PDA

View Full Version : YARN SWAP ~ Yarn Goodies pg. 28 UPDATE: Swap Stats pg. 55

Pages : [1] 2 3

kblue
03-19-2007, 07:43 AM
**********CLOSED**********

Hello Everyone I am officially starting the Secret Knitter Yarn Swap! First let me just say that I’m very excited to be a part of this and I hope this will be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

The LAST day to sign up has changed and will be TOMORROW Monday, March 25, 2007. HOPEFULLY I will be able to send you all your pals by the end of the week if not I will let you all know. Everyone should receive their swap names on the same day.

Like before, there will be 4 price groups ($5, $10, $15, $20-50). This will be the price group you will be giving to and receiving from. You will be placed in the group of your preference and you should buy up to the amount you have chosen or as close as possible. This price is ONLY for the yarn you are giving. If you want to send other little goodies that will be optional and at a separate cost to you.

There will be only 1 swap. It would be appreciated if everyone could mail out their goodies by Tuesday, May 1, 2007. You can totally send it sooner than that if you choose to do so. We just don't want anyone waiting for long periods of time for thier packages from their Secret Knitters. If you are shipping internationally don't forget to take into consideration the time it will take to ship.

This is not required but if you would like to contact the person you are giving to, I ask that you set up an “anonymous” email account for any questions, discussions, etc. Secret Knitters, remember when emailing the person you are giving to DO NOT include your primary email address or your KnittingHelp screen name. You should only know the KH screen name of the person you are giving to and not the person you are receiving from. A suggestion, when signing up for an email account, for your first name type SECRET and for your last name type KNITTER to avoid giving away who you are when emailing. Sometimes when emailing someone it will show your first and last name next to your email address in the From Box.

If, for whatever reason, you cannot continue with the swap PLEASE EMAIL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so that I can pair the person you received with a back up Secret Knitter. Please type “Cannot Continue” in the subject line. No explanation or apologies are necessary, the subject line will be enough, we all know and understand that life can come at us unexpectedly.

Since we are only doing 1 swap don’t forget to REVEAL yourselves to the person you are giving to in the packages you are sending. Remember to include you KH screen name, your real name, address, and primary email. It will be left up to you to thank your Secret Knitter however you please, whether it be knitting something for them with the yarn you received, thank you card/email, cookies (yum), etc.

Please, if there are any negative concerns or problems bring it to my attention and DO NOT post it on KnittingHelp.com’s forum. KH is not responsible for the Secret Knitter Yarn Swap or any of the problems that may occur.

If there are any problems with your questionnaire I will contact you on your preferred form of contact.

YOU CAN ALL CONTACT ME AT: kblueknitter at yahoo dot com
Please copy and paste the questionnaire below into an e-mail (this can be your primary email) and send it to kblueknitter at yahoo dot com

PLEASE do not forget to include your KH Screen name so your Secret Knitter will know who they are giving to.

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (kblue) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20-50:

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Don’t Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Color preference?

12. Other interest?

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

Lieke
03-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I just signed up :)

nonny2t
03-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all your work ahead of time, Kblue!!

kblue
03-19-2007, 09:06 AM
nobody thank me just yet there is still lots of time for possible problems :teehee:
Hopefully everything will go smoothly...i really do like doing this kind of stuff. :waving:

marykz
03-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Once everything is settled, and I have the name/ preferences etc...
should I mail the package as soon as it is ready? or wait for May 1?

other silly question (can you tell I work with lawyers?) The YARN should total my selected amount, and any extra goodies are on top of the yarn amount. right?

thanks, mkz

Compulsive
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I signed up! I can't wait since this gives me a reason to buy without guilt. :rofl:

Ginger0104
03-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm in! This sounds like a lot of fun :)

DQ
03-19-2007, 10:04 AM
other silly question (can you tell I work with lawyers?) The YARN should total my selected amount, and any extra goodies are on top of the yarn amount. right?

thanks, mkz

I was wondering that too :??

kristinw
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Once everything is settled, and I have the name/ preferences etc...
should I mail the package as soon as it is ready? or wait for May 1?

thanks, mkz

I'm not in charge but I was in the last swap. You should wait until May 1st to mail.

Also, you should spend the allotted amount on yarn. Anything else you choose to do (which is totally optional) would be above and beyond (including shipping).

Chel
03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Is it safe to assume the $20+ is the $20-$30 range? That + sign leaves a whole lotta room.

carmabelle1191
03-19-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm in! :cheering:

Secksiebrat
03-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I signed up. Let me know if you have any problems or don't receive it!

~danielle~

Chel
03-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm in :) :cheering:

KathyinCali
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
I signed up. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Thanks!

kblue
03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry about that i'll update the original post with that info too :doh:

You can totally send you packages before MAY 1. I just thought anything later than MAY 1 (unless your international) would just be too long...you wouldn't want you pal to be waiting into late May or even June. :nails:

The mojority of your buy should be yarn up to the amount you selected (or as close as possible) It's optional to add whatever little goodies you want to send with the yarn but that's a separate cost (on top of the yarn price you picked)

Is it safe to assume the $20+ is the $20-$30 range? That + sign leaves a whole lotta room.
$20+ is really for those of you who want to spend that much or more. I was going to cap it at $50...humm maybe i should do that....ok i'll fix that.
Your right thats A LOT of room :teehee:

jeanius80
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
kblue
i emailed you the questionaire! i am excited... this is my very first swap!
:cheering:

letah75
03-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I signed up too!! I pm'd you the questionaire.

cathoo
03-19-2007, 04:07 PM
*gasp* It's Monday and I forgot about signing up!
But I did :thumbsup:

kblue
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Bump :teehee:

DQ
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I've signed up! :happydance:

Carla1019
03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I signed up.. Can't wait.

My first time :cheering: :eyebrow: :muah: :hug: :happydance:

rebecca
03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks so much for organizing the swap!

snowbear
03-19-2007, 07:19 PM

I'm in!!!!!

orcoastknitter
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I have a silly question... actually I want to make sure I understand this correctly.

We are just swaping yarn, not knitted things, correct??

If we wish to do a KAL with our swap we can later.

:oops:

mks22300
03-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I've signed up :happydance:

madametj
03-19-2007, 11:08 PM
ohh, i want to do this! gotta ask my parents first though. :out:

cds11
03-20-2007, 02:05 AM
I've signed up! I'm excited...

Now I just have to find a way to explain to my mom why some random person will be sending me yarn to our home address (since I'm away at school, but heading home around the time of the swap..)... Luckily she's pretty cool...

marykz
03-20-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks for the updated info! this will be fun.....

Abbily
03-20-2007, 10:42 AM
I have a question too! Am I supposed to pick one skein of yarn in my price range, or a few skeins of something cheaper that will total my price range? I was just wondering what people generally expect to receive in this type of thing, since I've never done a yarn swap before! :)

Thanks!

Carey

rennfamily
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Thanks so much for your hard work! I'm in!

kblue
03-20-2007, 10:52 AM
I have a silly question... actually I want to make sure I understand this correctly. We are just swaping yarn, not knitted things, correct?? If we wish to do a KAL with our swap we can later.
Yes thats right just the yarn and yes to your second question too :D . You can do a KAL after the yarn swap if you choose to do so with others in the swap on the KAL board.

kblue
03-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I have a question too! Am I supposed to pick one skein of yarn in my price range, or a few skeins of something cheaper that will total my price range? I was just wondering what people generally expect to receive in this type of thing, since I've never done a yarn swap before!
Thanks!

Carey

Well this is actually my first swap too :teehee: I think you buy what you can in the price group you are in. Remember you are giving to and receiving from someone who is also in the same price group. So if you were in the $5 group you could buy 1 skein of REALLY nice yarn or you could buy 5 for a $1. If it were me i would be happy with whatever kind of yarn i got.....I :heart: YARN!!!!!

brendajos
03-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I think what most people did was get like 3 skeins, maybe, of $8 yarn if they were in the $20+ price range. That's just as an example of course. The original idea came from the One Skein swap that Interweave (was it interweave?) did to introduce their One Skein book.... It kinda blew up from there...lol

I think a lot of us decided that one skein probably wouldn't be enough to make a "real" project unless it was a BIG skein so we got a couple of skeins to make sure there was enough yarn for something good.

plus i think we all got so excited about yarn shopping that we went a little crazy...lol

Abbily
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for both of your replies! I was thinking that one skein might not be enough for a project, but then I didn't want my partner to be disappointed if they were expecting one skein of something super nice, and ended up with 3 skeins of something 'kind of' nice, if that makes sense.... anyway just trying to get a feel for what 'most people' do, if there is such a thing! :)

Carey

brendajos
03-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Well you can check the original swap thread here (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11900&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=yarn+swap) to see pictures of what people got. It is a long thread at over 100 pages but it should be a pretty easy scan for pictures. Keep in mind we ended up only having one person sign up in the $5 bracket so that person was kind enough to allow us to move her into the $10 range. Most of the swappers were in the $15 and $20 ranges if that helps.

Michele
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah!! My first yarn swap. :happydance: Thanks for organizing.

orcoastknitter
03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I have a silly question... actually I want to make sure I understand this correctly. We are just swaping yarn, not knitted things, correct?? If we wish to do a KAL with our swap we can later.
Yes thats right just the yarn and yes to your second question too :D . You can do a KAL after the yarn swap if you choose to do so with others in the swap on the KAL board.

Thanks!

I am signing up! This is going to be fun!!!! :cheering:

Sanibelle
03-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for setting this up - it should be fun.

I just emailed the completed questionnaire

Lynn

KathyinCali
03-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I just went back and read last year's "Yarn Swap" thread and it made my day! I feel like I just got to know you all so much better by reading, and you had so much fun! I'm very happy to be a part of the swap :happydance: :cheering:

figaro
03-20-2007, 01:29 PM
After looking at the last Yarn Swap, I decided that it like too much fun for me to be left out! Count me in! :cheering:

monzogary
03-20-2007, 03:02 PM
I just sent my questionnaire!

TeenKnitter
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm in! I'm so excited!

Kaydee
03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Yea!! I just signed up!

PCwombat
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Just signed up!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

My first yarn swap! I think this will be a great way to further get to know the people here.

And, I love getting packages. :teehee:

madametj
03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
(kinda stupid) QUESTION: "Other Interests?" um, what exactly is "interest"? things we like to do other than knitting? things we might like as extra gifts? things we just like?

another (maybe not as stupid) question: does the yarn half to have its original labels on it? some that i'd like to give, i've already wound up on my ball winder.

mare-nitt
03-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I just sent my email questionaire. This sounds like fun. Giving yarn and getting yarn, what could be better.
I agree, a good way to meet others on the forum.

Marilynn

madametj
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
(kinda stupid) QUESTION: "Other Interests?" um, what exactly is "interest"? things we like to do other than knitting? things we might like as extra gifts? things we just like?

another (maybe not as stupid) question: does the yarn half to have its original labels on it? some that i'd like to give, i've already wound up on my ball winder.

bumping the thread so my questions will be answered.

Compulsive
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM

bumping the thread so my questions will be answered.

Yes, other interests would be what you like to do other than knitting during your free time.

As far as your second question, I really don't know? What if the color or type of fiber is not what the intended receiver wants based on their questionnaire? If the yarn fits their requirements, and you have the original yarn bands, I do not see a problem with giving already balled yarn, at least I would not have a problem, some others may, though.

jeanius80
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM

i would think you could just make a little tag to say the fiber/yardage and wieght and attach it around the ball with a bit of contrast yarn/ribbon :shrug:

PaperGirl
03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh how fun!

Im signing up too! :cheering:

jjminarcik
03-20-2007, 09:38 PM
:cheering: :cheering:

I'm in!

Thanks kblue for organizing!!! :muah:

madametj
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM

i would think you could just make a little tag to say the fiber/yardage and wieght and attach it around the ball with a bit of contrast yarn/ribbon :shrug:

oh, thanks. maybe i'll try that!

jeanius80
03-20-2007, 11:09 PM
your welcome! :mrgreen: ..btw---thanks for posting soooomany great patterns here! you are awesome :cheering:

cando
03-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I signed up too. Can't wait for it to start!

TeenKnitter
03-21-2007, 03:18 PM
bump xxx

mjscott
03-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Just signed up. This sounds like alot of fun
Maranda

madametj
03-21-2007, 04:55 PM
your welcome! :mrgreen: ..btw---thanks for posting soooomany great patterns here! you are awesome :cheering:

oh, its no problem. especially when its so fun! :teehee:

Jeremy
03-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I just signed up :cheering:

Lieke
03-22-2007, 04:29 AM
bump xxx

great idea :teehee:

kblue
03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
STOP THIS IS THE UPDATE as of March 22,2007

Hello :waving: Just wanted to post a list of the people i have SO FAR for the Secret Knitter Yarn Swap!!! I have the KH screen names listed A-Z.

Secret Knitters
Abbily
Cando
Carla1019
carmabelle1191
CarmenIbanez
Cathoo
cds11
Chel
Chrissyb
Compulsive
Crafty_Curmudgeon
Debbie
DoulaLyndsey
DQ
Eloewien
figaro
horve1
jeanius80
Jeremy
jjminarcik
KathyinCali
Kaydee
KnittyKitty
letah75
Lieke
Mare
Marykz
Michele
mjscott
mks22300
monzogary
-nitt
Nonny2t
orcoastknitter
PaperGirl
PCwombat
psammeadred
Rebecca
Rennglass
Sanibelle
Secksiebrat
snowbear
TeenKnitter
VickyS456
wildforyarn
zkimom

If your name IS NOT on the list :?? and you DID send me your questionnaire, email me ASAP at kblueknitter at yahoo dot com. :out:

jeanius80
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
:woohoo: :thud: wow that is a big list! :biting: i can't wait :heart:

aineepooh1
03-22-2007, 03:33 PM
IS this LAST day to sign up still April 2????? :??

kblue
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM

Humm i was thinking about that :?? Because it's starting to look like this will be it for the swap. Sign ups are slowing down :teehee: Ok ok I'll wait to see if i get anymore sign ups the rest of today, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If i don't really get anymore sign ups then i think i'll change the LAST day to sign up THIS Monday, March 26, 2007. I'll up date this thread if that does turn out to be the case.

What do you all think??? YAY :happydance: or NAY :fingerwag: ???

GEEeeeEeeeEeZZzzzzzzz I'm so excited :woot: :woohoo: :woot:

Kaydee
03-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Humm i was thinking about that :?? Because it's starting to look like this will be it for the swap. Sign ups are slowing down :teehee: Ok ok I'll wait to see if i get anymore sign ups the rest of today, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If i don't really get anymore sign ups then i think i'll change the LAST day to sign up THIS Monday, March 26, 2007. I'll up date this thread if that does turn out to be the case.

What do you all think??? YAY :happydance: or NAY :fingerwag: ???

GEEeeeEeeeEeZZzzzzzzz I'm so excited :woot: :woohoo: :woot:

I saw yay! I'm eager to get started! :woot:

KathyinCali
03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Monday sounds good :)

SabrinaJL
03-22-2007, 05:01 PM
I saw yay! I'm eager to get started! :woot:

What she said.

TeenKnitter
03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I say YAY!

:happydance:

- Claire
xxx

Abbily
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Another YAY! :) I want to get started too! :)

rebecca
03-22-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree with everyone else...i'm ready to begin, I wanna know who i get to buy yarn for :cheering:

carmabelle1191
03-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Yay! :cheering:

mks22300
03-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Another yay here! :happydance:

PCwombat
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Yay!!! :happydance:

aineepooh1
03-22-2007, 08:49 PM
WELL KBLUE I need to email you my swap info but

count me in too~! :happydance:

Ginger0104
03-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I sent it 3 days ago but sent it to @ahoo.com :doh:

You should have mine now :)

snowbear
03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
*steps up to the soap box

I say Yes...

*gets off soap box. and wonders who to push the calendar faster, can't wait for the swap to start.... :teehee:

Compulsive
03-23-2007, 02:34 AM
My name was not listed, but I emailed you. My first name is the same as another member's name.

DQ
03-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Ooh it's all so exciting :cheering:

horve1
03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm also on the let's-get-started band wagon. And thanks so much for doing this!

kristinw
03-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Sent you an email last night! :cheering:

letah75
03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
My name wasn't listed either. I resent you all the information needed.

iza
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Can... not... resist... Ok, just sent you the questionnaire! :teehee:

madametj
03-23-2007, 04:11 PM
just sent mine in :happydance:

Debbie
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Lets' start .... I love having the list ... and ... um.... trying to guess who my swap friend is!

TeenKnitter
03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
bump xxx (again)

MoniDew
03-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm in! :cheering:
________
POT (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

TeenKnitter
03-24-2007, 06:31 PM
bump

Lieke
03-25-2007, 09:53 AM
bump once again :)

Secksiebrat
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
My mom wants to get in on this (jbird05). I'll get her to fill out the questonaire tonight when I finally get to San Antonio. So look for her email tonight! :)

~danielle~

Chel
03-25-2007, 10:12 AM
How soon after we send our packages are we going to let our swapee know in on the secret of who sent their package?

kblue
03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Secksiebrat: Sure i'll keep an eye out for it.

Chel: Well since we are only doing One swap I figured everyone should be able to reveal themselves in a note or somthing in the packages they send. Then the pals can post pictures and/or thank their Secret Knitter here on KH, by email/PM, or however they would like. That way nobody really jumps the gun and reveals themselves before their pal gets their goodies. What do you guys think?

Alright everyone so it looks like this will be it for the yarn swap... :balloons: TOMORROW will be the LAST DAY TO SIGN UP!!!! I'll make those changes today. Tuesday I'll post the final list to make sure i have everyone who wanted to be a part of the swap and i'll start to swap you all with each other. Hopefully i'll be able to email/PM you all your pals by the end of the week(you should all receive it on the same day)....HOPEFULLY...If not i'll let you all know...but HOPEFULLY i'll be able to :pray: ....... :teehee:

can you all tell i'm being hopefull?? :aww:
positive thinking...positive thinking... positive thinking....

snowbear
03-25-2007, 10:22 AM
:hug: :muah:

Thanks sooo much kblue for doing this... I'm so excited about doing this.. You are so attuned to detail, I know this is going to be great!

Big bear hugs your way!

mare-nitt
03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
kblue, I would also like to thank you for the swap. You are covering all the bases.

What a planner.

Marilynn

Debbie
03-25-2007, 11:23 AM
You are doing a great job!! I think "revealing" with your package is a great way to do it!!

DQ
03-25-2007, 03:05 PM
It will be great timing for me if we get the info when you're aiming for as my mum is coming to stay and we're planning to go yarn shopping! :happydance:

aineepooh1
03-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I emailed you all my info from the questionairre~

I'm In~! :muah:

orcoastknitter
03-25-2007, 11:24 PM
I am excited!!!!

Lisa Kay
03-26-2007, 12:16 AM
:waving: Count me in!

And to think I almost missed signing up...Yikes! :doh:

jbird05
03-26-2007, 12:33 AM
I sent my questionaire in tonight. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks!

Joan

kblue
03-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I sent my questionaire in tonight. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks! Joan

I have not received your questionnaire :?? did you send it last night (sunday) or are you sending it tonight (monday)???

Humm did you email it to kblueknitter at yahoo dot com? You can PM it to me here too.

I'll keep and eye out for it.

sara_jayne
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I just sent mine in :cheering: - I'm running late on this! :shrug:

jbird05
03-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I resent it to you. I left the R off of knitter :) You should receive it this time. Sorry about that.

Joan

kblue
03-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Ok i go it :happydance:

kblue
03-27-2007, 05:46 AM
:balloons: :star: :balloons: TAAaah-DAAaah :balloons: :star: :balloons:
Ok so here is the FINAL list of Secret Knitters A-Z. Please check if you name is on the list. If your name is not on the list EMAIL me ASAP at kblueknitter at yahoo dot com.

Secret Knitters

Abbily
Aineepooh1
Arielluria
Cando
Carla1019
carmabelle1191
CarmenIbanez
Cathoo
cds11
Chel
Chrissyb
Compulsive
Crafty_Curmudgeon
Debbie
DoulaLyndsey
DQ
Eloewien
figaro
horve1
iza
Jbird05
jeanius80
Jeremy
jjminarcik
KathyinCali
Kaydee
KnittyKitty
kristinw
letah75
Lieke
Lisa Kay
madametj
Mare -nitt
Marykz
Michele
mjscott
mks22300
MoniDew
monzogary
MUGS
Nonny2t
orcoastknitter
PaperGirl
PCwombat
psammeadred
Rebecca
Rennglass
SabrinaJL
Sanibelle
sara_jayne
Secksiebrat
snowbear
TeenKnitter
VickyS456
wildforyarn
zkimom

I do have everyones info that did email/PM it to me. It's just all the copy and pasting of the SN's onto this list, i might have skipped someone. :( :pray: So sorry if i forgot your name on the list EMAIL me and i'll fix the list.

I'll wait till the end of TODAY to hear if i forgot anyone on the list. If I don't hear anything from anyone then I'll assume everyone that wanted in on the swap is on the list. If that's the case then i'll be EMAILING thats right EMAILING...so check your EMAIL :teehee:...Your Secret Knitter Pals TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Lieke
03-27-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm so excited. Can't wait till tomorrow

horve1
03-27-2007, 07:02 AM
:muah: :muah: :muah: Thank you, kblue!

nonny2t
03-27-2007, 07:10 AM
I second it! Thanks bunches for working this all out and doing it! :muah: :hug:

rennfamily
03-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Blue you're amazing! Thanks so much for your hard work. I can't wait!

VickyS456
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
WOW GREAT! Thanks for organizing this for everyone! :cheering: :cheering:

Chel
03-27-2007, 08:38 AM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kblue, you are just too wonderful!!!!

Now, how to be patient for one more day? :shrug:

PaperGirl
03-27-2007, 10:04 AM
:cheering: Awesome! Thanks for setting this up!

kblue
03-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Ohhhh you guys :aww: :aww: :aww:

It's no problem at all.... like i said here to serve :notworthy:

:teehee:

cando
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Can't believe I almost missed the new update. Secret Knitters to be announced tomorrow YAY!!

kblue, thank you thank you. Awesome job you're doing :yay:

Kaydee
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks so much Kblue!!! This is going to be so much fun, I'm really excited! :cheering:

psammeadred
03-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?

How about now?

VickyS456
03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
It's almost tomorrow here in Europe :happydance:

rebecca
03-27-2007, 05:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Thanks so much, kblue...I can hardly wait to go yarn shopping :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

TeenKnitter
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
OMG, I'm so excited, I love shopping for yarn (especially for other people)! :cheering:

carmabelle1191
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm so excited. Can't wait till tomorrow
Neither can I!
Thanks kblue! :muah:

letah75
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
My mom always said "Patience is a virtue"....I guess I'm not all that virtous :teehee: 'cause I can't wait :cheering:

snowbear
03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
:muah: :hug: :cheering: :happydance:

Thanks soooo much kblue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Bear hugs your way

* is very very excited

mks22300
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Tomorrow? Holy cow!! That's so awesome!!! Thanks for setting this up
kblue! :hug:

MoniDew
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!
________
ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://alaska.dispensaries.org/)

jeanius80
03-27-2007, 11:31 PM
oh my fingers are itchy! :teehee:
i need to buy yarn....for my stashfor my secret yarn buddy.... :cheering: can't wait for you to send the names out!!

Compulsive
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
I can't wait, just 15 more minutes until tomorrow. . .

:cheering: THEN I GET TO GO YARN SHOPPING :cheering:

Lieke
03-28-2007, 03:14 AM
it's already 9 hours and 13 minutes tomorrow here in the Netherlands :teehee:

DQ
03-28-2007, 06:14 AM
It's tomorrow here in the UK and I'm getting excited!! :happydance: :teehee:

horve1
03-28-2007, 07:13 AM
It's tomorrow here! I can't wait!

Lieke
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
i just keep checking my email :oops:

VickyS456
03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
i just keep checking my email :oops:

same here. I have the gmail alert-thingie on my desktop and I keep looking to see if it's lit up. :oops:

DQ
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I got my email!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'm very happy with who I've got too :happydance: I hope I an get something really nice for you secret pal, I will try my hardest :happydance:

Thank you kblue!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

rennfamily
03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Great DQ! The first to post you got yours. I'm waiting for mine But I know how much work Kblue has to do. OH Maybe I'll spend some time going to set up a secret email account.

letah75
03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I got my email!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'm very happy with who I've got too :happydance: I hope I an get something really nice for you secret pal, I will try my hardest :happydance:

Thank you kblue!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm jelous! :teehee: :hug:

zkimom
03-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Ok, so now that we have our emails -- I got mine -- :happydance: :cheering:

What do we do now?

jeanius80
03-28-2007, 03:59 PM
i've got a seeeeecret.... :teehee: :cheering:

Kaydee
03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Yea!! I just got my pal!

DQ
03-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I feel really bad about how little info I put in my answers now... :oops: Who ever is unfortunate enough to get me...feel free to email and ask questions! :teehee:

VickyS456
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
I have my secret pal email! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

orcoastknitter
03-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I feel really bad about how little info I put in my answers now... :oops: Who ever is unfortunate enough to get me...feel free to email and ask questions! :teehee:

I feel the same way too DQ. :oops:

Same goes for me... if you have any questions, please e-mail me.

edited to correct typos .... fingers work faster than the brain.

horve1
03-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Yippee!!! I got my pal! This is going to be so much fun. Going to have to do some snooping to get the goods on them now. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

PaperGirl
03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I got mine! I cant wait to go shopping! :teehee:

cando
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Going to have to do some snooping to get the goods on them now. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

You said it! Fun :woot:

Eloewien
03-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I didn't get it before I had to head off to work, so I don't know who I got yet :verysad: I can't wait to get home and find out!! I get paid on Friday, and I need to run to my LYS anyway-- FUN! :)

snowbear
03-28-2007, 06:10 PM
:cheering: :happydance:

I got mine I got mine!!!!!

going to check her/his posts to see what she says.. :teehee:

letah75
03-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I just got mine too!!! Oh this is going to be fun.

:note: Oh where oh where does my swapee live oh where oh where can they beeeee?!?:note:

aineepooh1
03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
I didn't get mine~!~ I will check my email address ~ but I cant find it~!! :tap: :psst: :hiding:

aineepooh1
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
OOOopppps

UH~ I found it~! :oops: :out:

TeenKnitter
03-28-2007, 07:03 PM
YAY! I'm so excited, must go yarn shopping! :cheering: :happydance: :woot:

- Claire
:X:

kristinw
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM

What do we do now?

The way we did it before (and all other swaps I've been in) is to create a anonymous email account and say hi to your pal. Then you can ask any questions you may have and they know they have been matched up.

You just want to be VERY CAREFUL that your name doesn't show up in the from when you send an email.

I think everyone should do this. It makes it more fun. And then you can tease your pal too! :teehee:

mks22300
03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
It was so nice to open my email and see that kblue had sent me an email. Yay!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Eloewien
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Gmail is useful for this...

Arielluria
03-28-2007, 07:22 PM
:cheering: Yay, I'm in!

But, can someone give me the cliff notes on this? I've never done this before, are we supposed to send yarn rather than MAKING something? That is my understanding.

Since this is a "secret" pal thing are we not supposed to put our name on the pkg.????

kblue
03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok so i sent everyone their PALS if you don't get it let me know and i'll resend it. A few minor snags but all in all i think its going well :teehee:

kristinw
03-28-2007, 07:31 PM
:cheering: Yay, I'm in!

But, can someone give me the cliff notes on this? I've never done this before, are we supposed to send yarn rather than MAKING something? That is my understanding.

Since this is a "secret" pal thing are we not supposed to put our name on the pkg.????

Yup, this is a yarn swap. So look at the fibers and colors your pal said they liked. Whatever price range you selected for yourself is the range you are buying for.

It is only a secret up until your pal gets their package. You should include a note saying who you are. Some people include other "goodies" above and beyond the yarn. But what you spend on yarn should be what you agreed on as a price range. Does that make sense?

Arielluria
03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
You should include a note saying who you are. Some people include other "goodies" above and beyond the yarn. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that.

Here's an idea!!!!!!!!!! How about if we all tell what needle size, type (i.e. need size 10 circular or 15 reg., or "would like a shawl pin", etc.)???????????? Then, our secret pal will know who we are by our username, and might just happen to have one extra laying around, or go out and get one to include as a "goodie"????????? Just a thought.

madametj
03-28-2007, 08:02 PM

why is it useful? my friend just invited me to join, but i dont really want to. i already have 3 email addresses :oops:

kristinw
03-28-2007, 08:19 PM

why is it useful? my friend just invited me to join, but i dont really want to. i already have 3 email addresses :oops:

I think for an anonymous account is what she means. I usually use Yahoo. No invite needed.

madametj
03-28-2007, 08:20 PM

I think for an anonymous account is what she means. I usually use Yahoo. No invite needed.

can i shut down the account afterwards?

rennfamily
03-28-2007, 08:30 PM
OH OH I had to get up to help DH catch the ever escaping dog and couldn't resist checking to see if my pal email came!! YIPPPEEEE!!! Off to do some research and shop.

Arielluria
03-28-2007, 08:33 PM
I love my gmail and Google home page! Lots of stuff there! :heart:

madametj
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
You should include a note saying who you are. Some people include other "goodies" above and beyond the yarn. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that.

Here's an idea!!!!!!!!!! How about if we all tell what needle size, type (i.e. need size 10 circular or 15 reg., or "would like a shawl pin", etc.)???????????? Then, our secret pal will know who we are by our username, and might just happen to have one extra laying around, or go out and get one to include as a "goodie"????????? Just a thought.

ohh yeah i need to ask my buddie some questions. they didnt really give me any details. i'll have to ask about the goodies, too.

cds11
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Oooh... this is exciting! I can't wait to go shopping... I hope I pick out yarn my person will like.. I mean, I know kinda what colors and what fibres... but it might be nice to know what kind of project they wanted to start soon... or I guess really, any yarn is good yarn.... lol...

Eloewien
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure if you can delete a gmail account or not and I cannot get to any info from work, but I can check when I get home. They also have great spam blocking... I already have an account there just for the huge amount of storage space. I can send myself huge files and get to 'em from anywhere.

letah75
03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I love my g-mail account! You can set it to receive and send mail from any of your other accounts, the amount of storage is impressive, and I love the way it keeps e-mail conversations together.

madametj
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
ha, i just realized that i can just change the name in one of my email addresses :happydance:

(just as long as i remember not to email anyone else while it is like that)

Knitter, Secret Knitter 8)

Arielluria
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
In my secret pal's info I got name, address, and email. Am I supposed to contact the person at all? Or just try to send them what they want?

kristinw
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
In my secret pal's info I got name, address, and email. Am I supposed to contact the person at all? Or just try to send them what they want?

This was answered one page back. Optional but recommended.

What do we do now?

The way we did it before (and all other swaps I've been in) is to create a anonymous email account and say hi to your pal. Then you can ask any questions you may have and they know they have been matched up.

You just want to be VERY CAREFUL that your name doesn't show up in the from when you send an email.

I think everyone should do this. It makes it more fun. And then you can tease your pal too! :teehee:

cando
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM

It's nice if you contact them via email and get to know them better before sending their package. It also gives you the opportunity to ask them more about what they like (for example, the better you get to know them the better you'll be able to select goodies they like other than yarn).

Just make sure that they cannot identify you from your email address to avoid spoiling the surprise. Either you can create a totally new email id (with name something like Secret Knitter) or you could just change your name under email account settings for an existing email id.

Have fun!

psammeadred
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh, goody! Time to play super-sleuth!

jeanius80
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
i email my secret pal.......... :mrgreen:

Compulsive
03-29-2007, 12:28 AM
I emailed the person I'm giving to & received an email from the person who has my name. :cheering:

UGH! I can't wait to go yarn shopping tomorrow! :wall:

DQ
03-29-2007, 06:57 AM
I've got my email address all ready to tease with :teehee: Now to do some snooping!

kblue
03-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone :waving:

Just wanted to re-post this, with some minor changes, it's on page 1 of this thread but we all know at this point nobody reads page 1 anymore....as if (with some attitude)...SooOoOOoO over (with some attitude) :teehee: j/k

ya so here you go:

This is not required but if you would like to contact the person you are giving to, set up an “anonymous” email account to get to know them, for any questions, discussions, etc. Secret Knitters, remember when emailing the person you are giving to DO NOT include your KnittingHelp screen name. You should only know the KH screen name of the person you are giving to and not the person you are receiving from. A suggestion, when signing up for an email account or temporarly changing the name of your current email (if able too and your email address isn't and obvious give away i.e. kblueknitter <----obviously its me kblue :D ), for your first name type SECRET and for your last name type KNITTER to avoid giving away who you are when emailing. Sometimes when emailing someone it will show your first and last name next to your email address &/o subject in the In Box.

Since we are only doing 1 swap don’t forget to REVEAL yourselves to the person you are giving to in the packages you are sending. Remember to include your KH screen name. It's optional to include your real name, address, and primary email. It will be left up to you to thank your Secret Knitter however you please, whether it be knitting something for them with the yarn you received, thank you card or email, cookies (yum), etc.

ok so i hope this helps

Lieke
03-29-2007, 07:43 AM
I emailed my pal :teehee: . let the yarn-shop-fun begin

VickyS456
03-29-2007, 08:19 AM
I just emailed my pal too :)

Whomever my secret pal is, please feel free to email me :happydance:

Lisa Kay
03-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah! :cheering: Sent an email to one and got an email from the other!

Eloewien
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm just waiting for hubby to setup my new email account on his server... then the fun begins!

kblue
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I forgot to mention in my las post that there no "set" date as to when you need to ship your packages by. the sooner the better would be good :teehee: I suggested before that May 1st would be a good date to have it shipped by that way no one is waiting for loooooong periods of time to get their goodies.

orcoastknitter
03-29-2007, 11:55 AM
This is going to be fun.

I already sent my e-mail to my secret knitter and I got one this morning.

KathyinCali
03-29-2007, 12:09 PM
::Running to e-mail my secret pal::

How fun! :happydance:

cds11
03-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I sent out an email to my secret pal already...

Haven't heard from mine yet. But I can't wait to go shopping!

letah75
03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I e-mailed my yarnee too :happydance: haven't heard back and haven't heard from my yarner.

I can't wait for my yarnee to respond so I can get the dirt so to speak.

PaperGirl
03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Woo hoo!

GOnna go email my pal now!

cando
03-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I emailed no reply yet, got an email and replied :mrgreen:
This is so much fun! Can't wait to start shoppinnnn!

kristinw
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I e-mailed my yarnee too :happydance: haven't heard back and haven't heard from my yarner.

I can't wait for my yarnee to respond so I can get the dirt so to speak.

This exactly!

kblue
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
OMG OK OK which one of you is it :?? :mrgreen: Humm out of 56 people WHO COULD IT BE???!!???!!!??!! :rofl:

Because i organized this and picked everyone's swap pals i decided to leave myself out of this swap(which is fine because it was fun organizing it :teehee: ).....And what a nice SURPRISE!!!!!! I got an email from someone, one you you guys :D , who decided to be my Secret Knitter!!!!!!!! YAY :woot:

THANK Secret Knitter!!!!!!!
:woohoo:

jeanius80
03-29-2007, 02:17 PM
i emailed, and got a response... and i recieved an email and responded....though i dont think i was much help! :roflhard:

marykz
03-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Just a reminder- CHECK YOUR SPAM/ junk mail BOXES! I don't know if email programs like yahoo or hotmail or gmail will screen out something from a secret knitter or an email you don't recognize. so if you haven't gotten an email, check there......

hint hint to my secret pal who I emailed on Monday..... (I'm not telling!)

aineepooh1
03-29-2007, 04:27 PM
KBLUE~

I KNOW BUT I AIN'T TELLING~!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT LIKE THE REST OF US~!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

carmabelle1191
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I e-mailed my secret knitter! It's so hard to keep a secret! :hiding:

TeenKnitter
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
btw, whoever is my Secret knitter, if you e-mail me, make sure the subject box is obivous. I get alot of spam from random e-mails, with random subject lines. So I may not notice your e-mail, and accidentally delete it. :doh:

YAY!!! I'm so excited. :woot:

kblue
03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
KBLUE~

I KNOW BUT I AIN'T TELLING~!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TO FIND OUT LIKE THE REST OF US~!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You're such a tease :nails: LOL

I can't even guess because:

ONE: there's 56 people to choose from (US and International)
TWO: i don't know which catagory your in so i can't narrow down the list
and THREE: THERE'S 56 PEOPLE TO CHOOSE FROM!!!!! :wall:

Thanks........ :woot: I can hardly wait :heart:

Eloewien
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I emailed my pal :) Can't wait to hear back! I won't know if I've gotten an email till I get home... grrr. If I forget to close my email program, it automatically picks up email for me, so there's nothin to get to once I check it from work. Frustrations...

MoniDew
03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I just received a VERY nice letter from my yarner, and wrote a little note to my yarnee. This is so exciting! Can't wait to go shopping for my yarnee.
________
Suzuki A95 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_A95)

DQ
03-30-2007, 04:52 AM
I've not had any email from my secret pal yet :pout:

rennfamily
03-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm so excited. I'm going shopping this weekend and praying hubby lets me go an 1.5 away to look at yarn How crazy am I? But I have some great ideas for my yarnee since she emailed me back.

VickyS456
03-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I've been chatting back and forth with my gifter and giftee and am totally excited to go shopping tomorrow! :happydance:

kristinw
03-30-2007, 08:41 AM
I haven't heard from my yarner yet :pout: Maybe she won't be emailing me. I did email my yarnee and asked some questions but I haven't heard back yet.

Sanibelle
03-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I heard from both my swapee and swapor! I am so lucky - they are both so nice.

I think the most fun thing about the swap is meeting new people - and certainly the wonderful people on this board.

Now if I can only figure out what to buy.....

Lynn

Arielluria
03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I emailed mine too and got an email from MY secret pal. This is SOOOOOO cool! I love it!
:muah:

Does anyone have something in mind to knit with your new yarn yet? I do! I need to find the link, they are the most ADORABLE lacy socks! After we all get our yarn we should probably start a thread called "Yarn Swappers: What Are You Doing With Your New Yarn?" ;)

PaperGirl
03-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I got the sweetest email from my swapper today...maybe last night, I dont know...

She wanted all sorts of info! :roflhard: I hope I helped her... :oops:

DQ
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I haven't heard from my yarner yet :pout:

At least I'm not the only one then :pout:

snowbear
03-30-2007, 11:35 AM
KBLUE-- I'll tell.. heheheh it's one of us.... :teehee:

and, :teehee: its one in one of the 3 categories... :chair:

and for the record, I'm not a tease... just love sharing the fun!

:hug:

Arielluria
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
OMG OK OK which one of you is it :?? :mrgreen: Humm out of 56 people WHO COULD IT BE???!!???!!!??!! :rofl: Kblue, for a small of of say................a $500 stash of yarn I'll tell!

:roflhard: JK! You couldn't get it out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mum's the word!
:woot:

KathyinCali
03-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I e-mailed my my yarnee yesterday. It was really helpful :)

Haven't heard from my secret pal yet. I don't think it's a requirement though is it?

So much fun! :happydance:

kblue
03-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Well whoever my secret knitter is they seem like a very sweet and thoughtful person. :heart: :hug:

kblue
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
So i thought i would check since it's been a couple of days now........

Is there anyone who DID NOT receive their Secret Knitter Pal?????

sara_jayne
03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I e-mailed my pal and heard from the person who has me! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I'm so excited! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Kaydee
03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
I emailed my pal, but haven't heard anything back from them. I'd like to get some input on what they want, so I hope to hear something...but I'll try again if I don't hear anything. I also heard from my sender, and they are awesome! I can't wait to find out who they are! I :heart: you secret pal! :teehee:

aineepooh1
03-30-2007, 03:41 PM
NOPE~ I got mine both yarner and yarnee~

IM GOOD TO GO~!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

carmabelle1191
03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I e-mailed my yarnee (the person who gets the yarn from me) but I haven't heard back. I didn't get anything from the person who has me. I want to know badly!!! Please e-mail me! :muah:

KathyinCali
03-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I did a search and read every post my yarnee ever wrote. Gave some good insight and ideas for teases :teehee:

sara_jayne
03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
I did a search and read every post my yarnee ever wrote. Gave some good insight and ideas for teases :teehee:

It must not be me or you've been reading for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time! :teehee:

KathyinCali
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM

It must not be me or you've been reading for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time! :teehee:

LOL... :eyebrow:

letah75
03-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok, I've got the yarn for my pal....well I will tomorrow. I contacted a local Alpaca rancher, and she agreed to sell me some yarn. My pal is going to get some natural Alpaca yarn, with a picture of the Alpaca it came from.

Oh, and the Alpaca's name is Pippen. :teehee:

PCwombat
03-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I just bought yarn for my person! I'm rather jealous actually. :teehee:

So, to whoever I have...start checking your mail box in a few weeks. :happydance:

Also, I was slightly bad and bought some sock yarn for myself.

DQ
03-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok, I've got the yarn for my pal....well I will tomorrow. I contacted a local Alpaca rancher, and she agreed to sell me some yarn. My pal is going to get some natural Alpaca yarn, with a picture of the Alpaca it came from.

Oh, and the Alpaca's name is Pippen. :teehee:

Aww, what a lovely idea! I've just been reading about Alpacas, they're cute!

I hope I can find something nice for my pal, I can't wait to go shopping! But I have to wait til next week :pout:

cando
03-30-2007, 06:08 PM
waaaagh I wanna buy yarn too
Am still waiting for my yarnee to get back, but I have a few things in mind :eyebrow:

I got two verrry nice mails from my yarner :muah:

orcoastknitter
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I going to have to keep my pal in suspense for a bit. I need to wait for a payday, plus need to schedule a road trip! I have to travel at least 60 miles for my yarn. I am going to load up the pooch and hit the road for some yarn buying. It's going to be fun! Hopefully the weather will be good, but it's Oregon, it changes every 10 minutes!

jeanius80
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
letah: that is soooo cool! there is a farm near here too.. i haven't been, but maybe this is a good excuse!

mks22300
03-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm having fun emailing the person I'm sending yarn too, getting some ideas on what they may like. Haven't heard from the person who has me though, but I'm trying to wait patiently! :teehee:

TeenKnitter
03-30-2007, 07:20 PM
YAY! :woot: This is so fun. I have exchanged several e-mails with my yarnee, and spoken to the person sending me yarn. I'm so excited, going yarn shopping this weekend, already know what I want to get!

- Claire
:X:

iza
03-30-2007, 07:33 PM
This is so much fun! :cheering: I got an email from my secret pal, and I emailed the person I will send yarn to. I can't wait to go shopping! :eyebrow:

letah75
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
If anyone wants to see if there are Alpaca ranchers near you here (http://www.calpaca.org/ranchfinder.htm) is the link.
:hug:

Eloewien
03-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I went shopping today :) I picked a yarn that I've been drooling over for a while, figuring if it's that soft, anyone would probably love it!! I kinda ended up snagging a hank of Cascade Sierra for me while I was at it... hehe... couldn't resist. It was in the bin next to what I picked up, and the blue was calling my name!

cds11
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I've already started shopping at little! It's fun, I hope my person likes what I get....

I still haven't heard from my secret pal.. whoever you are.. just so you know there's no real rush to get my yarn to me (shocked? lol) as I won't actually be at the address given until the end of April... :pout:

aineepooh1
03-30-2007, 11:53 PM
HEY YARN SWAPPERS~
I HAVE A SUGGESTION/QUESTION: would anyone be willing to post how much the paid in postage to send to their yarnee?
Since I've never done this before I thought it might give me or others some idea of what amount of $ we will need for postage~

What do you guys think?? :happydance: :shrug: :happydance:

jeanius80
03-31-2007, 12:19 AM
oh this is so fun! :teehee: its just as hard to shop for someone as it is for me! everything is so pretty! i haven't decided if i want to buy online or at a LYS or farm....hmmmmm decisions, decisions 8)

jeanius80
03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
annie i think you could take a package to your post office/shipping store and ask them to wiegh it. :shrug:

Lieke
03-31-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't know yet when I'll go yarnshopping. I think I'll check the LYS first, but they never have much yarn. Maybe I'll buy online. I don't know yet. But I know 1 thing, my pal has to be a bit patient. Shipping will take some time. (my swap socks took about 1,5 weeks to get to my pal)

zkimom
03-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Do we "reveal" ourselves to our yarnees when we send the yarn? Or do we stay a mystery?

cds11
03-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Do we "reveal" ourselves to our yarnees when we send the yarn? Or do we stay a mystery?

I'm pretty sure we reveal ourselves when we send the yarn.. So, include a little card or note or something with the yarn saying who you are..

aineepooh1
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
YEP .. We tell them who we are~ although I have often thought they can READ our names on the front of the package it they want to :rofl: b ut I guess that won't tell them our SCREEN name :roflhard:

jjminarcik
03-31-2007, 03:06 PM
I've heard from my secret pal and I've contacted mine. I bought something for my pal. . .
I love my pal and my secret pal!!!!! :muah: :muah: :muah:

snowbear
03-31-2007, 06:20 PM
I heard from my secret pal today... So I'm in contact both ways.. I cant wait.. Did I mention I'm worse than a kid at X-mas?

This is sooo awesome.. I can't wait to give hugs & thanks... She is being so kind to find out what I want and anything special.. We all are soo lucky to have had kblue set it up!

jeanius80
03-31-2007, 07:08 PM
:cheering: i am ordering my yarnee's yarn today! its coming to me first so i can add some yummy goodies to it too! and fondle her yarn..... :teehee:

MoniDew
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
I bought my yarnee's yarn today!

I printed out the letter we exchanged, so that I could remember all her preferances, and I tried to get her things I thought (and hope) she will enjoy.... of course! I also picked up a few chocolates :heart: :heart: :heart: and a cute little porcelain cup to put them in (so they don't choco-litify all the yarn.)

Can't wait to get it in the mail, but tomorrow is Sunday, and tonight is too late. Monday must come quickly!
________
Dx11 (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_DX11)

cando
03-31-2007, 11:14 PM
I made a trip to the LYS today (there are no good ones close to where I live) and checked out all the yarns they carry. Didn't buy any because my yarnee still hasn't responded and I'm not sure what she'd like.There were some neat sales so I'm hoping she gets back to me soon :pray:
Can't wait to buy some yummy!

In the meantime I bought a set of DPNs I needed :mrgreen:

mare-nitt
04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I have made contact with both my yarner and yarnee. Everything is going good.
Now the hard part, of fun part, shopping. I might just have to pick up something for myself too!

A shopping I will go.

Marilynn

PaperGirl
04-01-2007, 10:47 AM
My yarn box has a them for my pal!

She told me her favorite color, and I think I went a bit nuts... :teehee:

I had a blast picking, and choosing...I hope she loves it!

DQ
04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I got an email from my secret pal! :cheering: :happydance:

letah75
04-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi all,
I just got my yarn for my secret pal!!! I went to the local Alpaca Ranch with a friend and her kids and the wonderful woman who owns the Alpacas let us pet them and hang out with them. I've posted a couple of pictures on my blog (www.letah75.blogspot.com)from the visit. Check it out, I think you'll all like the pictures. They came out well.

It was so fun, and the kids loved it. Oh, and the yarn I got for my secret pal, is butter soft!!!!!

I'm planning on including a CD of the pictures I took with the yarn. There are more I didn't put on my blog. I really hope my secret pal likes the yarn and the pictures as much as I enjoyed getting them for her.

Chel
04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
That is just too cool!!!! Aren't alpacas just LOVEABLE?!?!

jeanius80
04-01-2007, 07:46 PM
the yarn is so nice letah! and the alpaca pics are wonderful...i wanna hug them all! :heart:

TeenKnitter
04-01-2007, 08:53 PM
YAY! :cheering: I got my yarn pal their yarn today! Now all I have to do is get them the goodies to go with it! :woot:

cds11
04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from their secret pal? I haven't, and I just want to see that I'm not alone .. I know it's not required to email your yarnee, it just sounds like a lot of people have, so I want to make sure I'm not the only one, cuz then I'll worry.. only a little, I'm sure everything is fine.. I'm still super excited! I can't wait to get more shopping for my yarnee, and find out a litle more about what to get...

rennfamily
04-02-2007, 07:57 AM
cds11 You're not alone. I haven't heard from my secret pal either. But it does say you don't have to contact them.

Lieke
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
my pal might get some handdyed yarn. not dyed by me, since I'm to allergic for that, but I've found someone in the Netherlands who likes dying the yarn so much she dyes to much for herself to use all of it. :teehee:

VickyS456
04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Lieke, is this a store or a friend? If it's a store, dish! I'd be happy to give her some business :cheering:

Lieke
04-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Vicky, I've pmed you

VickyS456
04-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Lieke.

Sorry for the OT, everyone... but hand dyed yarn and LOCAL!!! Ya'll understand! :eyebrow: :roflhard: