PDA

View Full Version : Please help me make this pattern for a christening blanket

LeftFootGreen
03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi Ladies,

I'm a new knitter and I mean brand new!

I want to knit a blanket for my son's christening, and I would like to adapt a simple pattern that I used to make a small handbag. I intend to use a size 10 needle with suitable yarn.

Would you please look at my description and let me know if you think it would work?

The idea is to have a square blanket with an edge (preferably garter but could do seed stitch) for 8 rows on the bottom and top and eight stitches on each side. I would then like to work in reverse stockinette and put it in a cross shape in the middle of the blanket in stockinette.

If I have a garter stitch border, can I purl the next row to start the reverse stockinette stitch or will that become stockinette because it's a purl row following a knit row? :??

I followed this sort of pattern for the handbag, but it had 3 rows of seed stitch, then a purl row.

I also intend to put a simple cable in the cross where the arms join. Simple, but I think that's best for my third project!

What do you think?

Thanks for your help!

Kym

Ingrid
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I think your plan sounds fine. You could start your rev st st on the wrong side and knit the first row after the border, but one row rarely makes a difference when you go from the edging to the main part of the blanket.

mtrinity2025
03-21-2007, 03:38 PM
When you are done with the blanket please provide a pic. I would love to get the pattern from you when you are done!!! It sounds like it'll be awesome!!!