PDA

View Full Version : I CAN DO IT!!!! YAY ME!

zkimom
03-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Magic Looping, that is! Finally, I managed to sit through the video with needles in hand and I did it!

(I don't know how to say this, Amy, but the first 3 times I tried to make it through the video I fell asleep. Sitting in my chair. At my computer.):sleepy:

But not this time. Today I magic looped. And it is FUN!!!!!

After my test drive with the ML I got brave and grabbed some yarn from my stash and I have started on Silver's Sock tutorial with the 2 socks and the ML.

(Silver, you are a goddess! :notworthy:)

Yippee! No more SSS for me, baby!

:woohoo:

Socks for everybody! :cheering: :happydance:

Best,
Susan

Aquaria
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Yay good for you! :cheering:

Magic loop sounds great, though I don't own one :pout:

Jan in CA
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I learned magic loop before I learned to knit with DPNs. ML actually helped me a lot when I finally gave them a try..something about how to hold the joins made all the difference. Good for you!

Knitting_Guy
03-17-2007, 07:03 PM
:cheering:

zkimom
03-17-2007, 08:43 PM

Mason,

Thanks -- I didn't mention that you were my inspiration to try this technique. I have to admit that I was a bit afeared of it but then when you made your second sock ever using ML, I knew I had to try it too. :notworthy: (I do draw the line at sock making on a percocet and valium cocktail, however! As inspirational as you are, I'll leave that one to you :clink: )

I had been knitting for years before even trying socks on DPNs and it took my then 5th grader finishing his first pair of socks on DPNs and offering to show me how to kitchner that got me to try a pair of socks. :oops:

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Susan

Braden
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Magic loop is fun, but for some reason, I prefer DPN's. I guess because I had been using them for years before I tried ML. Great that you got it! :thumbsup:

zkimom
03-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Magic loop is fun, but for some reason, I prefer DPN's. I guess because I had been using them for years before I tried ML. Great that you got it! :thumbsup:

Thanks -- I can do the DPNs and I don't mind them -- it's just the thrill of having 2 socks going at the same time that's getting me. I have made too many single socks :oops:

Happy Belated Birthday, BTW :balloons:

Susan

Dangles
03-18-2007, 12:59 AM

Makes me want to attempt it now ... but one step at a time :)

Knitting_Guy
03-18-2007, 01:38 AM

Mason,

Thanks -- I didn't mention that you were my inspiration to try this technique. I have to admit that I was a bit afeared of it but then when you made your second sock ever using ML, I knew I had to try it too. :notworthy: (I do draw the line at sock making on a percocet and valium cocktail, however! As inspirational as you are, I'll leave that one to you :clink: )

I had been knitting for years before even trying socks on DPNs and it took my then 5th grader finishing his first pair of socks on DPNs and offering to show me how to kitchner that got me to try a pair of socks. :oops:

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Susan

Yeah, if a dumb old truck driver can do it,anyone can. :rofl: