PDA

View Full Version : Help with Noro Kolsva pattern

sheepfeathers
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Normally I knit my sweaters in the round. This is the first one that requires seaming all the parts together. Right now, I'm knitting the back of the Kolsva pattern from Noro Revisited (Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton). I'm at the armholes, and this is what it says:

"Bind off at each armhole edge every other row 3 sts once, 2 sts once, 1 st once."

Can someone explain to me exactly what I should do here? This is what I think: on the first row, should I bind off 3 stitches on either side, on the second row simply knit, on the third row bind off 2 stitches on either side, on the fourth row simply knit, and on the fifth row bind off one stitch on either side.

Also, when I start the front, it says "Cast on and work as for Back until piece measures 12 inches."

Does this mean I should include any ribbing or waist shaping that was done on the Back panel?

Thank you so much for your help! It's greatly appreciated!!

HamburgKnitter
04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I understand the part about binding off for the armholes the same way you do.

And yes, the front should be knit EXACTLY like you knit the back - until you get to 12 inches. Then I assume all the armhole / neck shaping will be done.

Ingrid
04-04-2007, 12:13 PM
You can't bind off at the end of a row, so when they say 'every other row' for the bind-offs, you're basically binding off at the beginning of each row.

For example--

Bind off 3 stitches EOR twice would mean to bind off and finish that row, then bind off at the beginning of the next row. Then do it again. It works out that each edge will have been bound off every other row--just not on the same row.

sheepfeathers
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
So should I bind off 3 stitches, knit to the end. Then turn the work, bind off 3 stitches, knit to the end. Then turn the work, bind off 2 stitches, knit to the end, etcetera? (This is to start the armholes).

Ingrid
04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Yes, that's what you do.