k2tog, psso = 3
k4 = 4
inc = 1*

* to * equals 13 stitches, times 3 = 39

k2 = 2

leexlee33
03-16-2007, 09:10 AM
A M1 increase is done between stitches. A kfb (knit front and back) uses a stitch.

k2 = 2

*inc = 1
k4 = 4
sl, k2tog, psso = 3
k4 = 4
inc = 1*

* to * equals 13 stitches, times 3 = 39

k2 = 2

that was actually the first thing i did- add up every stitch i did, triple count each stitch and row. i have ripped it out so many times and the same thing keeps happening. i cast on the 43, count that so many times. then i knit the first 2 rows, and the row 1 of chevron goes great- i use stitch counters seperating the first 2, then the next 13, then the next 13, and the next 13. once there are 39 stitches on the needle, i look at the other needle and see 3 extra stitches. thank you so much for your help. but i just dont kniow what is going on...it is also so hard to do this over the internet. :verysad: