PDA

View Full Version : Cotton yarn/New knitting book

Robinknits
03-17-2007, 07:00 PM
What is your favorite cotton or cotton blend yarn for sweaters? I'm going to make a short sleeved summer sweater and I'm looking yarn. *Not too expensive*

I'm going to use a pattern from this book I just got:
http://www.amazon.com/Knitting-Sweaters-Top-Down-Fabulous/dp/1579908586

I really like the book. It's got some neat ideas for top-down seamless sweaters.

aineepooh1
03-18-2007, 12:49 AM
I haven't knitted much with cottton b/c I started knitting last fall.. but I bought some bernat cotton tots at Hobby Lobby this week and it's soft to the touch and I also bought at my LYS: Misti Cotton: Pima Cotton and Silk.. its about $10 skein but VERY soft to the touch~!! I have one skein in a lovely light yellow...

Let me know what you decide to use.. also the Knitpicks yarns are very pretty too.. ( I checked them out as well onlline)

Hope this helps~ :shrug:

quiltbugj
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I ordered from elann.com last week. They are in canada and I placed my order late Tuesday night and got if Friday! Sonata is their house brand. I got it on sale for less than $3/50 gram skein. I'm making a sleeveless sweater/cami that required 7 skeins, so I am able to make this sweater for around $20. BTW - I scoured the internet to find the "perfect" pattern and I love the one I found. So far it's working up really well and is easy to follow.

The yarn is mercenized (sp?) cotton so I thought it would be really soft and it isn't really, but the guage swatch washed and dried really well.