PDA

View Full Version : Found yarn at our local $tree

1knittychick
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
There I was walking thru the Dollar Tree and there it was--Lion Brand Yarn Fun Fur Stripes! I thought I was dreaming, so I just stood there for a minute and closed my eyes. I opened them and it was still there! I bought 2 balls of each kind they had. When I checked out, the clerk asked me "Is this what you make scarves out of?". I proudly said yes--Knitting is a great stress reliever.

Who would have every thought, my LYS ---- the $Tree.

aineepooh1
03-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I also saw it at the front register of Big Lots one day in a basket selling them for $2 skein~!

1knittychick
03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the nearest BL near me would be in Tuscaloosa (90 minutes away). I have learned that when I see yarn I like, go ahead and buy it. So what if I have enough to start my own LYS!

aineepooh1
03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
There's a term for this situation:
It's called a yarn "stash"

Youre just starting.. it's only gonna get worse~! :rofl:

Rennagayle
03-24-2007, 12:06 AM
I was in our local Big Lots a couple of weeks ago and found three skeins of Bernat Boa (my mom loves scarves out of it) on a clearance aisle. The thing is, the brand was something different that I've never heard of, but the picture of the lady wearing a knitted item on the front was identicle to the picture on the Bernat skeins. Clearly it was the same yarn. As I said there, were three skeins. One was marked fifty cents, and the other two were each marked a dollar. I grabbed them all. :happydance:

I have also found novelty fur yarn at our Dollar Tree, though it wasn't Lion Brand.

KnitClickChick
03-24-2007, 07:19 AM
I recently saw some Lion Brand in Tuesday Morning. Pretty cheap, but it was so hideous I didn't buy it. I'll have to check my local $ store though, that is a great find!

Rennagayle
03-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I saw some yarn in Tuesday Morning, too. I can't remember what brand it was, but I do remember it was totally unappealing to me, and at that time (brand new knitter), my yarn tastes were not all that discriminating.

tarrentella
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM
fo people in England, have a little nosey in Wilkonsons, they are selling eyelash yarn in a variety of colours for 2 for three balls. Its not super quality, but its not bad especially for things like fluff scarves and trims.

1knittychick
03-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think we have a Tuesday Morning store around here. I've seen/heard the Lauren Bacall ad's for it.

imported_Knitty_Kat
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I bought some Lion Boucle at the Dollar Tree a couple of months ago. They had an entire bin of the stuff.

DQ
03-24-2007, 05:29 PM
fo people in England, have a little nosey in Wilkonsons, they are selling eyelash yarn in a variety of colours for 2 for three balls. Its not super quality, but its not bad especially for things like fluff scarves and trims.

Do you have any 'Home Bargains' near you? In mine they sell some for 49p a ball...well they did, and some other cheap stuff. Good for playing and practicing.