Chel
04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I broke my foot. :shrug:

Jenelle
04-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Ouch! :shock: :shock:

MoniDew
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
OH no!! Wishing you a very speedy recovery and much no-excuse-now knitting time!
________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

hellokitty165
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I am sorry... hope you recover soon ... take care ..

mks22300
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Ouch! How'd you do that? Get better soon! :hug:

Jan in CA
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Bummer! (at least it's not your hand though!) :hug:

carmabelle1191
04-09-2007, 07:29 PM
(at least it's not your hand though!)
I was going to say the same thing. Now the have an excuse to sit and knit. :teehee: How did you break your foot? But on any rate, I hope you get better soon and have a speedy recovery. :hug: :muah: :heart:

MMK
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
By the time it's well, you should have at least 3 pairs of socks that fit both feet. Or you could make a cast cozy? Hope it doesn't hurt too much!

auburnchick
04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the foot. The sock I CO last night is a little too big...it might fit over your cast. :teehee:

bobi1218
04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh no! I hope it doesn't hurt too much, and you get to rest and recover (and knit!)

misha rf
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Ohhh...I'm sorry. I totally feel your pain. Been there, done that--last summer. Two weeks in the plaster, three weeks in the boot. At least I got time off from work (worker's comp, since I managed to do it on the job). I did a LOT of knitting while my brain was slowly sucked out by daytime TV. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and get lots of knitting done!!! :muah:

Chel
04-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Well, I don't have a cast yet, just a splint. I will be getting my cast on Friday when I see the orthopedist. :) But in the mean time...

Ronda
04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh, ouch. That stinks! Take care of yourself...and knit like crazy!

BinkyKat
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
What the? Oh that just sux...I broke my arm in two places when I was 5 so I don't remember what it felt like. I remember screaming my head off when mom took me to the ER though, bad news! I've never broken anything as an adult and I can say with certainty I would not be able to handle that kind of pain.
Prayers for a speedy and pain free recovery! :hug:

Knitting_Guy
04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
that sux

SandraEllen
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
OMG!!! I just got out of my "cast" from when I broke my foot!!!
Here (http://www.aircast.com/products/product.htm?pid=76&pgid=E7360135-9E0F-4F4C-B1CE-36C61D3CC757&rnd=229460517)is the thing I got. It was AWESOME!!! If your insurance pays for it, and your orthopaedist offers it to you, take it! it rocks!

i broke my 5th metatarsal. took 6ish weeks to heal.

I hope you feel better soon and it heals quickly!!!

lauraknits
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
ohh, bummer! Good luck for a speedy recovery!

dakatzmeow
04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
prop that baby up and knit your heart out. sorry you got hurt.

jdee
04-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Ouch! Take care, and feel better soon.

Inis
04-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Yikes! How'd you do it? You know -- so we can avoid doing what you were doing ;)

I don't know about a foot, but I broke my ankle a few years back. Loooooong recovery for me. The doc put in screws and a plate. Then, went back into surgery to take out the hardware a year later.

sara_jayne
04-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Yuck!

I hope you can rest up and heal quickly - which calls for lots of knitting! ;)

Andrea
04-10-2007, 06:38 AM
:hug: Ouch!!

DQ
04-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Hope it's not too painful for you :( :hug:

rennfamily
04-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Sorry about the foot! That stinks. Which ortho are you going to? Ferrero is the best over there. Sending tons of quick healing vibes.

kristinw
04-10-2007, 07:49 AM
owie! That stinks. Happy healing!! :hug:

Chel
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Yup, I'm seeing Ferrero on Friday. :) I'm glad to know he is good!!!!! :cheering:

rennfamily
04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
He's the best. Saw me when I broke my ribs not that they could do anything about it and saw DH when he broke his ankle. He's so caring too. (Doesn't hurt that he's good looking too) :rofl:

jjminarcik
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Chel! Oh, no! Take care of yourself and xxx xxx alot!!!!

dink
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
:hug: Well, I can't say too much that hasn't already been said, other than, take care of yourself....and :X: :X: :X: to your hearts desire. And, of course, take full advantage of any help you can get! :teehee:

PaperGirl
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sanibelle
04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Chel -

I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing.....

I can't belive you broke your foot... hope you are OK and that you will not have to have your cast too long....

Lynn

dustinac
04-11-2007, 02:43 PM
I Hope you have a fast recovery!! :hug:

Chel
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm doing good. Determined not to let this slow me down.

I feel stupid tough because I can not do the simplist of things!!!!

For example, my mom is disabled and I am her sole caregiver. I went to the store to get my prescriptions and realized... I can not operate a shopping cart and crutches at the same time.

The toilet here at work is low.... now I can only use the handicapped stall because I have to have the rails to help me up because I can not put weight on that foot. And forget "squatting"! Try squatting one one foot.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Sometimes I think my life is a comedy of errors.

Sanibelle
04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Geez - the things we take for granted....

I hope you have a speedy recovery and if you need anyone to go yarn shopping for you, I volunteer!

Lynn

nadja la claire
04-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Ouch!!!!! Well, at least you can still knit. I'm sending you good cyber-vibes.

:hug: :grphug:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Chel
04-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Okay!!! So apparently it IS broken, just not recently!!!!

The fracture they saw is alreay knitting :teehee: together. The reason I was in so much pain now appears to be be simply tendonitis.

The :heart: Dr. :heart: said that my heel was injured previously and was already healing, apparently without me knowing it, when the xrays were taken. So, that probably isn't my problem. It may be contributing to it, but based on how things look today vs the way the were on Monday, the problem is tendonitis. The area around my tendon is swollen/tender and he thinks with the walking boot it will continue to heal. In 2 weeks he is going to re-evaluate me, give me some steroids and start a bit of physical therapy to get that tendon to start stretching properly. In the mean time I just hobble around in my boot, use crutches when it hurts and get on with yarn shopping...er... life. :rofl:

auburnchick
04-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Wow! Thanks for the update. First,

Take care of it! Make sure you ice it for at least 20 minutes 2x/day and take ibuprofen.

I have so say that I chuckled while reading your description of going to the bathroom. My daughter had knee surgery in February, and she went through the exact same thing. We even had to buy a shower chair. What an ordeal for her...having to prop her leg on the side of the tub while she bathed! She's doing rehab, but she is starting to get patella tendonitis. The symptoms are very similar to those you described. Her physical therapists gave her the advice I just gave you.

Lots of rest too...

Take good care of yourself!!

:hug: :hug:

Jeremy
04-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I hope your recovery continues smoothly. :hug:

Lucy78green
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Just out of interest, how do you know if you have tendonitis? I have sprained my right foot twice now (the last time this February) but both of my feet are painful to stand on and I've bought orthopaedic inserts for my work boots (have to wear safety boots) but they still hurt - the right one is also stiff most of the time and I appear to be walking on the outside edge of my foot first thing in the morning as it's so stiff it won't function properly until I've been walking about for a while. Both of them hurt around the arches of the feet, and after I've been standing a while my heels too. My boyfriend is nagging me to see my doctor as he thinks I might need to go to a Physio or something, but he played a lot of sport in his youth so I think he thinks physios cure everything!

auburnchick
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Try googling it and reading up on it. See if you have similar symptoms.

I think it's pretty common when you have scar tissue.

My daughter was told to massage lotion into her scar to work on that scar tissue. Of course, that only helps the tissue near the surface of the skin. You've got to do stretches to work out the rest of it.

Chel
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Apparently Tendonitis is supposed to burn like hellfire. Mine doesn't. It just feels like stabbing pains in my heel. The achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the body. From what he said having pain in the arches isn't part of tendonitis. Its more the heel-however I would be quick to point out that you might be hurting in other spots because other muscles are being forced to compensate.

:shrug: I guess I don't have any real answers except to say definitely see a Dr. You shouldn't have to live with pain.

Good luck!