PDA

View Full Version : Oddball Blanket #3 - Back in North Carolina!

Pages : [1] 2

Shandeh
03-22-2007, 01:49 AM
You may be aware of our Oddball Charity Blankets. So far, we have started working on two blankets for charity. We each knit 300 stitches across for 3 inches, then mail it to the next person on the list. The only expense you would be responsible for is the postage for mailing.

Some of you have said you would be interested in knitting a blanket with WOOL yarn for an international charity. Here is your chance!

If you would like to participate, please send a PM to Shandeh with your mailing address. We'll need 25 knitters to make a full size blanket.

If I see an interest, I'll get started casting on a new blanket in a worsted weight wool yarn.
:happydance:

Jan in CA
03-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Superwash?

Shandeh
03-22-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm not sure, Jan. What would you recommend for charities that require natural fibers? :??

Jan in CA
03-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure, Jan. What would you recommend for charities that require natural fibers? :??

If there is ANY chance that it will be washed it should probably be washable. According to the Afghans for Afghans (http://www.afghansforafghans.org/aboutfibers.html) website washing machines are a luxury so it's not a big deal to knit with unwashable wool. It's crossed my mind though that if it's washed in a stream and pounded on a rock it could still possibly felt a bit? :shrug: To be honest I don't know, but I think washable just to be on the safe side.

Shandeh
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Gosh, I don't know. I don't think it would felt in a stream, because the temperature would be constant. The sloshing around might make it felt a tiny bit, but not enough to really notice.

I kinda feel like we should just use ANY kind of wool. We just want it to be really warm.

Jan in CA
03-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Gosh, I don't know. I don't think it would felt in a stream, because the temperature would be constant. The sloshing around might make it felt a tiny bit, but not enough to really notice.

I kinda feel like we should just use ANY kind of wool. We just want it to be really warm.

Okay, then the only thing to consider is where you send it. If you use any yarn don't send it where they might have washing machines or access to them.

Shandeh
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Good plan! :thumbsup:

So, we will be knitting a blanket for someone that REALLY needs one. A person in a remote area. I think that will make this a WORTHY cause.
:hug:

letah75
03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Hey Shandeh as always you can count on me....we maybe not always since we just met, but for any charity blanket. :teehee:

I have a ton of wool, so if someone wants to participate and needs a skein, I can send them one. Also any help you need you let me know. I'd love to knit on this, but again, if there are new people, they will take precedence.

But Shandeh, soon you are going to have to quit your job and become a charity blanket orgainzer :teehee:

Ohh, maybe an orphange?

Jan in CA
03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Count me in on this one as well unless you get enough new knitters that want to join. :cheering:

bobi1218
03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I'd be interested in doing a wool blanket too! If there aren't enough new-to-oddball-blanket knitter, of course :)

lissalue
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
me too! i will do it if there aren't enough others. i really enjoyed the first one.

SabrinaJL
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd join. I have some WotA and some Swish that I have NO clue what to do with.

misha rf
03-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Me too!! Me too!! :waving:

Unless you need room for newbies.

:muah:

Shandeh
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Thank you all for joining! :muah:

I'm SO excited to see so many blankets in progress! :)

Here's my temporary list for easy reference, showing those who have volunteered for this blanket so far.

shandeh
letah75
Jan in CA
bobi1218
lissalue
SabrinaJL
misha rf
PaperGirl

I think we'll just leave this blanket open to EVERYONE, since it involves using a nicer yarn. So you guys are DEFINITELY on the list already!

Do you all think we should knit this wool blanket in a smaller size, or should we keep it full size like the other blankets we're making?

letah75
03-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I think full size is good. That way more people can snuggle under it.

PaperGirl
03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh what the hay!

Sign me up too, please? If I cant find any wool yarn that I like, can I "borrow" some from someone? Of course, to be replaced by yarn from my stash. :hug:

Shandeh
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh what the hay!
Sign me up too, please? If I cant find any wool yarn that I like, can I "borrow" some from someone? Of course, to be replaced by yarn from my stash. :hug:
I added you in the earlier post, PaperGirl! :hug:

letah75
03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh what the hay!

When the blanket gets going, you let me know if you need some wool. I've got about 4 LARGE bins FULL of all diff. kinds and colors. Think of me as a FAYS (Far Away yarn shop). :teehee:

bobi1218
03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Cool!! I vote for a full-sized blanket too, so it can be used as bedding if necessary.

lissalue
03-23-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree, i think full sized is the best idea.

PaperGirl
03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh what the hay!
I added you in the earlier post, PaperGirl! :hug:

Thank you! I cant wait to tell DH I signed up for another... :teehee: He loves these ideas!

PaperGirl
03-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh what the hay!

When the blanket gets going, you let me know if you need some wool. I've got about 4 LARGE bins FULL of all diff. kinds and colors. Think of me as a FAYS (Far Away yarn shop). :teehee:

:hug: :cheering: Thanks!

carmabelle1191
03-23-2007, 04:50 PM
My god Sandy, you've been busy! Three blankets at a time!
I would love to join, but I want to give someone else the opportunity to join if they haven't already done so (I joined in the first). If there is any room left and no one else wants to join, count me in. :thumbsup:

mjscott
03-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I want in too if there is room!
maranda

mjscott
03-23-2007, 07:32 PM
i want in too if there is still room
maranda

losnana
03-23-2007, 07:44 PM
me too! i will do it if there aren't enough others. i really enjoyed the first one.

Me too. You have my address from blanket # 2 but will happily send again if needed.

Julie

zip
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Sign me up, please?

*wanders away muttering: Knitting wool in the summertime in the SoCal desert. I've lost my tiny mind!*

Shandeh
03-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Thank you all for signing up again! :muah:

Here's our updated list of Oddball Wool Blanket knittters!
(not in order yet)

Shandeh
letah75
Jan in CA
bobi1218
lissalue
SabrinaJL
misha rf
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
zip

Your response indicates that we will keep the blanket the same size as the others we're making, so we still need a total of 25 knitters.

Right now, we have 12 knitters, so we have room for 13 more!

knittingmom2three
03-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have just been knitting for a couple of months, but I would love to participate in this!

MoniDew
03-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm in. :cheering:
________
DODGE INTREPID ESX HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Intrepid_ESX)

Shandeh
03-24-2007, 11:18 AM
knittingmom2three, please send me a PM with your mailing address, so I can add you to the list!

With our two latest entries, we now have 14 knitters! :cheering:

Shandeh
letah75
Jan in CA
bobi1218
lissalue
SabrinaJL
misha rf
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
zip
knittingmom2three
MoniDew

We only need 11 more to have enough to get this wool blanket started!

DeAnzaJig
03-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Please add me to the list if there's still room! I'd love to be part of this one.

:)

Shandeh
03-24-2007, 10:45 PM
DeAnzaJig and knittingmom2three, send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list! :hug:

We only need 10 more knitters for the wool blanket! :cheering:

letah75
03-25-2007, 01:28 AM
WOW, this is filling up super fast. :cheering:

stacy.duval
03-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh, heck, me too! Although towards the end of the list would be good, as I have several other projects going that I really need to finish first.

carmabelle1191
03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Do I need to send you my address? It might be easier than having to look it up, if you want me to. :hug:

Shandeh
03-25-2007, 09:28 PM
stacy.duval, Thanks! I'll add you to the list! :)
carmabelle1191, I already have your information. Thanks, though! :hug:

Here's our updated list (not in order yet)
Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf
letah75
Jan in CA
zip
bobi1218
SabrinaJL
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
MoniDew
knittingmom2three
DeAnzaJig
stacy.duval

That's 16 knitters. We have room for 9 more! :muah:

I cast on 300 stitches for the blanket yesterday, and lestrella and I knit several rows. I almost have it ready for lissalue. :)

I'm using a very boring vintage gray wool yarn I had in my stash. It's very old Coats & Clark Red Heart Knitting Worsted, which is 100% Virgin Wool. I was thinking of dyeing it first, but changed my mind. I figure it will make a nice, sturdy beginning and end to our wool blanket.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/434409578_17087c1664.jpg

ElenTikvah
03-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I would love to join this Oddball too, if there are more knitters needed...but I haven't used wool before (I've knitted with acrylics for afghans)...so, any advice on what type to get?

Thanks!

~Tik

MaryB
03-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Add me to the list, please! What a great way to help someone else (and de-stash part of my yarn mountain).

Mary

Shandeh
03-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I would love to join this Oddball too, if there are more knitters needed...but I haven't used wool before (I've knitted with acrylics for afghans)...so, any advice on what type to get?
Just look for a worsted weight yarn that says 100% Wool on the label. You can find it at Michaels or Hobby Lobby, or your local specialty yarn store.

Thanks for joining, MaryB! :hug:

Here's our updated list of knitters:

Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf
letah75
Jan in CA
zip
bobi1218
SabrinaJL
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
MoniDew
knittingmom2three
DeAnzaJig
stacy.duval
MaryB
ElenTikvah

That makes a total of 18 knitters,
so we only have room for 7 more!

Jeremy
03-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I would like to also. This is a great idea.

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for joining, Jeremy!! :muah:

All you have to do is PM your mailing address to me, and it will be official.

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
List update:

Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf
letah75
Jan in CA
zip
bobi1218
SabrinaJL
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
MoniDew
knittingmom2three
DeAnzaJig
stacy.duval
MaryB
ElenTikvah
lestrella
Jeremy

That makes a total of 20 knitters,
so we only have room for 5 more!

letah75
03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Shandeh,
I forgot we don't have to use superwash right?
Elisa

rennfamily
03-27-2007, 03:33 PM
ME ME ME please!! I somehow missed the first two.

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
ME ME ME please!! I somehow missed the first two.

Sure! Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll get you on the list. :hug:

Elisa, we are NOT using superwash. Just plain old wool. I think that superwash would probably be okay, though. But we don't HAVE to use it. :wink:

letah75
03-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Cool, cause I don't have any superwash. Now I can knit out of my stash!!! Oh yea baby! :cheering:

kashadilla
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
ME ME ME !
I somehow can't sit and make a whole charity blanket myself..and I think this is a fantastic way to do this. We should always have three at a time going! haha.

Though I'm not sure I caught the measurements our squares should be? And are we all sending squares to one person to be seamed, or are we knitting, sending to the next person, and then knitting ours?

lissalue
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
ME ME ME !
I somehow can't sit and make a whole charity blanket myself..and I think this is a fantastic way to do this. We should always have three at a time going! haha.

Though I'm not sure I caught the measurements our squares should be? And are we all sending squares to one person to be seamed, or are we knitting, sending to the next person, and then knitting ours?

Hi! i am sure sandy will answer you later as well, but for this blanket, the first person (Sandy) casts on 300 stitches, knits for 3 inches, then mails it to the next person needle and all, as well as any goodies they want to send the next person (optional). then, that person joins their yarn, and knits for three inches, then mails it to the next person. when you are ready to mail it, sandy will pm you with the next person's address.

hope you are still interested. if so, pm sandy (kh name Shandeh)with your address, and she will add you to the list! thanks!

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks Melissa! You did an EXCELLENT job answering kashadilla's questions!
http://bestsmileys.com/signs5/4.gif

Kasha, we are not knitting squares. We each knit 300 stitches for 3 inches when we receive the blanket at our home address. Then, we mail it to the next person in line. (just as Melissa described above.)

Thanks for sending your address!

List update:

Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf
letah75
Jan in CA
zip
bobi1218
SabrinaJL
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
MoniDew
knittingmom2three
DeAnzaJig
stacy.duval
MaryB
ElenTikvah
Jeremy
rennfamily
kashadilla
lestrella

That makes a total of 22 knitters,
so we only have room for 3 more!

kashadilla
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
OH! Thats great! I like that better. Then I don't have to worry about the measurements! And I like the idea of sending the next person something. Maybe I'll send some of my barf yarn that was my first attempt at spinning! Heehee. Let them deal with it haha :happydance:

Shandeh
03-28-2007, 08:48 AM
You're funny, Kasha :teehee:

This morning I decided to add a little change to my beginning rows of our wool blanket. I chose to switch to a different yarn to add some color to my portion. The gray was looking....well....a little gray. :?

So, I pulled out my stash of charity yarn that I received from that yarn lady. I grabbed a little ball of unlabeled wool and tied it on to my blanket knitting. As I was knitting the first row, I thought, "Hmm...this doesn't really FEEL like wool." I smelled it, and it smelled like wool. It looked like wool, but it had an interesting sheen to it. I thought, "Well, maybe it's merino or something." I looked closer at the ball, and noticed a little white sticker on the inside of the ball. It said "288 Mermaid".

So, I went to my computer, and googled "288 Mermaid". The first search result was the one I needed. This yarn is "Karaoke Solid" (http://www.yarnmarket.com/yarn/South_West_Trading_Company_Yarn-Karaoke_Solid_Yarn-1775.html) Yarn, by Southwest Trading Company! 50% Soy Silk and 50% Wool (That's why it smelled like wool!)

That's some NICE yarn! It feels WONDERFUL when you're knitting with it, and has such a beautiful glow. Wow! I have a bag full of samples to play with. Cool. :)

So, since it's not 100% wool, I had to tink the row of knitting I had done. I've put it back in with the rest of my charity yarn now. Maybe I'll use those balls to make a colorful sweater for some lucky person. Or, I could just sell it on eBay, and get LOTS of charity yarn with the money! (I think this bag of yarn is worth almost 100 dollars.)

Lisa1216
03-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Just saw this thread and would like to be on the list!! :cheering: I'll pm you my address.

Shandeh
03-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks for joining, Lisa! :hug:

Only 2 spots left!!

rennfamily
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
OOHHH Sandy that yarn is gorgeous!!

cindyln
03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I want to do this! I have a ton of WOTA.

letah75
03-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Shandeh,
I love wool/soy mix. I've made a couple of scarves out of yarn like that and it's so nice to work with!

The colors are just lovely.

Shandeh
03-28-2007, 09:08 PM
OOHHH Sandy that yarn is gorgeous!!
Thanks renn! :hug: By the way, I still need your mailing address for the blanket.

I want to do this! I have a ton of WOTA.
Thanks for joining, cindy!! :muah:

I love wool/soy mix. I've made a couple of scarves out of yarn like that and it's so nice to work with! The colors are just lovely.
It IS beautiful, isn't it? I never knit with it until today, and didn't know what it was until I found it online. It was in the huge bag of yarn I got from the lady I met who works for a yarn company. What a blessing!

Since Cindy has joined our knit-along, we now only need ONE more knitter to be ready to start!
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Since I wasn't able to use the Karaoke yarn in my stash, I looked through my craft room for some more 100% wool in a worsted weight. I found plenty of DK, but only one small skein of worsted....in beige. :?

Well, I was changing to a different color, because I was bored with the grey. I didn't see that beige would be much better.

Then, I remembered that I have about 25 packs of Strawberry Tea Kool-Aid that I won on eBay about a year ago. So off to the kitchen I went.

I put a pot of water on to boil, then dumped 4 packs of that old Kool-Aid in there. (It was so old, it came out in clumps from the packets.) I stirred it real good, until it was mixed well, then waited for it to boil.

Then, I got the yarn wet at the sink, then placed it in the pot of red water. Gently pushing down the yarn into the water, I immediately saw an intense change in color. I gently stirred the yarn to get it evenly coated, then let it sit until the water turned clear.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/438295390_6a1afe236b.jpg

After a while, I lifted up part of the yarn to see how it was progressing. Nice! :)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/438295382_37fb906734.jpg

It turned out a beautiful deep red! :heart: I love it! :cheering:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/438295376_15800bddd7.jpg

I think THAT will add some character to our Oddball Blanket! :happydance:

letah75
03-29-2007, 12:48 AM
:notworthy:

That is so pretty. I just bought a bunch of kool-aid to try the same thing. I'm afraid I'll accidentally felt the wool. But I'm stealing myself to give it a go.

That will definitely give the blanket some vaa vaa vaa vooom :teehee:

zip
03-29-2007, 12:56 AM
It turned out a beautiful deep red! :heart: I love it! :cheering:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/438295376_15800bddd7.jpg

I think THAT will add some character to our Oddball Blanket! :happydance:

Bee-yooteeful! :cheering: How will you dry it? I need to dye some of the virgin wool you gave me because K asked me to make baby Seth more soakers. :) I'm a noob. Hayulp!

Can't wait to knit on the charity blankets, btw. You're doing an amazing job with the organization. did i already tell you that?

Lisa1216
03-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Very pretty!! I've never dyed yarn before, someday maybe. That is a great color!! :heart:

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I guess I'd better post some links here for those of you interested in dyeing yarn with Kool-Aid. :) You'll find a LOT more links if you search for "Kool-Aid dyeing" on www.google.com

Just to let you know, I never add vinegar to my Kool-Aid dye, because the Kool-Aid has so much acid already, you don't NEED the vinegar. It makes the yarn smell a lot better too. :teehee:

KOOL-AID DYEING:
Here's my favorite basic guide for dyeing yarn with Kool-Aid:
http://www.thepiper.com/fiberart/koolaid/basic-howto.html
(I use the stovetop method at the bottom of the page)

Here are other articles about Kool-Aid dyeing:
Knitty Article (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/FEATdyedwool.html)
Knitter's Review Article (http://www.knittersreview.com/article.asp?article=/review/profile/010615_d.asp)
Straw.com Guide (http://www.straw.com/cpy/wisdom/koolaid.html)
Knit Picks Guide (http://www.knitpicks.com/Kool-Aid%c2%ae+Dyeing+Tutorial_PDDyeingTutorial.html)
Fun Guide with lots of photos! (http://snowangels.typepad.com/photos/kool_aid_dyeing/index.html)
Kool-Aid Color Chart (http://www.thepiper.com/fiberart/koolaid/colorchart.html)

Other ways to dye yarn, including Easter Egg Dye! (http://www.woolworks.org/dyeing.html)
(if I were you, I'd stock up on some Easter Egg dye when it gets discounted!)

:notworthy:
That is so pretty. I just bought a bunch of kool-aid to try the same thing. I'm afraid I'll accidentally felt the wool. But I'm stealing myself to give it a go.
GO for it, my friend! It's so easy, that you'll wonder why you never tried before!

Bee-yooteeful! :cheering: How will you dry it? I need to dye some of the virgin wool you gave me because K asked me to make baby Seth more soakers. :) I'm a noob. Hayulp!
I dried it last night, by just pressing out most of the moisture with paper towels (after it cooled down, of course), then hanging it up to dry in the laundry room.

It's SO easy. You've GOT to try it. Seriously.

Can't wait to knit on the charity blankets, btw. You're doing an amazing job with the organization. did i already tell you that?
Thanks, sis! :muah:
All those years of being a secretary taught me a thing or two. :teehee:
(Remember when we used to tell Mom that we would NEVER do office work?)

Very pretty!! I've never dyed yarn before, someday maybe. That is a great color!! :heart:
Thank you Lisa! :hug:

lestrella
03-29-2007, 11:04 AM
shandeh, the yarn came out beautiful. I didn't know that's how it was done. Does the cool-aid work with any kind of yarn or only with wool? I need to try that one day.

:hug:

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
shandeh, the yarn came out beautiful. I didn't know that's how it was done. Does the cool-aid work with any kind of yarn or only with wool? I need to try that one day. :hug:
Thanks, my friend! :hug:

It's REALLY easy.
Kool-Aid will dye any animal fibers (wool, silk, alpaca, llama, angora, etc.).

And it will sometimes dye other fabrics as well, when you DON'T want it to! :teehee: (a little girl's white Easter dress, for example)

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Here's a photo of the blanket, with some red knitting started! :heart:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/438805626_27a8e5f212.jpg

divagirl
03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Hi thre - if you're still looking for another knitter, you can have me! Deb

bobi1218
03-29-2007, 09:17 PM
That looks terrific, Shandeh!! I can't wait to see it in person :)

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Hi thre - if you're still looking for another knitter, you can have me! Deb
Yay!! Thanks for joining, my friend! :muah:
Just send me a PM with your mailing address, and it will be official!

That looks terrific, Shandeh!! I can't wait to see it in person :) Thanks! :hug:

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, we now have ALL the knitters we need for the 3rd Oddball Charity Blanket. As you all know, this blanket will be made with 100% wool yarn, so we can give it to an international charity.

Here is our list of knitters (NOT in order yet)

Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf
letah75
Jan in CA
zip
bobi1218
SabrinaJL
PaperGirl
carmabelle1191
mjscott
losnana
MoniDew
knittingmom2three
DeAnzaJig
stacy.duval
MaryB
ElenTikvah
Jeremy
rennfamily
kashadilla
Lisa1216
cindyln
divagirl
lestrella

Thank you all for joining!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

knittingmom2three
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Since I am such a newbie to knitting, I don't really have a stash yet- so I was wondering how much wool (approximately) should I buy? I thought I'd wait until it came to me and then buy something that would look good with it.

Shandeh
03-29-2007, 11:32 PM
It won't take a lot. Probably just one skein, but you might want to get two just in case. You can even get two different colors if you want, and do an inch and a half with each color, just for fun!

knittingmom2three
03-30-2007, 01:25 AM
OK, I can't wait to get started!

Shandeh
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm ready to sort all the knitters and make our map, but I still need two addresses.

Jeremy and divagirl -
HELP! I NEED YOUR MAILING ADDRESS!

PaperGirl
03-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Lime and Violet made me click it (http://cgi.ebay.com/Lambs-Pride-BULKY-MountainMysteries-Pinks-Reds_W0QQitemZ220075661356QQcategoryZ83944QQcmdZVi ewItem)

Anyone think this would be pretty for it? Im wanting some...and I might just use it on myself if I dont use it here. :roflhard:

letah75
03-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Lime and Violet made me click it (http://cgi.ebay.com/Lambs-Pride-BULKY-MountainMysteries-Pinks-Reds_W0QQitemZ220075661356QQcategoryZ83944QQcmdZVi ewItem)

Anyone think this would be pretty for it? Im wanting some...and I might just use it on myself if I dont use it here. :roflhard:

He he, it's very pretty. But it's bulky and I think we're using worsted, so I guess you'll have to use it on yourself. Oh shoot, I know you're going to hate it, but I think you'll just have to take one for the team.

:teehee:

PaperGirl
03-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh shoot.

What a total bummer. :pout:

Shandeh
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I agree! That would have been GORGEOUS on the blanket! :heart: :heart:

OK, I have ALL the names and ALL the addresses. :cheering:

Here's our list of knitters for the 3rd Oddball Blanket, IN ORDER! :)

Shandeh (North Carolina)
lissalue (North Carolina)
losnana (Virginia)
bobi1218 (Maryland)
rennfamily (Maryland)
carmabelle1191 (New Jersey)
Jeremy (Connecticut)
Lisa1216 (New York)
DeAnzaJig (New York)
divagirl (Pennsylvania)
MaryB (Illinois)
ElenTikvah (Wisconsin)
kashadilla (Minnesota)
mjscott (Montana)
letah75 (California)
Jan in CA (California)
zip (California)
knittingmom2three (California)
SabrinaJL (New Mexico)
PaperGirl (Texas)
stacy.duval (Texas)
MoniDew (Oklahoma)
cindyln (Kansas)
misha rf (North Carolina)
lestrella (North Carolina)

And here's our map! This blanket is traveling COUNTER-clockwise!
(we just love going against the flow, don't we?) :wink:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/440178504_439b2955e5.jpg

lissalue
03-30-2007, 07:12 PM
yay!!! i can't wait, i have the perfect yarn in mind to follow sandy's pretty red!! :heart: :heart:

carmabelle1191
03-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Wahoo! I like going counter clockwise. That means I'm the sixth person to go! I can't wait :cheering:

Shandeh
03-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I figured it made more sense to send a WOOL blanket through the northern states in the warm weather months. :teehee:

carmabelle1191
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I figured it made more sense to send a WOOL blanket through the northern states in the warm weather months. :teehee: :tap:
Just kidding. I don't mid, as long as I get to knit! :hug: :teehee:

Jan in CA
03-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Penalized because I'm in CA. Again. :nails:

:doh: Just kidding! I've got 2 graduations in the next 2 mos so it's best that I'm toward the end anyway. ;)

misha rf
03-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm near the end of both blankets. I'm gonna laugh if they arrive at the same time! :teehee: I'll just split the time--a few rows on this one, a few rows on that one... :happydance:

bobi1218
03-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Yay!!! I'm #4!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Is there a blog for this one, too?

lissalue
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
since i am the next knitter, and i get to send the blanket to "losnana", i need some info. can you tell me your favorite colors, and anything else about you that will help me pick a few goodies for you to send with your blanket?

Shandeh
03-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry you have to wait Jan! :hug:

Misha that WOULD be funny if you get both blankets at the same time! :teehee:

bobi, there WILL be a blog for this blanket. I'm working on it as we speak.

PaperGirl
04-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Yahoo! I cant wait!

divagirl
04-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi everybody! I'm Deb, aka divagirl, #10 on the list and the only one from PA. Just wanted to intorduce myself.

Shandeh
04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi divagirl! :waving:

rennfamily
04-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Sandy that yarn is beautiful! Love the coloring. I'm thinking of plying some of my hand spun and doing that too. Just not sure if I want to take the plunge!

Carmabelle Can you tell me about yourself a little so I can also send some goodies with the blanket?

carmabelle1191
04-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I PMed you rennfamily. Thanks for asking! :muah:

Shandeh
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Sandy that yarn is beautiful! Love the coloring. I'm thinking of plying some of my hand spun and doing that too. Just not sure if I want to take the plunge!
GO FOR IT!!!! :happydance:

kashadilla
04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm using handspun too! I might even make some on my new ashford joy just to send along to the next person! :happydance:

Shandeh
04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Great idea! :thumbsup:

I finished my portion of the 3rd Oddball Blanket, and now it's ready to hand over to lissalue. She'll be coming to visit me tomorrow, so I'll give it to her then! :)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/444226085_1db13cb61b.jpg

lissalue
04-02-2007, 08:47 PM
i get the blanket,
and i can knit it,
and then i'll mail it
to losnana

losnana
04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
I think I'm getting #3 way before # 2.

Lissalue, I pm'ed you. Thanks for asking.

bobi1218, since I'll be sending it on to you, can you tell me a little about yourself, your likes, etc?

I can't wait to get it!!

Shandeh
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I think I'm getting #3 way before # 2
Probably so! I've set up the travel route differently for this one, since it's wool. It's going up north first, during the warmer months. :wink:

Shandeh
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Here's our blog for this blanket! :)
http://oddballblanket3.blogspot.com/

Secksiebrat
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure if you have your 25 knitters already linned up or not, but I would be interested in participating in a blanket. I'm happy to wait until the 4th one comes out though. I'll try to watch for these a bit more carefully :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
04-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks Danielle! :heart:

We actually already have all 25 knitters ready to go for each of our three blankets. I can put you on as a "pinch knitter" in case someone has to back out.

Secksiebrat
04-03-2007, 04:28 PM
That's fine with me. If not I'll wait and hope that you guys do another blanket in the future :)

~danielle~

Shandeh
04-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Great Danielle, just send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll add you to the list of pinch knitters.

DeAnzaJig
04-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi Divagirl ! I'm #9 and I'll be sending the blanket to you when I'm finished with it. :)

losnana
04-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Lissalue, please let me know if you got the new pm. It said it was sent, but it still shows up in my outgbox, like the old one. If not, I'll send you the info on this thread.

Julie

Lisa1216
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi DeAnzaJig and fellow New Yorker!! :waving: I'll be sending to you. Where in NY do you live? I am north of Syracuse.

DeAnzaJig
04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Lisa1216 ! :waving:

I'm from the Capital District and I :heart: NY...except when it's really cold out.

carmabelle1191
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I am the only one from NJ. :verysad: I guess I'll have to live vicariously through the info from the posts and the blog about the meetings everyone had. Be sure the keep updates. :teehee:

lissalue
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Sandy, I was wondering...

If i use those two colors i showed you in some sort of color pattern thingie which has lots of ends, do you wnat me to weave them in, or will you mind doing it when you do all the others? I don't want to make more work for you.

Shandeh
04-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Just leave them. I don't mind weaving them in. No problemo. :)

lissalue
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Just leave them. I don't mind weaving them in. No problemo. :)

Youare so sweet!! I am going to start on it as soon as i finish one very important project i have going!! hopefully monday or tuesday. i have picked out my yarn and pattern!! :cheering:

Shandeh
04-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Cool! Just make sure the yarn is 100% Wool. :wink:

lissalue
04-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Cool! Just make sure the yarn is 100% Wool. :wink:

It's knitpicks WOTA, so i am sure! :wink:

stacy.duval
04-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Cool! Just make sure the yarn is 100% Wool.

Does it matter if it is sheep's wool, or would a sheep/alpaca blend, or a 100% llama handspun be okay? I have some extra "ultra alpaca" (50/50), and I am also working on spinning up some 100% llama into worsted weight yarn. Does the animal matter?

Shandeh
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Hmmm....I'll have to check on that. I'm sure that sheep's wool will work.

I'll let you know.

rennfamily
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the links on dyeing Sandy! I took the plunge yesterday. Or at least my yarn did. As soon as my order from knit picks gets here I'll be able to ply it up nicely and seen how well it turns out. Hurry up brown truck!

DeAnzaJig
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi Sandy,

I'm curious. Which charity will our blanket be going to? If you already posted it, sorry for the repeat question, but I went back to the beginning few pages and didn't notice anything.

Thanks!

Shandeh
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Yay for dyeing, Holly! :cheering:
(did the yarn come in yet?)

DeAnzaJig, we haven't chosen a charity yet, but our plan for this blanket is a charity that requires all wool. It will probably end up in a very cold climate!

Melissa, did you finish your part of the blanket yet?

letah75
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi all,

Kinda different subject but I thought I'd post this (on all three blankets):

I just wanted to let you know that my ISE4 secret knitter who is from Australia saw the charity blogs, and is planning on starting her own blanket in her country. She is planning on doing one for children, so it'll be a little smaller. They might send a children's book around with the blanket so that everyone can sign the book to go along with the blanket.

It's in the very early planning stages, but she said as soon as I find out who she is, she'll give me the blog address.

How cool. The love is spreading 'round the world from the North American continent! I think it's cool!!!

Jan in CA
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
That is awesome, Letah!

rennfamily
04-18-2007, 08:24 AM
My knit picks order did come in. Unfortunately no yarn for me in that box. I was waiting for a yarn meter since I'm overly anal about things measuring right. Of course then we went on vaca and I did nothing with the plying. Came home Monday and have been too busy with work and remodeling the house to do much.

lissalue
04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
hi! i am not finished with my part yet, 2 weeks kinda snuck up on me. but, i am going to knit what i can until lunch, then mail it on, and hopefully i can finish my 3 inches at the end.

Shandeh
04-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Life happens! I'm just glad you're able to knit a bit now, my friend.

I'll get it back to you at the end, after I pick it up in the mountains.

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Is the blanket in Virginia yet?

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Cool! Just make sure the yarn is 100% Wool.

Does it matter if it is sheep's wool, or would a sheep/alpaca blend, or a 100% llama handspun be okay? I have some extra "ultra alpaca" (50/50), and I am also working on spinning up some 100% llama into worsted weight yarn. Does the animal matter?

If we decide to give the blanket to Afghans for Afghans, they will take any kind of animal fiber. But no acrylic in the mix, please.

carmabelle1191
04-24-2007, 06:00 PM
How much yarn do you think we'll need? I have almost a full skein of Cascade 220 left, but I'm wondering if I'm going to need more. :shrug:

losnana
04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
I haven't received it yet. Can't wait, though!!

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Sarah, that one skein will be PLENTY! If you run out before the 3 inches is up, just stop knitting, or add on a different color. That's the beauty of this blanket. You can't make any mistakes! :muah:

Julie, I'm sure it won't be long. We'll just keep our fingers crossed. :)

DeAnzaJig
04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
About how many rows does it take to make 3 inches? :??

I can't wait for the blanket to get to NY! :chair:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
It takes about 8 rows to knit one inch, so I guess it's about 24 rows of knitting if you do all 3 inches.

carmabelle1191
04-24-2007, 09:33 PM
That's 7,200 stitches! :shock:
I hope I get mine done on time when it arrives. :pray:

Shandeh
04-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, you don't HAVE to knit for 3 inches. You can knit for just one inch if you want. There are plenty of "pinch knitters" available to fill in the final few inches if we need them. :thumbsup:

carmabelle1191
04-24-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm gonna try! :star: We'll see how that goes though. :teehee:
At least I know that if I don't get it done, someone else will do it for me! :hug:

losnana
04-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Yay!! Blanket # 3 just arrived in Virginia - along with a bunch of goodies. I'll post pictures tonight when I get home.

Shandeh
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

losnana
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Blanket arrived yesterday and is lovely. I'm going to attempt to attach a picture here. I've added one inch in the white and started one inch of the rose color. Don't know what will be next. Blue, maybe.

Melissa, thanks for the goodies: assorted tea bags and 2 skeins of Peaches n Cream in ice creamy colors. Perfect for dishcloth or washcloths, which I love making.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/losnana/P1010005.jpg

carmabelle1191
05-01-2007, 08:30 AM
I love the white, it looks so pretty! I can't believe it's moving along this quickly. :happydance:

Jan in CA
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Look how pretty and cheerful that is! Love it!

PaperGirl
05-01-2007, 01:31 PM
The white looks awesome with it! I cant wait to pick my colors! :cheering:

Shandeh
05-01-2007, 01:52 PM
When I saw the photo, I was like, "WOW!! How bright and happy it looks!" :)

This is going to be such a joyful blanket when it's done! :hug:

lissalue
05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I am so glad it got there and that you like your goodies! You are doing a wonderful job., It is a very happy blankie!!

losnana
05-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Blanket # 3 is ready and anxious to move on to its next vacation spot. I can't believe how fast it went. Here is a new picture. The blue is not quite as bright as it looks.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/losnana/P1010001.jpg

DeAnzaJig
05-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow! You are a speedy knitter!

The blanket looks great. :cheering:

Shandeh
05-04-2007, 11:29 PM
So cool! I love how bright and beautiful our wool blanket is becoming! :heart:

Jan in CA
05-05-2007, 02:32 AM
:cheering: :cheering:

carmabelle1191
05-05-2007, 08:09 AM
So cool! I love how bright and beautiful our wool blanket is becoming! :heart:
Me too! :happydance: I can't wait to get it...only a few more to go!

Shandeh
05-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I sent a message to our next knitter, but she hasn't replied yet. I'll let you know when she is ready for the blanket!

Shandeh
05-06-2007, 01:58 AM
losnana, bobi1218 is ready for the blanket! :cheering:

misha rf
05-06-2007, 11:03 AM
It's so pretty!! :happydance: :cheering:

lestrella
05-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Looks great! Love the colors!

losnana
05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
# 3 is on the road to Maryland.

bobi1218
05-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Yay!!! I can't wait to pick out my color :)

bobi1218
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
The blanket is here!!! It arrived today, no problems, and it looks great! Losnana also sent some goodies - a tin of Honey House Bee Bar body lotion (which smells sooo good!) and a skein of Artful Yarns Mystery, very cool. Thank you, Julianne!!

losnana
05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Glad you like. Enjoy.

Shandeh
05-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Woo Hoo! The blanket is in Maryland! :happydance:

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Today, I made a new blog, showing the location and progress of each of our blankets! http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/

Jan in CA
05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Oh good one, Sandy! I bookmarked that instead of all the others. :cheering:

Shandeh
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Thank you, Jan! :muah:

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 02:57 AM
How is the blanket coming along, bobi1218?

bobi1218
05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Sorry, I went MIA for a bit. The kids and I spent a few days with my parents for Mother's Day while DH is travelling. The blanket came with me, and I started my part 2 nights ago :) I'm hoping to send it on by the middle of next week!!

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Yay! :cheering: I'll check with the next knitter to see if they're ready.

DeAnzaJig
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow! #3 is traveling fast! :happydance:

Shandeh
05-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Bobi, did I give you rennfamily's mailing address?
Has the blanket been mailed?

bobi1218
05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Yes, you did, Sandy. I'll be sending the blanket this week - we're leaving on vacation on Friday, so it will have to go out by Thursday!!

rennfamily
05-22-2007, 12:47 PM
YEAH! I can't wait! Maybe the pet sitter should bring the mail in on Saturday? HMM I know it won't take long to get to us.

Shandeh
05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, you did, Sandy. I'll be sending the blanket this week - we're leaving on vacation on Friday, so it will have to go out by Thursday!!

Yes, MAIL that puppy!!! Your two weeks is over tomorrow, my friend. I might have to send the troops out to give you 40 lashes with a wet noodle! :teehee:

bobi1218
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't handle the pressure!!! LoL

I had to finish a sweater for DD before her birthday (the 19th), that's why its taking so long. I should get a good bit done on it tonight, though - both kids are tired and cranky, so they should go to bed early tonight :)

Shandeh
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
Good luck with the blanket, my friend! :hug:

carmabelle1191
05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Only two more! I'm so excited. #3 really is moving fast!

bobi1218
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I mailed the blanket to Holly this morning!!!

I chose a variegated yarn, Lion Brand Lion Wool in the Flower Garden colorway. I think it complimented the solids in the blanket, esp. the blue it is next to. Here are some pics:

We're leaving tomorrow for 10 days in Arizona, so I'll only be checking in sporadically until we get back. I hope the blanket makes it to Holly safe and sound :)

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Robyn, it's GORGEOUS!!!! :muah::heart::muah:

DeAnzaJig
05-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Nice yarn color choice! :lol: It looks great!

misha rf
05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Fantabulous color choice!! It looks lovely!! :cheering::happydance:

Can't wait for it to get to me...:drool:

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 12:50 PM
I just thought I would post in here to let you all know that I might be unavailable for the next few days. I am having a piano recital for my piano students this weekend, so I'm busy getting ready for that. :wink:

rennfamily
05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Robyn the blanket is beautiful!! It arrived yesterday evening and Charlie loves the puzzle you sent for him. I had to run to get some yarn but I'm working on it tonight!

losnana
05-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Robyn, it is beautiful!! I can't believe how well your variegated matches the blue.

carmabelle1191
05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Yay, it's coming to me next! I can't wait! Now to go find some yarn...I do have some Cascade 220 that I'll have to dig out of my stash.

rennfamily
05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Sarah That's exactly what I'm using. Ran to the LYS yesterday to get something that would go well with Robyn's varigated.

carmabelle1191
06-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm using the color "Sky Blue", or something of that nature. Convenietly it will go well with Robyn's and your colors!

letah75
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
My goodness, that is soooo pretty!!!

rennfamily
06-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm almost done. Will definitely be finished by the end of the weekend. Sarah are you ready?

carmabelle1191
06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm ready whenever you are! I can't wait!:cheering:

rennfamily
06-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Ok no beating me with wet noodles. I sent the blanket along to Sarah today But I forgot to take a pic before I mailed it off. Sarah I hope you like the things I sent along. Hopefully something in there is MMMM worthy!

Shandeh
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
:cheering:

carmabelle1191
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
:woot:It's here! It's here!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1125/532026968_4d7979c0d0.jpg
I love the presents, Holly! You are so generous! Here's what I got:
Spring '07 and Holiday '06 Vogue Knitting
A ladybug journal
size 6 DPNS
A Burt's Bees bag (I actually just lost my old Burt's Bees chapstick!)
Leftover Cascade 220 in purple
2 skeins of Mmmalabrigo! :heart: I've never touched Malabrigo before, it is so soft!
I'll be starting my portion tonight or tomorrow.
:woot:

Dangles
06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow what purdy gifts you got :) :drool:

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 02:01 AM
OMG! The goodies you got are INCREDIBLE!!!
:passedout:

Rennfamily, you're GOOOOOD! :inlove:

And the blanket looks SO NICE! :)

suziehomemaker
06-06-2007, 12:33 PM
That shawl is gorgeous! It's turing out really nice so far! Great job!
:cheering:

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
That shawl is gorgeous! It's turing out really nice so far! Great job! :cheering:

It's a blanket....but THANKS! :flirt:
Our 3rd Oddball Blanket has some very talented knitters. :thumbsup:

suziehomemaker
06-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I meant blanket - I swear! It's still gorgeous!

rennfamily
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
So glad it got there. Hope the colorway on the MM is good. I ordered that and some cactus flower and then couldn't decide which to send. But figured as a younger knitter you might like the more vibrant limey blues.

Shandeh
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I meant blanket - I swear! It's still gorgeous!
It LOOKS like a shawl right now, though....doesn't it? :teehee:

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Carmabelle1191, how's the blanket coming along?

carmabelle1191
06-10-2007, 10:38 AM
It's coming along great! I haven't gotten much done, so I might not make it to three inches. I've got a week left though!

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Enjoy your Oddball Blanket time. No worries! :muah:

carmabelle1191
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, I just finished up my blue Cascade 220 and am going to be using the leftover yarn that Holly sent me from her portion of the blanket. Right now I have two inches. I should be done soon!

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 01:32 AM
You GO girl! :thumbsup:

Lisa1216
06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Sandy~ Just a quick question...How much time do we get to knit the 3 inches? I'm not forseeing a problem getting done, I just want to make sure I keep the blanket moving along on schedule.
Thanks! Lisa

lissalue
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Sandy~ Just a quick question...How much time do we get to knit the 3 inches? I'm not forseeing a problem getting done, I just want to make sure I keep the blanket moving along on schedule.
Thanks! Lisa

Hey Lisa, I know you asked Sandy, but I thought since I know the answer I would field this one for her.:teehee: we each get 2 weeks to knit our portion of the blanket. have fun when you get it!!:hug:

Lisa1216
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks Melissa! :hug:

carmabelle1191
06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm all done with my portion of the blanket! :cheering:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1433/566194903_45127565b9_m.jpg
When I ran out of yarn, I used the extra Cascade 220 that Holly sent me and did a little double seed stitch pattern.
We do have a problem though, and that is that I accidentaly joined on the wrong row, so that the blue and the purple look like the wrong side. I didn't realize this until half an inch in because it was all bunched up on the needle. Any tips on how to get rid of this? I'm really sorry...:oops: :wall:

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know of a way except to frog it, and that would be a real pain. So, we'll just live with it. No biggie! :muah:

Shandeh
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Jeremy, did you receive the blanket yet?

Carmabelle, can you send me a larger photo so I can put it on the blog?

Jan in CA
06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't know of a way except to frog it, and that would be a real pain. So, we'll just live with it. No biggie! :muah:

There is one join on the 1st blanket that has that, too. It doesn't affect the warmth and to be honest most people wouldn't even notice!

carmabelle1191
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Jeremy, did you receive the blanket yet?

Carmabelle, can you send me a larger photo so I can put it on the blog?
No problem!:hug:

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the photo, Carmabelle!

Circumstances have kept her from mailing the blanket to Jeremy yet. We've been patient with her though. :hug:

Okay....enough love....

Now GET THAT BLANKET IN THE MAIL! :-x

carmabelle1191
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
My dad just sent it off. Sorry about that delay. :oops: :oo:

Shandeh
06-26-2007, 08:05 PM
My dad just sent it off. Sorry about that delay. :oops: :oo:

It's okay, my friend!!! We still love you just as much as before!
:heart: :muah: :muah: :heart:
Thank you SO much for knitting on the Oddball Blanket! :hug:

carmabelle1191
06-27-2007, 12:53 PM
:muah:

Jeremy
06-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Whew. I was starting to get a little worried. Glad I scrolled down.:happydancing:

DeAnzaJig
06-30-2007, 07:57 AM
The blanket looks great and it's getting closer to me!! :cheering:

Shandeh
07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
I just got a call from Jeremy. He has the blanket! :cheering:

Shandeh
07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Jeremy has completed his portion, so we're trying to contact Lisa1216 now. She might be out of town, since it's a holiday week, so we'll just have to wait and see. :wink:

Lisa1216
07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm here!!! Send it on!! I have my DD's graduation party this Saturday the 7th, but after that I'm free and clear to work on it!:cheering:

Shandeh
07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Yay!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

divagirl
07-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi all, Deb (divagirl) here! Sandy, I am leaving for vacation (to NC!!) on 7/27 and I will be back home 8/11. Just wanted to let you know so I don't hold things up. If I receive the blanket before I go I'll take it with me.

DeAnzaJig
07-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Yay!!!!! Way to go Jeremy!!! :cheering:

Jeremy
07-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Here is the latest picture of the blanket. I really enjoyed knitting it and basically that's why I went quickly. I've been doing a lot of cabling recently and it just felt good to do regular old garter stitch. I'm sending some presents which match my yarn colors:happydancing: The blanket got mailed by priority mail today. Happy Knitting and Happy Fourth to all of the US citizens and residents.:heart:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa138/JeremyBooty/th_OddballBlanket3.jpg (http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa138/JeremyBooty/OddballBlanket3.jpg)

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Thank you so much, Jeremy!
(It IS nice to have a simple project, isn't it?) :wink:

What kind of yarn did you use?

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi all, Deb (divagirl) here! Sandy, I am leaving for vacation (to NC!!) on 7/27 and I will be back home 8/11. Just wanted to let you know so I don't hold things up. If I receive the blanket before I go I'll take it with me.

Deb, if you want, I can have the blanket sent to MaryB before you get it. That will put it at your house after you're back home.

If you drive through Charlotte, wave at me! :waving:

MaryB
07-04-2007, 04:18 AM
xxxI'm ready whenever the blanket makes it way to Illinois!:knitting:

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I think I'll go ahead and switch you two then.

So, now, when Lisa1216 finishes knitting, she will send the blanket to DeAnzaJig, then DeAnzaJig will be mailing the blanket to MaryB, then MaryB will be mailing to divagirl.
:thumbsup:

Jeremy
07-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you so much, Jeremy!
(It IS nice to have a simple project, isn't it?) :wink:

What kind of yarn did you use?

Wool of the Andes and Patons.

MaryB
07-04-2007, 05:00 PM
I think I'll go ahead and switch you two then.

So, now, when Lisa1216 finishes knitting, she will send the blanket to DeAnzaJig, then DeAnzaJig will be mailing the blanket to MaryB, then MaryB will be mailing to divagirl.

DeAnzaJig
07-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Got it! :thumbsup:

Lisa1216
07-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I received the blanket yesterday and also a great red and white tote bag and mug from Jeremy. :cheering:(Thanks Jeremy!!) I was able to start about an inch of my part last night. Hopefully I'll be able to finish next week once DD's graduation party is over.

Shandeh
07-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Good luck on finishing your portion, Lisa! :thumbsup:

If you find that you can't complete 3 inches in 2 weeks, just do as much as you can, and send it on to the next person.

We need to do all we can to get our blankets on a timely schedule!

Thanks! :hug:

Jeremy
07-08-2007, 12:33 PM
I received the blanket yesterday and also a great red and white tote bag and mug from Jeremy. :cheering:(Thanks Jeremy!!) I was able to start about an inch of my part last night. Hopefully I'll be able to finish next week once DD's graduation party is over.
:cheering::cheering: You're very welcome. They are from the town's highschool which is actually a private school to which the town pays tuition. I'm really glad you like the gifts.

divagirl
07-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey Sandy. Sorry I haven't gotten back to yyou about that. We had my MIL's surprise 70th this weekend and the family reunion and I haven't stopped moving since last week!

I will be home from vacation on the 10th of august, so that's fine. Thanks!!

Shandeh
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Sandy. Sorry I haven't gotten back to yyou about that. We had my MIL's surprise 70th this weekend and the family reunion and I haven't stopped moving since last week!

I will be home from vacation on the 10th of august, so that's fine. Thanks!!

I'm glad it's in stone now. :wink: Be careful on your travels!

Lisa1216
07-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Just a quick update on my section...I only have about a half an inch or so left to do, so I should be able to finish it up tonight or tomorrow. :happydance: It's been in the 90's here, so I'm glad I have a/c at home. I'll let you know when I'm done and so I can send it on to DeAnzaJig.

Shandeh
07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Woo Hoo! Great job, Lisa! :cheering:

DeAnzaJig
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm getting excited to see the blanket in person! :cheering:

Lisa1216
07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
The blanket is in the mail!!:cheering: I sent it priority mail, so it should arrive on Monday. I use Cascade 220 yarn. I added a blue stripe after Jeremy's red & white ones with a simple k2tog yo pattern, and yellow after that in a different stitch pattern.

Can't wait to see it when it is all finished!

misha rf
07-13-2007, 05:10 PM
It's so pretty!!! :inlove:

Shandeh
07-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Nice! It looks like a big smile! :hug:

DeAnzaJig
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
The blanket arrived!! :cheering: (Please excuse the poor photo quality, but I used my camera phone so I could post this asap!)

Thank you so much for the cute candle burner Lisa1216! I'm so happy I'll have something to always remind me of this oddball blanket, even after I ship it off. I liked the stitch patterns you used on the blanket.

It's so neat to have it sitting on my lap while I type this to everyone.

It's going to be taking a little road trip with me this weekend, and I'll be sure to take a few pictures to post of it's travels. We'll be going to a very NY place.

My goal is to get my 3 inches knitted and ship the blanket off this Monday! Time to get... :knitting:

Jeremy
07-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Nice job Lisa. I really like how its looking:thumbsup:

Shandeh
07-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Cool photo! I think this wool blanket has such a clean, bright look to it. And the stitches "stand up" so perky and strong!

I guess wool yarn is a good choice for knitting, huh? :teehee:

Lisa1216
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Glad it arrived safely and that you liked the candle burner. :cheering:Have fun on your trip and knitting on the blanket!

zip
07-21-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm getting excited about working on the blanket. Only about four months until it's here! It's like anticipating Hallowe'en or Christmas. :teehee:

edit: I can see that it's beautiful. Great work, everyone! :heart:

DeAnzaJig
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Here's a couple pictures of the blanket taking in the 1 pm NY Yankees game this past Saturday at Yankee Stadium. The Yanks even managed to beat the Devil Rays.

They look through your bags when you go in, so I had to make sure the needles were hidden! The woman must have thought I was crazy bringing a wool blanket into the Stadium on a sunny, 80 degree day in July.

I didn't finish this weekend, but I only have 2 more rows to go and then I'll be ready to send the blanket on its merry way.

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I LOVE IT! :cheering:

Our blanket is livin' the life! :)

Kinda like a Flat Stanley, isn't it? :wink:

PaperGirl
07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Thats so pretty! It looks wonderful!

zip
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Here's a couple pictures of the blanket taking in the 1 pm NY Yankees game this past Saturday at Yankee Stadium. The Yanks even managed to beat the Devil Rays.

They look through your bags when you go in, so I had to make sure the needles were hidden! The woman must have thought I was crazy bringing a wool blanket into the Stadium on a sunny, 80 degree day in July.

I didn't finish this weekend, but I only have 2 more rows to go and then I'll be ready to send the blanket on its merry way.

Isn't it illegal for a Yankees fan to have a Boston Terrier? ;) I dare not tell my SO (a New England fan for the past 40 plus years) that there's a blanket coming here after it visited the stadium of the enemy.

Shandeh
07-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Jeremy
07-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure I like my wool being brought to Yankee Stadium.:teehee:

Shandeh
07-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I knew this would stir up the crowd. :lol:

DeAnzaJig
07-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Isn't it illegal for a Yankees fan to have a Boston Terrier?

I prefer to call them my "New York" terriers. :lol:

I'm not sure I like my wool being brought to Yankee Stadium.

I did notice your red and white stripes stiffen up a bit when we entered the Stadium. :p

Shandeh
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
:roflhard: