PDA

View Full Version : Just finished The Friday Night Knitting Club

1knittychick
03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Has anyone else read this? I found myself bored thru most of the book. Maybe the movie version will be better. Comments?

dustinac
03-22-2007, 07:17 PM
:waving: I found it very boring.. I hope the movie is better.. :teehee:

zkimom
03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm just starting it and I like it so far.

mrs.hre
03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
i am going to buy that book is it that bad????????????

1knittychick
03-22-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't want to discourage anyone from buying a book--another passion of mine. I purchased mine thru Amazon.com and read all the comments (good and bad) before deciding.

dustinac
03-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I got mine at the library... so you might wanna try there first and see.. I always do this and then if I like the book I go back and purchase it :teehee:

Jan in CA
03-23-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm waiting for it to come in at the library. I just checked...I'm number 2 on the list now...down from like 15. Been waiting awhile. :teehee:

RiverDaughter
03-23-2007, 02:02 AM
For some reason, I envision this book as a cross between Friday Night Magic and Fight Club, but with a lot of yarn. I don't think that's right, though. :roflhard:

zkimom
03-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Mine is from the library -- like I said, so far, so good -- but I haven't gotten very far with my reading -- I have an entrelac project that I am obsessively knitting on.

From what I've read, I like the writing style. I have been having trouble concentrating on anything I read these days and when I find something that I can get through easily, I'm happy.

I like the character descriptions and I like the opening page which begins: " Choosing your wool is dizzying with potential: The waves of colors and textures tempt with visions of a sweater or cap (and all the accompanying compliments you hope to receive) but don't reveal the hard work required to get there. . . ."

So far the descriptions of the shop make me wish it existed and I could get there.

I'll let you know if I still like the book after a few more chapters!

Best,
Susan

MaryB
03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I was disappointed with the book. I agree with the posts that suggest getting it from the library.

I have this very annoying habit-------I have to read any book I buy! :shrug: If I borrow it from the library, I feel free to return it after giving the author a fair chance. I paid $$$ for this one!!!! :verysad:

KathyinCali
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I read it. I enjoyed it but I wasn't expecting a literary experience. It moved slow in the beginning but once she got her characters built it was more enjoyable.

1knittychick
03-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Now if anyone wants to read the book and not buy it I have mine to loan--kinda like a traveling book. I can ship it, you read, write your thoughts inside the book and pass it along to the next person. Last person sends back to me. Just a thought.

ChristinaKnits
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
I 'd love to be first in line ;)