PDA

View Full Version : New love

Ehren
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone, I started knitting last week, but stopped after I made my cast on row because I got stuck. This morning I found this web site and the videos got me unstuck. Now I just can't stop. I love it. I just wanted to praise this site for the great help. :heart:

auburnchick
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Be careful...you're an addict in the making!

Knitting_Guy
03-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Too late, you're hooked. You now have a sock monkey on your back.

nadja la claire
03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh if only it were just a sock monkey. Soon you will be jonesing for softer and prettier yarns and then you will discover KP Options and you won't be able to knit with any other needles and then........someone will turn you on to Mmmmmmmmmalabrigo :drool: :drool: :drool: after that you're lost. Before you know it you'll be looking for a Mmmmmmm fix where ever you can get it and you'll be ordering from KP and elan.com when ever you can. You'll hide your stash and receipts from those you love so they don't know how bad your addiction is, but that's ok, we're here to help you, to give you support and to enable you when ever you need it. We understand you :hug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

cristina61
03-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi,
I just have to chime in and agree with Ehren's post. I can't tell you how much I appreciate KH and all the work Amy's done, not to mention everyone who posts to this forum. Sometimes you guys really make my day brighter. :muah:

I'm not exactly a new knitter, I learned when I was 13 but soon gave up. I didn't really start to LOVE it until last year (about 30 years later).

Now I'm looking forward to the arrival of my first skeins of Malabrigo -- so I guess I'm really hooked now!

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 11:38 PM
YEP~ it's only gonna get worse~! :teehee: :eyebrow:

NancyO
03-17-2007, 12:14 AM
:heart: is in my heart for this site! Wow thanks so much Amy for showing me through the dark tunnel into the light of actually making something! I've watched your videos with an avidness that disturbed my family as they walked in on me with my needles and yarn and me watching watching watching your pretty hands show me how! I even made that V W hat. Me! And it was so fun to make and accomplish. Thanks so much for this site! Thanks tons for having a forum as well.

Oh and Mason, I read some of your blog... sorry about your back. I use knitting for distraction too (or I think that's what it does among all that knitting can do for you.) And sorry about your back.

Thanks again for this site, Amy.

:heart: , Nancy

ecb
03-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Oh if only it were just a sock monkey. Soon you will be jonesing for softer and prettier yarns and then you will discover KP Options and you won't be able to knit with any other needles and then........someone will turn you on to Mmmmmmmmmalabrigo :drool: :drool: :drool: after that you're lost. Before you know it you'll be looking for a Mmmmmmm fix where ever you can get it and you'll be ordering from KP and elan.com when ever you can. :hug:

yeah, the MMMmmmmmmm addiction is bad
I just started RE-sorting my stash again, I even got a closet organizer for a empty unused patch of wall.

BUT, I found out I own over 10 skeins of unused MMMmmmmmmmm, and a couple OTN too
I am trying to knit up everything I own,
not buy more
an addiction is a horrible thing
enjoy

ecb

nadja la claire
03-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh if only it were just a sock monkey. Soon you will be jonesing for softer and prettier yarns and then you will discover KP Options and you won't be able to knit with any other needles and then........someone will turn you on to Mmmmmmmmmalabrigo :drool: :drool: :drool: after that you're lost. Before you know it you'll be looking for a Mmmmmmm fix where ever you can get it and you'll be ordering from KP and elan.com when ever you can. :hug:

yeah, the MMMmmmmmmm addiction is bad
I just started RE-sorting my stash again, I even got a closet organizer for a empty unused patch of wall.

BUT, I found out I own over 10 skeins of unused MMMmmmmmmmm, and a couple OTN too
I am trying to knit up everything I own,
not buy more
an addiction is a horrible thing
enjoy

ecb

TEN SKEINS OF UNUSED Mmmmmmmmmmmmm :passedout:

BTW where do you live and when are you going to be gone :whistle: :angelgrin:

Nadja xxx

Braden
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Yup, you're already sucked in.

NancyO
03-18-2007, 01:37 PM
About this ' yep I'm a guy knitter' stuff. It's we women who have encrouched. hehehe In many places in old England it was the men who did the majority of the knitting. It would be like men today saying, 'yep I'm a lumberjack' just because women are cutting down trees. There is nothing wrong with men knitting! What's weird, though, in history... women knitting! hehehhehh

Braden
03-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Thank You! I just put that in my signature so people will know. We have tons of guy knitters here, too. :thumbsup: :happydance:

NancyO
03-18-2007, 02:00 PM
It's a cool signature! I bet you have surprised some. hehehheheh

I must look for your guys' projects... I've seen some of the lovely things the women have made in here. I'd really like to see the cool things the men have made. Will look for them when I get home from Church.

I do have a question though... how many knitting needles have you guys broken with your strong hands? hhehehehh I do wonder is all!