PDA

View Full Version : My Frustration with Little Knits (edited 3/23)

zkimom
03-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to vent a bit cause I am so steamed :!!!: that it has taken so long to get my yarn from LittleKnits. I ordered the stuff on the 2nd of March and I just got a notice that due to a train delay my package is still somewhere in Massachusetts and probably won't get here until Monday. :wall: :wall: :wall:

I guess that is what you get when you pay standard shipping and order online from across the country.

Just wanted to let you all know that they aren't quite so snappy in delivering the goods, even though the price is nice.

So if you have a project you want to get to anytime soon, either upgrade the shipping and pay extra or go to your LYS.

I'm so disappointed. I was really looking forward to being snowed in with my Noro Big Kureyon and making my market bag. :verysad:

letah75
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
That sucks. I just ordered NORO from them about two weeks ago. I ordered on Thursday, March 1st, and got it Monday, March 5th. I didn't pay extra shipping.......

I wonder what happend.

auburnchick
03-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Hmmm...I've only had good experiences ordering from them too.

It sounds like this might be one of those unusual things. Was the yarn on backorder?

Hang in there.

Ingrid
03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
My orders have gotten to me quickly, too. What a shame for you. :pout:

CarmenIbanez
03-16-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm so sorry! I ordered from them yesterday and it shipped the same day. I hope mine gets here fast. There's nothing worse than waiting around for yarn!

mwedzi
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Well that sucks. I've gotten quick service from them. So tragic, you without your yarn, and your poor yarn, sitting on some cold train in MA, all alone, frightened . . .

dustinac
03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
:pout: I'm sorry.. I have always gotten my orders from them quick as well.. only problem I had was my very first order but they couldn't get to the shop cause of the weather.. once they got to the shop it took them no time to get the order to me... I hope you get it soon...

XbelovedXoneX
03-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I had a small problem w/ them on my first order. For some reason my card wasn't charged and it hadn't been shipped. But when I called I spoke to the owner who was really nice and got everything taken care of right away. It's been shipped, now I'm just waiting for it to get here. I would probably be more upset if the yarn was for something I was itching to cast on.

zkimom
03-16-2007, 12:44 PM
That sucks. I just ordered NORO from them about two weeks ago. I ordered on Thursday, March 1st, and got it Monday, March 5th. I didn't pay extra shipping.......

I wonder what happend.

You are on the same coast as they are -- I wonder if that made the difference?

zkimom
03-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Well that sucks. I've gotten quick service from them. So tragic, you without your yarn, and your poor yarn, sitting on some cold train in MA, all alone, frightened . . .

:waah:

(Just what I needed -- a pity party! -- You'd think I didn't have anything OTN to finish. Poor, poor me :flirt: )

kristinw
03-16-2007, 12:48 PM
That stinks! I have always had good luck ordering from them.

Compulsive
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I had no problems ordering from Little Knits. Maybe the past three weeks of blizards, severe thunderstorms, flooding & tornadoes from the northern midwest down to the Gulf of Mexico may be the cause. I usually get items from a bookstore in Washington state within 7 days from placing my order to me in the Mid-West, but recently waited 2 weeks and 3 days. I blame the recent weather this past month for the delay.

Were I live we received almost 4 feet of snow over two weekends, and traveling was a mess to the point flights were canceled & delayed for days, stores closed early, and mail was delayed.

Weather in other parts of the county indirectly affects us, too.

:hug: I hope your yarn arrives soon. :hug:

letah75
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM

It could be. Are there weather problems out thata way? I know how hard it is to wait for yarn, when you want it NOW!!! Especially when they say shipping will only take ____ long.

The first time I ordered from Knitpicks it took a little over 3 weeks to get my yarn. Of course I ordered it when everyone in the midwest and north east were snowed in and thought they'd never get out.

Because of that my yarn got stuck between Ohio and here. But the next time I ordered from them it only took 5 days to get to me.

For all our modern conviencies sometimes Mother Nature will still win.

I hope you get your yarn soon!

cinnybuns
03-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Unfortuantly the company cannot be blamed for a delay onroute to your location. If the package should be lost, then they are responsiable to replace or refund your purchase. However it sucks when things are delayed like my knitpicks right now is on it's 15th day missing :pout: I did however call the company and they will be sending out another package to me. I hope yours get to you sooner than mine will. Until then :hug:

zkimom
03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok,

I feel a little better -- just got an email from Sue at Little Knits -- it won't make my order get here any faster (besides we are being slammed with snow after it being close to 70 degrees just a couple of days ago so I can't imagine anything getting anywhere on time here in the Northeast) but it helped to be acknowledged.

Now you can all go about your business and feel free to order from LittleKnits as before. (I know you were all planning a huge boycott in my honor :teehee: )

Best,
Susan

Limey
03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi

Sorry about your stuff being delayed, it's really FRUSTRATING :!!!: when you want to get cracking on something and your left waiting.

I've been trying to work out the US Mail system for some time now (relentless optimist) - I just don't know why it is that if I mail something from the UK, it takes about three days to reach California and about 10 days to get to Maine.

Stuff I've sent to MN by International Signed For has taken almost two weeks, yet early in February my friend received a card from me about three days after I'd mailed it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - fingers crossed your package will arrive soon.

All the Best
Limey

bip
03-16-2007, 03:53 PM

I wonder what happend.

I don't think so. I'm in MA and have ordered from them twice recently and had everything get here quickly.

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 04:01 PM
I also have ordered from Littleknits and both times the package was late.. the 1st time was about 2 weeks the second about 1 week.. BUT BOTH TIMES.. they emailed to tell me what had happened and apologized for the inconvenience and refunded my express delivery charge both times~ 'I think the weather is just a huge obstacle for them..
BUT: I STILL :heart: :heart: THEM: because I :heart: :heart: their prices or nicer yarns AND they give good customer service to let me know what happened and they try to make it right for me :thumbsup:

That is GOOD customer service in my mind: BUT got fingers crossed your goodies get here soon~ :pray:

Yarn Doc
03-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know...I had a semi-bad experience with them. It's a very long story, so I'll try to condense it. I ordered 3 skeins of Lady Godiva (about $90 total), and wanted to exchange it for a different color. Called them, was told it was fine. Sent it back to them via UPS to the address that was on the packing slip.

3 weeks went by, and no response. I called, left messages, wrote emails. Nothing. This really pissed me off. So finally I got ahold of Sue, who told me she knew nothing of it, never received it, never authorized a return. Of course, by that point I was freaking out. $100 worth of yarn gone. And she wan't very nice about the whole thing either. But after a little big, she softened and helped me track it down. Turns out the address on the packing slip was an old address at their PREVIOUS location (gee, thanks for letting me know) and when UPS couldn't find them, they shipped the package back to me. I haven't received it yet.

In Little Knits defense, they are going to ship the correct color back to me with free shipping. But I will probably not be ordering from them again any time soon. :(

Braden
03-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I'll be careful. Thanks for the tip, I hate it when online yarn stores are like that.

boyforpele13
03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm nervous now, placed an order yesterday afternoon, got the confirmation e-mail, but they have yet to charge my credit card... I don't want to pester them yet though.

dustinac
03-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm nervous now, placed an order yesterday afternoon, got the confirmation e-mail, but they have yet to charge my credit card... I don't want to pester them yet though.

When I order from them I will usually get a confirmation and then when they ship I get another e-mail and that is when Ive been charged... :thumbsup:

janelanespaintbrush
03-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Just wanted to vent a bit cause I am so steamed :!!!: that it has taken so long to get my yarn from LittleKnits. I ordered the stuff on the 2nd of March and I just got a notice that due to a train delay my package is still somewhere in Massachusetts and probably won't get here until Monday. :wall: :wall: :wall:

So I don't quite understand... exactly when did LK ship the package and who notified you of the delay? I can see why you'd be mad at the store if they took a long time to fulfill an order for an in-stock item, but a "train delay" sounds like something out of their control. Was it that they took a long time to ship, and to make matters worse, a train delay that happened to occur while the package was en route exacerbated your frustration even though it wasn't technically their fault?

knitasha
03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Please give them a break.

If they shipped in a timely fashion (and that seems to be their habit), it's not fair to blame them for a transportation glitch that is out of their control. At least they tracked down the problem and informed you about it. This sounds like a responsible company. You'll get your yarn and you'll enjoy it all the more for having waited.

Sorry, but put in perspective (global warming, massacres in Darfur), does a two-week wait for yarn really warrant so much angst?

RiverDaughter
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
I never blame anything that's delayed when shipped by train, mainly because I always get to be a delayed package myself when I travel by train. :roflhard:

But, with the weather the way it has been, a delay is to be expected. Just be glad that it's your yarn that was delayed, and not food. The town I live in had a huge problem with getting food shipped in during the Denver blizzards, and most everyone was down to top ramen and soda. Thankfully, because of winter break, the town was at half population, so no one starved.

I do hope my yarn order from LittleKnits comes soon, but I just ordered na hour ago, so I'll give them two weeks, just in case. :happydance:

want2knit
03-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, I was going to say it's not their fault there was a train delay. I ordered from them once and had no problems whatsoever, and with the prices of their yarns, I would be willing to wait up to 2 wks to get my order. They also have great customer service IMO. Sorry you have to wait for your stuff, things happen.

humblestumble
03-23-2007, 03:27 PM
It's probably something to do with the weather or unexpected conditions. Chill... It'll get to you ;) It probably has nothing to do with Little Knits, but moreso the delivery process.

1knittychick
03-23-2007, 03:34 PM
What a bummer for you? I've only ordered yarn, etc. from Patternworks and was pleased with their service. However, OT, I have a problem with Lillian Vernon. Ordered my niece a birthday present on 3/2 (party on 3/18). As of today, still have not received my order. Called them after our mail run this afternoon, told them to cancel, give me my money back and that I would probably not be ordering from them.

zkimom
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
So I don't quite understand... exactly when did LK ship the package and who notified you of the delay? I can see why you'd be mad at the store if they took a long time to fulfill an order for an in-stock item, but a "train delay" sounds like something out of their control. Was it that they took a long time to ship, and to make matters worse, a train delay that happened to occur while the package was en route exacerbated your frustration even though it wasn't technically their fault?

It took a week from the time that I ordered the yarn to the time it was shipped.

I do understand that the train delay was out of their hands, however, it was made all the more frustrating because it was a Friday and I (sniff) had to wait til Monday :pout:

I did get an email from Sue and she apologized that it took so long but she said they had just hired 4 new employees and so things were slower than normal getting sent out.

Of course it isn't the end of the world that I had to wait for my yarn and I did order more yarn and plan to continue to order from LittleKnits -- their selection is great and their prices are just as lovely.

However, when one is addicted and hasn't had a fix for awhile, one tends to get testy.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my original rant.

Best,
Susan

zkimom
03-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry, but put in perspective (global warming, massacres in Darfur), does a two-week wait for yarn really warrant so much angst?

Of course, in perspective, there are bigger problems than having to wait for yarn.

But this is a knitting forum where seriously yarn addicted people post about things like heavy mmmalabrigo petting, :drool: the need to touch other people's sweaters, and whether or not you lie to your partner about how much money you spend on your yarn habit.

So, I think a little angst over a delayed fix of some color luscious Noro Kureyon in a forum like this is totally appropriate.

Every once and a while, I like to not focus on the larger problems in the world, be a bit selfish, and complain when my yarn doesn't arrive on time. I know I'll get a hug from someone and feel a little better. Then I can go back to worrying about global warming, world hunger and genocide around the world and hopefully by then, to relieve the stress of focusing on all those issues and wondering just what kind of a world there is to leave to my kids, I'll be knitting.
xxx

jeanius80
03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
:hug: your yarn will be with you soon!

janelanespaintbrush
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM
:hug: Of course we understand. We of all people understand. Unfortunately, the omission of some critical info (namely, that LK took a week to ship out your order in the first place) caused some of us to misinterpret your post -- that's why I asked for clarification. It was an understandable oversight on your part, given your frustration. (Separation anxiety can do that. :teehee:)

I think it's quite commendable that Sue personally emailed you to let you know what was going on. (Too bad she didn't offer you an extra discount for the inconvenience -- that would've rocked!) These were unusual circumstances though, you have to admit -- 4 new employees and bad weather. I think your warning to "think twice" about ordering from LK seems a little rash, given the whole picture. (Sounds like time has blunted your original sentiment, though -- glad you're still a customer.) Things like that happen, and although I haven't ordered from them personally, they sound like a pretty okay company.

So hang in there. Your yarn will get there soon. ;) In the meantime, we'll commiserate with you. Waiting is never fun.

zkimom
03-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks, Jane -- you are right. Time has healed all wounds. Having my yarn in hand and happily knitting away makes things much better.

I hope this thread is more aptly named now. I shouldn't have worried anyone else who has ordered from Little Knits and I wouldn't want to keep anyone from taking advantage of their great selection and prices.

Humbly,
Susan

boyforpele13
03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
just a brief update, i re-read their policy an they ask for 24-48 hours to pack and ship, which they did in my case, credit card got charged and got my shipping confirmation. it is expected to take a full week, i assume just for washington to florida transit, but everything going smoothly so far! :) (and boy, did i get some awesome deals on sock yarn! eep!)

aineepooh1
03-25-2007, 11:23 PM
SOoooooooooo

Everything STILL turned out OK~!!!!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

kemp
03-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Glad it all worked out!