PDA

View Full Version : Charity Oddball Blanket ; EUROPES TURN

tarrentella
03-24-2007, 04:00 PM
The various charity blankets being created and weaving there way across the states is sucha good idea. I thought maybe we could start one on this side of the pond for the UK and European knitters. Same idea, i start it off and then post my rows and needles on tot he next person on the lift who adds their 3 inches who passes to the next person and so on, then back to me to finish off and give to chosen charity.

Any body interested? and if you are does anybody have a charity they would particularly like to donate the finished project to? (or somewhere like a local homeless shelter or hospice).

Tarri

Current knitters
tarri
leike
sig
huburgknitter
dq

Jan in CA
03-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm not in Europe, but I know there was at least one knitter, Lieke I think, who expressed interest. I hope you get it going!

Lieke
03-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Yes, I'm really interested. I'll be busy till the 27th of april, but not as busy as I was the last month, so put me on the list. I'll pm you with my adress :muah:

tarrentella
03-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks Lieke.

OK that puts the list at 2. Myslef and Lieke

COme on guys this is going to be more of a charity hankercheif at this rate!

Lieke
03-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Well, I'm afraid we'll be the only ones :pout:

Jan in CA
03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Put a note in the general forum with a link to this thread. Not everyone comes in here, but most check the general forum.

There are a lot of european members here so it may take more time, but you should be able to get a few more. :heart:

sara_jayne
03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe we could make a list of those we know who are Eurpoean and you could send them PMs letting them know about the KAL (i.e. Have you seen this) so there is no pressure, but letting them know about it? :shrug:

Shandeh
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Great idea, Sara Jayne! :wink:

Good luck, you two!!! :cheering:

tarrentella
03-28-2007, 04:25 AM
oo yes good idea how will i sort that out? il certainly posta a link in the general forum

DQ
03-28-2007, 06:12 AM
I'd be interested in that ^_^ Tell me more!

(your post in the general forum works! :teehee: )

Lieke
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
I've also posted a link here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=420318#420318)

There are a lot of european knitters :)

HamburgKnitter
03-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm in! I didn't see the other thread or I would have answered earlier.

So that makes three of us. :cheering:

I'm still quite the beginner....so you don't expect something fancy, do you? Any special "requirements" as far as pattern, yarn, etc. goes? I'll just need a circular needle with an extra-long cable on it, or?

I have no major projects planned at the time, so you can send me the blanket first and I can get to it right away.

Who should I PM my address to?

Lieke
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
tarentella is organizing this, so I pmed my adress to her

tarrentella
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
oo im organizing somthing... thats scary - thank you for posting in the other forum leike.

What i will do is start the blanket off on a long cabled circular needle (not sur how many stitches yet) and knit probably about 3 inches, i will then post my knitted bit still on the needles to the next person, this person then just picks up where i left off with their own yarn, adds their 3 inches and then passes it on to the next person still on the needles.
It can be any yarn and doesnt have to be anything fancy. Probably just garter stitch will do or seed stitch. The colours dont have to match and the yarns dont have to be expensie, the main thing is that it grows in to a bg comfortable crazy blanket made with love to be given to charity.

If you PM me with your adresses then i will distribute them when we start to the apropriate people.

tarrentella
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
oo im organizing somthing... thats scary - thank you for posting in the other forum leike.

What i will do is start the blanket off on a long cabled circular needle (not sur how many stitches yet) and knit probably about 3 inches, i will then post my knitted bit still on the needles to the next person, this person then just picks up where i left off with their own yarn, adds their 3 inches and then passes it on to the next person still on the needles.
It can be any yarn and doesnt have to be anything fancy. Probably just garter stitch will do or seed stitch. The colours dont have to match and the yarns dont have to be expensie, the main thing is that it grows in to a bg comfortable crazy blanket made with love to be given to charity.

If you PM me with your adresses then i will distribute them when we start to the apropriate people.

sig
06-18-2007, 08:23 AM
what did ever happened with the blanket?? :shrug: Havenīt heard anything! I think is a great idea!! Pleeeeeeeease, lets do this!!! :pray: Hehehe, Take care and have a great week! :muah:

laptop_knitter
08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Count me in, got plenty of time and yarn to spare