PDA

View Full Version : Thought Stash Meant Yarn I didn't Want Anymore

christine
03-17-2007, 06:54 PM
My daughter has been raiding my secret staff of yummy yarn for her various projects. Project that have included making a spider web; an elevator for her teddy, so he wouldn't have to walk up the stairs; just to name a few. I have been really busy and hadn't paid much attention to what yarn she had used. I had given her some yarn that I didn't like and thought it was what she was using.

Today she brings me a skein complete with the wrapper on it (clue to me that this wasn't her yarn, but MINE) to cut off a hunk of it for some sort of creation.

As nicely and calmly as I could, "Where did you get that yarn?" She replied from the boxes hidden under the sofa. She followed up, "You know your stash--the yarn you don't want anymore"

We had a little talk about how stash was for yarn I wanted and I had hidden it in boxes so she wouldn't get into it.

Hopefully she will turn to something new soon and keep out of my yarn.

Jan in CA
03-17-2007, 06:58 PM
:doh:

:teehee:

aineepooh1
03-17-2007, 06:58 PM
:oops: do you have a lock on the stash??? maybe give her your "scrap" yarn that youre not so crazy about and let her choose among her own stash~! :??

marykz
03-17-2007, 07:08 PM
LOL!!!!

my mom gave my DD a little bag of yarns of many colors. (probably 10 yards each) for her own "stash". she still wants to look at mine, but she knows what is hers.......

Stiney
03-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Aw, hehe.

I made an elevator for my Barbie's. I had a three-story house, which I put on top of a small table. The chairs were the garages, with apartments above. But the stairs only went from original floor 1, to original floor 2. So I hooked up a basket and used it as an elevator. It was kinda too short and the Barbie's always fell out. OOPS!

I was very creative about the over 50 Barbies I had.

auburnchick
03-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you sure you were hiding the stash from dd and not dh??? :teehee:

KnitClickChick
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
:roflhard:
That is cute!