PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina help?

rennfamily
04-09-2007, 07:17 AM
We're going to Tarboro this week and I'd love to go yarn shopping. I see from the map that there's a shop in Wilson called Knit Wit. Does anyone know if it's still open? Is this the only one around?

Thanks Guys!!

lissalue
04-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I am in NC, but unfortunately, i can't help you with your problem. Just wanted to say hi and enjoy your trip!!

rennfamily
04-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks! This is why I want to move and open a yarn store there. There's one near the town we're moving too but it's an hour away. Luckily all the men want to go to the train store. So my sis and I are kidnapping my mom and going yarn hunting.

RuthK
04-10-2007, 10:06 AM
I have no idea, but just wanted to say hi since you'll be in my old neck of the woods. I lived in Greenville until I was 16, but that was a loooong time ago!

KathyinCali
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
We're going to Tarboro this week and I'd love to go yarn shopping. I see from the map that there's a shop in Wilson called Knit Wit. Does anyone know if it's still open? Is this the only one around?

Thanks Guys!!

My family is about 15 miles from you in Oak City :) If you find any great yarn stores out that way I'd love to hear about them!

rennfamily
04-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Kathy, Knit Wit is still open. They had a great selection. The owner was really nice except for the crack about my Older sister being my daughter. I got some tofutsie's there and she had the greatest cotton from Misti Alpaca. Soooo soft. Prices weren't bad either. The downstairs was divided in 3 sections: Vera Bradley bags, gifts (crystal and such) And the fingering/sock and sport weight yarns. Up the stairs was the DK to bulky yarns, accessories and a whole separate room just for needle point. They're in Wilson on Ward Blvd. It was pretty easy to find since Ward is one of the bigger streets.