PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

HamburgKnitter
03-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi All!

Other than one thread about sock patterns, I've turned into a bit of a lurker here at KH. I just wanted to say that "I'm back" to those that remember me...and a big welcome to all the people who have signed up recently. This is such a nice forum - you will love it here.

Work has gotten crazy over the best few months, as well as my oldest cat being very sick. He had Chronic Renal Failure for more than 5 years, diagnosed when he was 13. He passed away on Tuesday morning. :pout: I miss him terribly, but I know it was time for him to go.

So....now it's time to try to look forward and get more involved in things again. I've been busy knitting - in fact, knitting has proven to be a tremendous help in the past very stressful weeks. My latest project is a pair of jaywalker socks for a friend of mine in Australia, which I'm almost finished with.

Now I'll try to get caught up!

Vendie
03-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Welcome back! :hug:

So sorry to hear about your kitty. :pout: It's always so hard to lose a beloved pet. :heart:

auburnchick
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
So sorry about your cat. :hug:

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

Lieke
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
great to have you back!

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is always hard, even if you know it was his time to go. :hug:

Jan in CA
03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty! It's never easy. :hug:

Welcome back to knitting!

dink
03-22-2007, 12:46 PM
:hug: I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. It's nice to know however, that knitting has been something to just get you through things & just be an escape from the daily grind.

Hope to be hearing more from you as you've come out of lurking :hiding:

-Melissa

aineepooh1
03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry you lost your baby~ :verysad: but like you said sometimes you get to a point you just can't stand to see them suffer anymore heart:
but you were obviously a great "mom" b/c you took care of for so long.
I dont know if you are up to it yet but someone made a knitted kitty as a tribute to their cat~! :hug: just a thought

But: Welcome back~ Here's to happier days ahead~!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :hug:

Rennagayle
03-22-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm so sorry you lost your puttycat. :pout: We lost two beloved dogs last year, and it was terribly painful for our family. You love them like your kids, and when they die you feel like part of your heart has been ripped out. It's hard, so hard, but it really does get easier. Before you know it, as the months go by, you'll find yourself smiling rather than crying when you dwell on memories of happy times with them.

It's good to have you back here. My baby girl (23) is over there in Germany, so a little of my heart is there, too. :D

HamburgKnitter
03-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Thank you all for your kind words. :heart: