PDA

View Full Version : ohh noooooooo

Ehren
03-17-2007, 08:34 PM
So, I've talked to a few of you about newly discovering knitting. I was soo proud that a scarf was actually starting to form. This afternoon my son ( 3 years old) ripped it apart. I'm so frustrated.

Sorry just needed to vent.

suzeeq
03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey, look on it as more practice for you.... :teehee:

sue

zkimom
03-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Oh -- I'm so sorry to hear that!

Rewind your yarn and take a few deep breaths.

Then cast on and try again.

You'll be fine and so will your scarf.

Soon your son will be a teenager and he won't give your knitting a second glance. :teehee:

Best,
Susan

auburnchick
03-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Soon your son will be a teenager and he won't give your knitting a second glance. :teehee:

Or he could become like my 13yo son and watch constantly. I've frequently asked him if he wants to learn. He says no, but we'll see. I taught him to cross-stitch about a year ago. ;)

ecb
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I am sorry that happened, i know thats a blow to the gut
but now you can make those little adjustments you were lamenting not doing while you did the last 5 rows
you know the ones i mean
the naggling little ideas on how to make this project just PERFECT
if only you had thought of it sooner

ecb

butterflymama
03-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Ah, yes, very familiar with the little hands "helping"...hang in there.

Mariblue
03-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry that happened to you.
I have some little helping hands too. I learned quickly to put my knitting up, out of their reach!
You are not alone. :hug:

Jan in CA
03-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Seems most of us have had it happen either with kids or pets. :shrug: Lesson learned...keep it put up when you aren't working on it. :heart:

Knitting_Guy
03-18-2007, 01:39 AM
So, ummmmm, you didn't like...strangle him with the yarn or anything did you? :eyebrow:

Aquaria
03-18-2007, 02:00 AM
This makes me think of... the "keep out of reach of children" label on some products :rofl: yeah... keep out of reach of children should be the best way, I'm sorry that your scarf was distroyed :pout:

Oh and I just noticed! Mason's got a new haircut! :teehee:

Ginger0104
03-18-2007, 02:49 AM
BTDT, unfortunately. I've actually had it happen a few times with both my son (2.5), and my cats. I am a hard learner I guess :??

The yarn is just too tempting to them. Sorry it happened to you.