PDA

View Full Version : OT: Video From The Road

Knitting_Guy
04-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Howdy everyone.

If you're really bored, I just finished a small project. I shot some video during my trucking between Oklahoma and Wisconsin. It's pretty amateur and all that but I thought some of you might enjoy it. I uploaded it to YouTube in six parts as they have a 100MB file size limit.

I have all six parts posted in my blog. Unfortunately they're in reverse order in the listing as I posted them first to last and the listing shows from most recent back.

If anyone's interested in getting a small view from the driver's seat of a big rig, or just want to have a good chuckle at my poor camera work, have a look at my blog.

cando
04-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Awesome videos!
My husband and I love the road too and make long trips often. But it was fun to see it from the driver's seat of a big truck. Thanks :)

kblue
04-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Thats so cool :yay:
I read in your blog that someone thought you sounded like Sam but even though i could see your picture and hear the voice they just wouldn't really click together in my head. It's all comming together now :teehee:
Hope your back feels better. Safe Trucking :waving:

nonny2t
04-10-2007, 06:03 AM
My husband's uncle was a trucker his whole life and when Jack was a teenager he road with his uncle somewhere, I don't remember. Anyway, Jack said the one thing he remembers is how much you bounce around in a truck cab. Great video! Hope you are healing up well and nice new pic of you in your avatar too!

temergency
04-10-2007, 06:24 AM
I was "surfing" this morning and checked out your blog! Nice scenery! I have always wanted to take a trip in a big rig! Music, open road, tons of time to knit and watch the world go by! It's nice to see green too since we still have snow! and it's still snowing here in NY. Like 300 inches wasn't enough this winter! Have a great day and you do sound like Sam - and have his rugged looks....I could watch his movies all day!!!! Keep safe, don't let the yugos get you down!!!! :waving:

DQ
04-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Great videos! I love your voice/accent :mrgreen: I had to giggle at another entry of your blog though...fanny means something different here in the UK :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
04-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed them. It was just a little experiment to see how it would work.

I am really curious now what fanny means in the UK. :rofl:

temergency
04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I read that response and laughed because I have a friend in Austrailia who was so appalled that I mentioned a "fanny pack". When she told me the definition....I was shocked....let's just say you don't have a "fanny" in those terms..... :blush:

Knitting_Guy
04-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Ah, ok. Now I get it. Language can be so amusing sometimes. :rofl:

figaro
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Your videos remind me of our coast to coast move in December, I must say the long drive (2900 miles and 10 states in 6 days) and made for a very long drive. But we were able to see parts of the country for the first time and it was great.

My brother drives long haul in the north western part of CA, ID, OR and WA and your video gives us with relatives who drive a idea of what it may be like for them while they are on the road.

Great videos!

monzogary
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
I absolutely love the change in styles of music - it reminds me of me LOL! All the music was great, as was your commentary. I thoroughly enjoyed watching all six parts of your video. But one question - where was the knitting?! :teehee:
Thanks for sharing Mason!

Stiney
04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I actually watched parts 1-3 last night (you hadn't posted 4-6 yet). I was concerned about you keeping your eyes on the road! :teehee:

And I should've known you were a Cat Stevens fan. :rofl:

brownishcoat
04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't realize that Houston was part of your route! I really like your voice, too.

My cousin drives a truck for Fed-Ex, so I was hearing a little about that recently, too. :D

feministmama
04-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Just how fast are you going? I only watched the 1st one. Maybe you say in a later episode

MoniDew
04-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the road trip! I enjoyed it! :happydance:

It was great to hear your voice, too, and your many styles of music! (Loved the classical choices, myself.)

Your starting point in Oklahoma, was likely 20 minutes away from where I live! Next time through, pm me or something!! :poke:

Good to know you're back out on the road, doing what you do best! Your witch doctor - I mean chiropractor - fixed you up! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
________
Vapir one (http://www.vaporshop.com/one-vaporizer.html)

Braden
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Cool!

BinkyKat
04-10-2007, 09:37 PM
waahh...my speakers still arent' hooked up cuz it's too hard to get behind the desk to do so...rrrrrr, i need to do this cuz i miss out on the sound part of videos... :verysad:
anyhooo, cool thanks for sharing! :happydance:

DianaM
04-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Niiiice tunes, and nice views ^^

Seriously, you should start a trucking forum or something. With a special area for knitting truckers.

Edit: hehehe, I kept waiting for you to pull out the needles and do a few stitches :teehee:

Braden
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, you should!

Krystal
04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I loved the videos. I remember back when I was 11, after going on my first long road trip. I declared I wanted to be a trucker. I'm 23 with no liscence now, but watching the video's reminded me why I want one. Just you and the open road.

I see you're coming to Detroit, I'm just across the river in Windsor. If you are ever coming over to the Canadian side say Hi!

:hug:

Knitting_Guy
04-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm glad some folks enjoyed my poorly shot videos.

This trip was scheduled so tightly that I didn't have time for knitting at all. Too busy just trying to get there.

Nikita-amimono
04-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Interesting video, Mason!
:cheering:

I was a little concerned about your driving and
doing videographer.
How many hands do you have?? :eyebrow:

Niki

Hildegard_von_Knittin
04-11-2007, 10:35 AM
sooo... you mean to tell me that you drove from nebraska to wisconsin and you didn't bother to stop in the center of the universe????? :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Nebraska?

Knitting_Guy
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Interesting video, Mason!
:cheering:

I was a little concerned about your driving and
doing videographer.
How many hadns do you have?? :eyebrow:

Niki

Thanks. Actually that's why the shots aren't all that good most of the time. The camera is small and easy to handle with one hand, but I had my eyes on the road and not the camera most of the time.

orcoastknitter
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Those were great videos. My father was a truck driver while I was growing up. They brought back many good memories.

Belphoebe
04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
Loved the videos. Made me rather homesick I must say. Grew up in Iowa, went to college in Missouri, haunted Wisconsin and Illinois then somehow made it to North Carolina. Ah, to see the horizon and feel the wind in your hair. Ever thought of making a compilation CD? I agree with the others, your tunes rocked!